October 20, 2014 | 1811 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by MissPanzer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Bare Escentuals 'Flawless Definition' mascara in the shade 'Espresso':
This mascara is my HG! I have fairly long, very blond (think almost transparent) and quite fine lashes and finding a mascara that did not turn my lashes into big clumps or spider legs was a right pain.
Then I found this treasure and pure bliss settled upon me. It applies ever so smoothly, defines, separates and coats even the smallest eyelashes effortlessly. It holds a curl quite well, I have no problems with flaking, smudging or running and it lasts all day.
On top of that it seems to nourish my lashes and make them grow longer and stronger. That it is cruelty and paraben free is just the icing on the cake.
My only gripe with this mascara is that it here in Denmark costs a whopping $50/€38/£33! (Luckily I found a couple of UK sites where you can buy it for less than half the Danish price.)
In conclusion; Best. Mascara. Ever! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by NotYourKindofPeople

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My eyes: I have fine blond eyelashes, that are naturally semi-curled. My skin is combination, and I don't usually have issues with my mascara running under my eyes.

The brush and tube: This mascara has a rubber brush with short fine bristles. The brush overall is narrow, with a tapered end. I find the brush easy to use, and is small enough to not make a mess of my lower lashes. The bottle and stopper does a great job of removing excess product, even ay the tapered end. The tube is sleek and black.

The formula: The formula is quite wet, and decently dark black. After several weeks to a month the formula is still wet and hasn't dried up in the least. The formula holds a lash curler curl well, and even helps along my natural curl. I am able to build two coats for a dramatic look, or stick to one for a daytime look.

The look/wear: This mascara gives me a defined, flared lash look. This formula wears all day for me without smudging or flaking. It is not waterproof, but in the heat and humidity of summer it is wearing well. The only problem I have is that because the formula is wet, if I am in a rush or blink during application, I can have mascara transfer to my lids. This isn't a huge issue, and a q-tip quickly solves this.

The bottom line: I am very happy with this mascara. It does everything I want it to. For $18, it is more than I would like to spend (I prefer DS mascara), but I do plan to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by balletrc10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this Mascara. My love is the small fine brush I have full control of seeing the brush hitting and coating my eyelashes. By the end of the day it smudges and runs off. I got this as a sample from my bfs mom so no money lost on that

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I need a mascara that will truly stay put. I've been searching for a long time. I work in the medical field, and am super busy all day long, plus I do Vinyasa and hot yoga, and to top it off, I'm now paraben free.

I have been, and continue to be, on the lookout for a mascara I can use everyday. Clinque was the closest I have come, but they use three parabens in their formula. When I needed to purchase new mascara, I found this at Ulta. Bonus, I had some points to redeem, so even though I couldn't use a coupon, I did get it for $9 off. It was SO worth trying at that price.

It has a dry formula, easy to apply. The brush is phenomenal. It doesn't lengthen much, but it does provide volume. It dries quickly, and this doesn't clump at all when applying. It comes off a lot easier for me with grapeseed or almond oil, as warm water doesn't work like its supposed to. The Clinque flaked on me a lot, and this one leaves me with racoon eyes. For now, I am using Clinque on the bottom, and this on top, so I have smudge free and racoon free eyes, but I can't do this forever due to the parabens, grr. I will repurchase if I can't find anything better, simply because it is paraben free, but we'll see what the future holds.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Flakes too much, nothing special. I would rather spend $$ on more expensive mascara and be happy, or spend $$ on drugstore brand and save. I found this mascara to be overpriced for what it does. There is nothing special about it, the formula leaves something to be desired, and it doesn't create wow eyes and I know of cheaper options that give the same look as this does. I would consider this mascara a step above natural-looking mascara. For the price, I'd rather pay the extra $6 and get Laura Mercier or DiorShow and be happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Emmalynch1798

I got a sample of this and love it! It's kind of like a my lashes but better mascara. Super natural but can be built up. I use this as a base mascara for my maybelline the rocket and they work amazing together

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I found this mascara to be a pretty okay one. It does the job that it's supposed to do. It curls and adds a bit of lengthening to my lashes everytime I've ever used it. And, most of all, it doesn't irritate my eyes one bit.

However, there are better mascaras that I have tried before. Which is why, I do not consider this particular mascara worthy of re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by comet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is really nice. Nice definition, nice curl holding power. It can tend to flake a little after a 12 hour day, but I cannot complain about that. It does not bother my eyes at all! It may clump a bit, because it is so thick, but going over with a lash comb fixes that right up.

Great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried the Volumising version of this mascara and really loved it. I had read good things about this one so I decided to try it, plus I really like this whole cosmetics line. Normally I really like the fine tooth combs as opposed to the big plushy ones so I figured this would be great, but for some reason this just doesn't "wow" me! I will start off by saying I have light and fine eyelashes, about medium thickness (pretty normal). I really like the feel of the formula, it's light, feels good on my lashes and I have zero irritation all day. No flaking, however I did notice some fade-out by the end of the day, it doesn't seem to maintain the same impact as when it's first applied. Now for the application. The brush is a great design, but either my lashes are too fine or the comb doesn't have enough teeth because I don't seem to be getting the kind of definition I am after. I do have clumping with this, and I find it a little hard to layer on. It holds a curl sort of okay, its not a super thick formula so it doesnt weigh down. I seem to get this on my eyelids for some reason, which is a first time for me. I did not notice any lengthening, which is too bad since my eyelashes are very light (almost see through) and need all the help they can get on the ends!! I think if you have thicker longer lashes, this is perfect, I can imagine how this would apply and it would be great. I really wanted to love this stuff! If you have thin, blonde, and/or fine lashes I would recommend the Volumising formula!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by BimboBarbie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been buying this product for 2 years now and tried other mascaras. I have complex allergies, cannot tolerate many products, and wear contact lenses. This is one of the only mascaras I've tried that doesn't irritate my eyes and I've actually noticed my lashes have been longer since using this product. I go back and forth between the volumizing and regular formula and currently have one of each in my cosmetic bag. I use the volumizing on my top lashes and the lengthening on the bottom since it seems to have less clumps. Unfortunately it's not waterproof so it does run, but it's also very easy to remove with my everyday facewash so I continue to re-purchase.