Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 1/27/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this during the summer months because of the SPF, could be a bit cheaper though.

on 1/27/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a Christmas present. Overall, I like it pretty well. I like how it melts into your lips, and I don't mind the slightly grainy texture. For me, it actually lasts a really long time. For some reason when I'm wearing this I don't rub or press my lips together very much, which I normally do a lot during the day. I don't care for the scent, but that's a personal preference type of thing. I do really love the packaging--the metal container and screw-top lid are genius. I enjoyed this and it worked really well for me during the coldest days of our winter when I was walking/waiting outside for the bus and the like. I feel like it protected my lips and the color was a great bonus.

What I don't like is that because this product does go on thickly and "melts" into your lips, it disappears quickly from the tube. Mine lasted barely a month and I only wore it during the daytime (but I did wear it everyday). Also it started to smoosh and break in the tube. I didn't think I was twisting it up all that much when applying it, but I guess I was. There was a very small (but usable) amount left when it finally broke off completely and I trashed it because it wasn't worth my time to try to salvage. That being said, this tube of lip stuff has entirely too high of a price tag for it to be breaking off. If I were to have purchased this I would have been ticked that it broke and I had to chuck out the last little bit.

This stuff is good and I really enjoyed it, but no way am I paying over 20 bucks to repurchase.

on 1/3/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While this is a good product, I just feel the $22 price tag can't be justified. It does have a very smooth, creamy feel when applied and isn't greasy or heavy. The consistency is better than Chapstick, but very similar to Blistex Silk & Shine. This does have just a hint of color once applied it gives a sheer wash of color. If you can recall the old Covergirl Lipslicks, the color payoff is similar to that. This does have a faint yet pleasant citrusy lemony type scent. Overall I feel like there are comparable products for a fraction of the price, but if you have $20 burning a hole in you pocket and a need a lip balm, it's worth a try.

on 12/9/2014 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I finally caved to try this and now have a love/hate sort of relationship with it. I was very close to giving it a 4/5, but I just couldn't do it. I enjoy the smell, it's kind of lemon-fruity and light. The packaging is also amazing. I bought the mini, so I'm assuming the larger variety is the same - it is a metal container that twists on at the bottom so the lid can't come off if it ends up rolling around in your purse. It's a very cute-looking container. The consistency...it goes on like a dream and has a light rose sheen to it...and then, this is where I give it 3/5...and honestly, almost 2/5. This product has like...zero wear to it. I have to reapply it so often that it's just annoying. I'm not sure if it's how quickly this product dries or if the sunscreen irritates my lips, but it also seems to dry them more than it actually moisturizes. You'd think that a lip balm with such an extremely steep price tag would be AMAZING.....but it's just not. I think this is one of those products that has just been given too much hype, because I am more disappointed than anything. Something called a "lip treatment" should treat, not leave your lips no more hydrated than a tube of Soft Lips.

on 11/17/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this balm. I don't want lipstick, most of the time I want natural, sexy-looking lips,that's just what this delivers. I feel like the tube is classy, it's a sophisticated woman's chap-stick lol.

on 9/15/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a smaller size of this in a kit. While the texture and scent of this were just as wonderful as the original, the color was way too bright and fuchsia for something called “Rose” which I think should be softer, “rosier” pink. I should note that lipsticks and glosses tend to turn bright pink on me, so my dislike of this product’s color probably has more to do with my natural lip color. The formula pampered and softened my lips, and I love that is had SPF, but the color was just was too bright on me. I won’t buy a full size of this lip balm/tint.

on 8/3/2014 9:36:00 PM

I bought this product as a splurge as I have read a lot of positive reviews. I felt slightly guilty with a $22 price tag, but I don't regret it. I was expecting a balmy/stain look, but it applies almost as a gloss. The color is a very subtle pink that goes well with literally any look. I do agree with other reviews about a slightly grainy texture. I don't kind the lemon scent. I believe this product will last a long time and I can't wait to try another color (berry!).

on 7/4/2014 2:00:00 PM

I love the shade of this balm, the scent and the packaging, but have a huge problem with the consistency and the ease of breaking when applying straight from the tube. I use my fingers now, but defeats the purpose and convenience (not to mention the hygiene) of a tube v. a pot. If I have to use my fingers, I would probably buy Rosebud Salve instead of Fresh. I really wanted to like this, but the consistency really is a bummer.

on 6/21/2014 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I finally decided to see what the hype is about and splurged on Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose. I'm picky about lip balms and haven't really found any one that I'm 100% happy with, not even now, but after using this, I can see why some people love it. Unlike some, I detect no scent on mine, and usually I'm very sensitive to product odors. Sugar is indeed moisturizing but it doesn't last very long on the lips, just like all other balms don't. The case is quite heavy but a bit annoying in that it screws instead of just pulling on/off. I agree that the price is ridiculously high. I might repurchase one day, but I'm not entirely sure since there are so many drugstore balms equally as good, like Yes to Carrots Lip Butter, Burt's Bee's Ultra Conditioning, Lypsyl, and so on, although most of them do not have SPF. Sugar is worth a try if you can get it as a gift or you feel like spending $23, but if you're looking for a miracle product, keep going.

on 6/21/2014 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not a fan. It's not very moisturising and I don't like the flavour, feel or glossy look on my lips.

It's a very average product and def overpriced. Would not repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments