Sephora Sephora by OPI - Mermaid To Order

4.2

on 11/15/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour of this product is the best part. I was looking for an alternative to the regular 'rock chic' colours limited to black or red, and this was my answer. The metallics in it are gorgeous, and looks great on my fair skin tone. Only complaint is that the cap of the bottle sometimes gets stuck to the point where I have to have some one STRONG open it...

on 9/6/2011 1:08:00 AM

I really love Mermaid to Order. I have other colors in this family, including my favorite gillter polish Catch Me in Your Net. But this still is a hit for me. I was given a second bottle as a birthday gift and instead of swapping it I'm keeping it. I love colors in this range and this particular one flatters me.

Sephora OPI is not better than regular at all and I don't see why it's a higher priced product, but when you love a color you get it. I like the way this product cures hard covers in two coats and doesn't show strokes even though it's metallic.

on 7/29/2011 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not a fan of SOPI polishes; I don't like the bottle shape, the brush is too thin, and they're more expensive than regular OPI, but I've had Mermaid to Order for quite a while now. The color is pretty, but does fall a little flat on the nail. While going through my stash last night I found that I have 3-4 very similar colors that are prettier on the nail. I'd save my $10 and buy a unique color.

on 6/19/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Looks great on the toes for summer at the beach. The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I never seem to finish a bottle of polish. This one might empty though because all my friends have been borrowing it.

on 6/11/2011 12:50:00 AM

Definitely one of my favorite nail polishes that I have! It's different and bright and just a really cute color in general. It's different and is really shimmery which I love about it. I hate how expensive these nail polishes are but I think they are worth it.

on 3/14/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this color. Its so beautiful. Its got such a stunning blue/green/turquoise/silver/ gold shimmer and I love it. However sinful colors aqua is almost an exact dupe, just a little darker blue. Thats the only reason I wouldn't buy this again. I love this color and so many people have commented on how beautiful it looks.

on 1/4/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really striking color. It's much lighter than what I was expecting, and very, VERY sparkly. Wearing this color you feel like your hands are in a constant spotlight. Not a bad thing, obvi, but also not what I was looking for at the time. That being said, if you're trying to be seen, two coats of this and you will be visible from space.

on 11/8/2010 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been wanting this polish for a while now and finally picked it up during Sephora F & F. Well, it's as nice as I expected it to be. Applies pretty good. I don't like the small brush but it's doable and the formula is nice. Lasting power is great. The color is just gorgeous, a light green/blue with micro-shimmers. Would I buy this again? No. DUPE ALERT! Sinful's Gorgeous is 98% dupe. Gorgeous is very slightly more blue, but it's not noticeable enough (you have to look at both nails next to eachother and stare hard!) that I'd spend 8 more dollars on the OPI.

on 8/17/2010 4:47:00 PM

I love this color almost as much as I love the name. It's a beautiful teal with a strong gold shimmer. I didn't know it was going to be so reflective when I bought it, but I didn't hate it. Great to switch up serious nail colors and have fun with. It's long lasting depending on how hard on your nails you are.

on 7/2/2010 9:55:00 PM

I loved the iridescence in the bottle but the color applies very flat on the nails. Beautiful concept, but sort of a waste of my money since none of the three dimensional quality really shines through. I rarely use mermaid on its own, I either swipe a matte topcoat on it or apply it sheer over other nail polishes.

Popular Polishes