April 20, 2014 | 837 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Mekong

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by rebeccacalvetti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a lot of love for this product. I would give it five stars but it is a little too hard to apply. Much darker than it looks in the tin, it must be applied with great care.......in order not to have it get out of hand, I suppose is the best way to put it. I generally use it as an upper eye liner, and for this, it is really ideal, with a great deal more mystique than basic black. I think the consistency is similar to that of Nar's Night_____ line. You know, Night Flight, Night Fever, and the like. Also very hard to apply, but very, very beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by kellieliza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so this one is a bit disappointing on. In the pan, it looks like a rich, complex bronze/brown... like a beetle's back or gilding in an incense-enveloped Cambodian template. It's really a rich, very dark coffee grounds brown/black. Once you accept this, it's a great shadow. I find it hard to wear black, so instead I use Mekong for a smoky eye. The quality is great for Nars, which can be hit or miss. This is a hit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Mekong is a beautiful shade -- a deep, complex espresso with gold shimmer. It is very heavily pigmented, and I really only use it as an outer corner accent, as it's very dense and is (for me) a bit too much for the lid outside of a smoky eye look. A tiny amount goes a very long way, and while I would buy it again, there is no way I will use enough of it to run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mekong is a dark bark brown shade with gold flecks. The shade applied very dark and I usually use it for an outer v. It was somewhat easy to work with. Not my favorite I guess I brought into the hype of owning NARS eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Mekong is a dark espresso coloured shade with little flecks of gold. I love browns, I'm always in search for the perfect brown. NARS eyeshadows have great colours which are unique and brilliant. I love NARS Galapagos, it was my go to eyeshadow for 2009/2010 and everyone complimented on how it made my eyes seem more lumionus. But Galapagos requires alot of time to pack on to achieve coverage and you can't just blend it with a fluffy 217 brush because the sparkles won't show up. So I use a flat eyeshadow brush that I usually use for creams or liquids and just pat it on. Pat, pat, pat....yet it takes long to get pigmentation. So I tried Mekong which is darker, hoping it would take less time to do my eyes since it is a few shades darker. It is more dramatic, some say it looks black. I say its a rich dark brown...if you confuse it with black you clearly can't distinguish colours very well. Its clearly a rich dark brown. More for night, not for day like Galapagos. I used this carefully because there is wicked fallout. Fall out galore. In fact, don't even bother doing face makeup since there is so much fall out and there is little you can do once it falls down... =( The texture is a little smoother than Galapagos so it does go on easier. Be very careful how you apply and blend. It takes a while to get it perfect...but once you do it's stunning. I actually use Mekong all over my lid and love it. You can also use a small angle brush and swipe it along the lash line but I love making my eyes dark and dramatic with rich browns like Mekong. I don't normally pair Mekong with other colours... I'm happy using it on it's own with whatever highlighter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other reviewers Ive found this to be really pigmented and you have to know where youre placing it.
I dont think Ive used it enough to give a really good review so will update whenI hve done. I think i did find that at the end of the day the pogment was still there but the shimmer had dissappeared will check properly next time.
Will also try using wet.
From what I have tried though I think it is one of the better eyeshadows from Nars.
I have Cyprus and a duo (cant remember name) and Im not really impressed with the quality for what you pay

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

great deep brown, comes out very dark. has a nice sublte shimmer, good staple colour to use in crease, along lash line, to deepen other browns. blends well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Svay777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveeeee this eyeshadow from nars! It's one of my all time favorite eye shadow out of all the eye eye shadows that I have! It is soo pigmented! Just one swipe with a brush and you get soo much product that it's ridiculous, lol! This was the first eye shadow that I bought from Nars before I bought it because I was reading reviews on it, and I must say, I'm in love with it! It's a dark brown with gold shimmer, so beautiful! I recommend this product to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I love this colour! It's dark, but it's not black. It does not look dull at all! I use this at the otter-v to create smoky eyes and as a liner. It does an amazing job at setting black liners since I don't like harsh lines. And it's also to just put it on the lower water line and smoke it out a little. I like to pair it with NARS Cyprus and MAC Patina. But I am sure it will go well with a lot of different colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by painterlyrose

This is a dark expresso with subtle gold shimmer.It's beautiful!

When applied dry, it comes out a matte dark brown-black (especially if you blend or swipe), perfect for smokey brown eyes. If you want it distinctly brown or use it as a crease colour you must use very little and Blend! It's perfect as a liner dry or wet (wet shows the gold shimmer more). I just love how versatile this eyeshadow is.

Pigmentation is through the roof, use a little and tap off excess. From the negative reviews, people have just been disappointed by the colour because they had a different expectations - this is dark. I would buy this again but I don't think I'll ever run out!