July 31, 2014 | 967 users online

Lip Treatments - Qtica - Intense Lip Repair Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by LeAnne33

made my lips sooooo soft and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It works! I have tried TONS of chapsticks in my life, as my lips, no matter the season, are always dry and chapped and gross. I discovered a while ago that the best route is a thick moisturizer worn overnight, like vaseline or Eucerin. Those works OKAY but not great. Qtica works much better, though! I noticed a measurable difference after the first use, and I feel with continued usage they are healing more, looking much more soft, even, and hydrated. Feels thick on, and has a slight tingly feeling, which I find pleasant. Would repurchase. Price is reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Lip Heaven in a tube.

I have very large, full lips, so when they get chapped, it's majorly painful! This winter, between the cold and a lot of anxiety, they've become unbearable from being bitten and then licked to soothe, then rebitten, then going into the freezing wind! After nothing - I mean NOTHING - worked to heal them, I turned to this. Well, thank heavens I did! It is so thick and creamy and luxurious. It really does stay on your lips, despite rubbing them together, drinking (at least from a bottle), and talking. I like to massage it in as well. I noticed a huge difference as soon as I started using it.

I also love that it is in a tube! Pots can be very messy and unsanitary. It does seem to take work to get out of the tube, but it is definitely worth it. I love it - totally justifiable price point for this miracle in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only medicated smelling lip balm I use as I normally worry about menthol irritating my lips. But this stuff gets a free pass and a 5 because it's so creamy and hydrating. It really protects and heals even in sub zero, windy weather. None of my other lip balms have the cling that this has. It stays on and shields your lips-- a heavy duty lip balm and hg.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by whill08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I get majorly peely dry lips, in the winter and this is a godsend. Most balms I've tries just sit on my lips and moisturize the parts of my lips that aren't super dry. After the first night I used this I woke up and was able to easily rub all the old dry skin off my lips with a washcloth. Usually I have to really scrub to get the flakies off. Like others have mentioned this is a little tough to get out of the tube, but I love that it's in a tube not a pot. If it gets really cold it's impossible to get out, just put it in your back pocket for a minute and it will soften right up. I use this before bed and when I'm around the house only, because it has a medicinal/herbal scent and leaves a white color on your lips (which fades fairly quickly as it sinks in). Overall I love this and would totally call it my HG winter lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not too gloppy/sticky, stays on a while, and smooths out flaky lips. It's very minty, which I could do without, and worst of all, is white. Both the mint and the white fade fast, but I'm not about to smear this on in public. Looks like I got rabies. I'll use it up, though. I got mine as part of the Lips and Tips set, with the Intense Cuticle Repair Balm, which is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've got a box-ful of products that haven't quite worked to help real dry, flaky lips (particularly after wearing lipstick with heavy pigment). Up to this point, I've depended on Carmex tubes to soften/heal (although its camphor sometimes makes lips worse0 and Avene sticks to wear under lipstick. Just got turned on to this product and it's great. It's a non-greasy and non-drying cream that holds and it's effective two ways:
--on its own to soften lips and eliminate flakiness, dryness
--under lipstick or gloss to keep color smooth and create a shield for lips
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by volyund

This lip balm is amazing.
Got this 2 weeks ago and have been using it for a just a week and what a difference. I'm a lip biter, and so my lips are usually pretty flaky. I've tried a lot of lip balms, and normal lip balms get eaten off pretty quickly. But this one has amazing staying power. It stays for hours even through stress (most lip biting)! I only have to apply it few times a day.
Formula is really thick, and at first it feels too thick and hard to spread. But as you spread it, it seeps in, and stays. After a minute it doesn't feel greasy or sticky at all, and doesn't rub or kiss off (my SO loves that). It smells like camphor, which reminded me of an ointment from my childhood, but the smell goes away quickly.
I've tried everything from Burts Bees, to $45 Shiseido Lip treatment, and this one is by far the best. I can finally stop searching for a perfect lip balm. This cost me $12, which was more than worth it.

Update: For the first time in years there are no peeling spots on my lips, and I don't have anything to bite!

Update: After I stopped using it for a while and came back to it (nothing compared) the applicator smelled funny. I think it was residue from my lips that started smelling, so I cleaned it with cotton and Q-tips. Now it doesn't smell any longer, but I make sure to apply the balm with my fingers, rather than round applicator from now on. I guess not enough preservatives.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a definite love/hate relationship with this product. I HATE that it has chemical sunscreen in it (because that is of the devil) and I HATE that it has parabens in it (also of the devil). I really hate that I have to wrestle with the stupid tube to get a little pin drop out. But this stuff fixes my chapped lips like nothing else. I rarely get really chapped lips but when I do nothing seems to help except this stuff. I have tried high end and drugstore and everything in between and this is the only thing that saves my lips when they really need saving.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ParisXIII

I received this in a swap from a wonderful lady, and I am ashamed to say it sat in my vanity drawer for a few weeks.

Finally one day I saw it there and realized I had never tried it...and oh my god! What an awesome lip product! I swear by it now. I apply it every night and have done so ever since it started to get cold...I have not had cracky lips at all this winter and in fact it makes my lips particularly smooth.

It is really thick, and I have to squeeze the tube SUPER HARD to get even the tiniest amount out of it, but it is really great and I will definitely purchase a new tube when this one runs out.

The balm itself is white so it does not really work under other colors...I think it is best to use it at night.