Dr. Jart+ Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.533%; Zinc Oxide 3.840%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate Updated 4/15/203

on 7/12/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This BB cream has a good medium buildable coverage, with great uses for oiler skins as well as for drier ones. I would say that it gives me a radiant finish, not too shiny nor too matte... it is overall a good product, I just think does not worth the price. Also, it comes in just one shade, which is too dark for my skin (I normally mix it with a lighter foundation so it looks more even lol). But if your skin is a NW20 or NW25, i think this would be perfect for you.

on 6/23/2014 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product so much that I tried it on four separate occasions. Yet each time it looked grayish white on my light pink/neutral skin and no matter whether I put on only a little or a lot, it looked very cakey and accentuated my acne pockmarks, which other BB creams do not on me. The coverage wasn't so great -- since it's thick you'd think it would cover more, but it didn't cover red spots like other BB creams do. And it's so hard to blend!
I guess this is supposed to be more like Asian BB creams and maybe I like the American ones better, but really disappointed. Wah.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Too dark for my Bobbi Brown Alabaster, ~NC10-15 skin. Also, was very drying and highlighted my pores.

on 5/1/2014 4:43:00 PM

I bought this because I love Dr. Jart's water fuse bb cream a LOT and I wanted to explore the brand more. I like this bb cream. Not as much as water fuse, which gives me a beautifuly dewy glow, but I like this one pretty well. The color is supposed to be universal but I think it comes off a bit dark on me if I just wear it alone. I don't have this problem with the water fuse bb cream. if I use my regular sun screen underneath, however, and I just dab on a bit of the Black Label BB cream, I find that the mix makes my skin looks like its normal color. It does make my skin look nice and even, and somewhat glowy. However, I think the water fuse bb cream is more moisturizing and provides the dewy finish that I like, so after I use this up, I probably won't repurchase. I think this BB cream may oxidize a bit as well - when I wear it without my regular sunscreen underneath, I noticed that my looked a bit orange =\

on 4/25/2014 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OKay, I finally bought my Dr. Jart BB Cream because, well, because I thought it would be great because it's expensive (how stupid was I)
Coverage: This does not coverage as much as I expected. It covers my pores and blackheads but nut my scars
Color: I have fair skin and it fits me well. But, it oxidizes after about 3 hours wearing. My face turns into orange-ish which never happens with any of my previous BB Cream (Holika Holika, Skin 79, Garnier, BanilaCo, L'oreal)
Others: I have combination skin type with very oily T-zone and dry cheeks. This BB Cream melts on my T-Zone but still makes my cheeks dried (Weird!). Like, I actually can see some lines when it melts on my forehead even though I touch up with MAC blotted powder.
Overall, I'm disappointed with this BB Cream and I don't understand why it's so expensive compared to others. The only good things is that it gives me a nice glow but that dewy healthy skin is gone after an hour. And, I live in Canada and it's still cold here and this BB cream acts like I'm living in a humid and hot city...

on 4/13/2014 3:14:00 PM

Well at first I applied it with my fingers and I didnt like it but when I tríed applying with my sigma brush I love it I have acne prone skin and this dosent break me out and I will say that it gives a medium coverage with out looking cakey. I also must say a little goes a long way.

on 3/21/2014 7:27:00 PM

Uhg I wanted to love this product. I recently suffered from a terrible breakout from a MAC product (if you're sensitive stay away from MAC foundations.). Anyway I have oily very very very light skin and this was too dark for me. I've seen a lot of reviews that this either makes them look ghostly or it's too dark so it seems that unless you are in the realm of this exact color this isn't going to work for you. I also felt very oily when I had this one and it just didn't feel good on my skin. I really wanted to like this and I know people that love it so I suggest getting a weeks worth sample to see if you break out (I felt like this really clogged my pores).

on 2/3/2014 12:11:00 PM

I got the sample size and I love it! However, I only use this and powder on my face because I put foundation on over it one time and it made it look like I caked my makeup on. Overall, when it comes to this, a little goes a long way!

on 1/21/2014 6:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

NOTE: I HAVE A SAMPLE NOT THE FULL SIZE.
Okay this is one of those products that I used where the ingredients look very good but the visuals leave more to be desired. This feels moisturizing and comftorable but like a lot of reviewers said it leaves a ghostly look on the skin.( I thought that my skin looked like it was covered in chalk and this was darker than my NW13 complexion!) This affect does seem to go away after you finish applying the rest of your makeup but still. Also this only comes in one color so its not for everyone.
The good news if you want to lighten your skin for whatever reason this has the ability to do so. It has broad spectrum sunscreen(mineral) and alpha arbutin in fairly high amounts. Arbutin works the same as hydroquinone but is viewed as safer by the public.
Other beneficial ingredients include:ginko biloba camellia sinesis leaf extract ubiquinone aloe and collagen. The packaging keeps the ingredients stable.
Ingredient cons:
if you have animal allergys beware of the collagen ingredient.
There is alcohol lower on the list and that is bad.

on 1/5/2014 11:24:00 PM

A friend of mine actually recommended using this to help with my skin. I was a bit worried about buying it(it's not exactly cheap) and breaking out. But I went for it anyways and it's great. It is a bit dull at first but blends it very well. I like to put a mineral veil on after to reduce some of the shine it adds. It does a fairly good job covering the red marks and helping even out my skin tone. But my t zone does get oily by the end of a work day. This is actually the only thing I have ever used that I got complimented on which made me very happy.