September 2, 2014 | 1890 users online

Scrubs - Peter Thomas Roth - Blemish Buffing Beads

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by yippee1999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(This item is in my Swap list.....)

I find the name of this product to be misleading. "Buffing" implies to me that when I use this product, that I am going to feel a grainy texture to the product...that I will FEEL like some exfoliation is ACTIVELY taking place as I rub the product into my skin during a shower. "Beads" imply that 'yes", this is a product for use in the shower.

Yet when I used this product in the shower and rubbed it into my skin, it felt like "nothing".

Perhaps the salicylic and glycolic acids that are contained in the product are doing the exfoliating, but then, if that's the case, I might as well just apply one of PTR's other topical acid products to my skin after I get out of the shower! Why have a separate product like this then, that's designed for shower use?

I bought this product because I enjoy using a body scrub in the shower, so that I can get rid of dead skin and then the steam from the shower can better get into my pores....plump up my skin...and so that when I then apply moisturizer my skin will have this nice soft, plump, glowing appearance to it.

Not only did this product not provide any kind of visible exfoliation in the form of grains, but even the acids contained within the product didn't seem to give off any of that "stinging" sensation. So I felt I was basically just applying a "cream" to my skin during the shower, but that it was accomplishing nothing.

A real disappointment. Now I'll have to go out and buy another REAL body scrub with grains for use in the shower....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by phizzybee

the buffing bead products dont lather as well as the glycolic/anti aging/blemish cleansers in the PTR range. this one is a little finer in beads than the anti aging exfoliating gel. however when it lathers it feels almost creamy. the beads are not small or sharp enough to tear delicate healing skin, probably just right. Works best alternated with a PTR cleanser otherwise it doesnt feel strong enough to remove makeup or the particles fine enough to shift dry surface skin. it works well chemically though. if you want something to shift dry skin and leave it smooth (avoid any healing blemishes) try the multi action all in one micro dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by smita

I have been suffering from backne for 5 years or more now and the only thing that helped was to be on oral antibiotics. I had to stop and could not find a cure for my back acne. After using this in the shower everyday, i have noticed that my acne has cleared up, the scars are fading and my skin looks brighter and smoother. i have also started using it on my face every other day and noticed smoother clearer skin. i love this product and will continue to use it till i find something better...if ever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I don't know about this...it smells nice, but do not do much for the skin... The beads are very soft and the cleanser is in some way creamy, even if it looks like a gel....it does not foam well enough.... I like clensers to foam!

When it comes to PTR's products the glycolic cleanser and the Salicylic gel cleanser (2% BHA) are both better than this one....

And when it comes to other brands (and salicylic cleansers) I prefer Murads Clarifying Cleanser, and even Dermalogicas is better than Buffing beads.

Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Nice. I had a sample sachet and found that this scrub left my skin feeling incredibly smooth and soft, like a rose petal. No dry patches. No irritation nor redness. My face doesn't have that tight and shiny, 'just scrubbed' look. It just looks clean and bright. Not sure how this would work on existing blemishes, since the salicylic acid doesn't have a chance to stay on the skin long enough to do its magic. But I suppose it'd be a good preventative measure, by removing dead stuff without irritating your skin. I think I'd try a larger size if I could find it on sale somewhere. It's rather expensive at $36 for 8.5 oz.
continued >>