Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition mascara

3.8

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Stearic Acid, Diisostearoyl Trimethylpropane SiloxySilicate, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malachite Extract, Smithsonite Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-):Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I really didn't like this mascara. I received the sample size from sephora, and was excited to try it because I love alot of other products from the brand, like their mineral foundation. I hated the brush, which is a very traditional thick bristle brush that was a bit difficult to apply. The formula was extremely dry. It flaked a little during the day. It smelled totally weird! Not for me. Would not purchase.

on 8/8/2013 12:36:00 AM

After using this for 2 weeks I have decided to give it 4/5 stars. Its an amazing mascara, totally defines but isn't as volumizing as I would have liked. After I finish this, Ill probably go out and find something else to try.

--------------------
I am amazed at how amazing this mascara is, especially for such an affordable price ($32NZD at Mecca Cosmetica). I didn't have enough money to replace my HG mascara (Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash) so I decided to give Bare Minerals a try since I really do love their foundations and lipsticks. My first time using it I was pretty happy with the results; my eyelashes are long and defined at the moment and it is such a buildable mascara. No clumping, no flaky and no transfer (yet - but Ill keep you posted. I do have slightly oily eyelids so some mascara's do give me those lil stripes that I have to continually wipe away)

on 8/7/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not the best mascara I've ever tried, but I like it! It definitely lengthens and volumizes. It dries pretty quickly and never clumps or smudges. The packaging and brush are both great. :)
One thing I would complain about is that this mascara is pretty difficult to remove. I ended up losing almost 10 eyelashes while removing it last night. It's also a little pricey.
Bottom Line: It's a very good quality mascara, but it's pricey and hard to remove. Not exactly sure whether I'll repurchase it or not, but I'm leaning towards no.

on 7/26/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This review is for the Bare Escentuals 'Flawless Definition' mascara in the shade 'Espresso':
This mascara is my HG! I have fairly long, very blond (think almost transparent) and quite fine lashes and finding a mascara that did not turn my lashes into big clumps or spider legs was a right pain.
Then I found this treasure and pure bliss settled upon me. It applies ever so smoothly, defines, separates and coats even the smallest eyelashes effortlessly. It holds a curl quite well, I have no problems with flaking, smudging or running and it lasts all day.
On top of that it seems to nourish my lashes and make them grow longer and stronger. That it is cruelty and paraben free is just the icing on the cake.
My only gripe with this mascara is that it here in Denmark costs a whopping $50/€38/£33! (Luckily I found a couple of UK sites where you can buy it for less than half the Danish price.)
In conclusion; Best. Mascara. Ever! :-)

My eyes: I have fine blond eyelashes, that are naturally semi-curled. My skin is combination, and I don't usually have issues with my mascara running under my eyes.

The brush and tube: This mascara has a rubber brush with short fine bristles. The brush overall is narrow, with a tapered end. I find the brush easy to use, and is small enough to not make a mess of my lower lashes. The bottle and stopper does a great job of removing excess product, even ay the tapered end. The tube is sleek and black.

The formula: The formula is quite wet, and decently dark black. After several weeks to a month the formula is still wet and hasn't dried up in the least. The formula holds a lash curler curl well, and even helps along my natural curl. I am able to build two coats for a dramatic look, or stick to one for a daytime look.

The look/wear: This mascara gives me a defined, flared lash look. This formula wears all day for me without smudging or flaking. It is not waterproof, but in the heat and humidity of summer it is wearing well. The only problem I have is that because the formula is wet, if I am in a rush or blink during application, I can have mascara transfer to my lids. This isn't a huge issue, and a q-tip quickly solves this.

The bottom line: I am very happy with this mascara. It does everything I want it to. For $18, it is more than I would like to spend (I prefer DS mascara), but I do plan to repurchase.

on 6/29/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this Mascara. My love is the small fine brush I have full control of seeing the brush hitting and coating my eyelashes. By the end of the day it smudges and runs off. I got this as a sample from my bfs mom so no money lost on that

I need a mascara that will truly stay put. I've been searching for a long time. I work in the medical field, and am super busy all day long, plus I do Vinyasa and hot yoga, and to top it off, I'm now paraben free.

I have been, and continue to be, on the lookout for a mascara I can use everyday. Clinque was the closest I have come, but they use three parabens in their formula. When I needed to purchase new mascara, I found this at Ulta. Bonus, I had some points to redeem, so even though I couldn't use a coupon, I did get it for $9 off. It was SO worth trying at that price.

It has a dry formula, easy to apply. The brush is phenomenal. It doesn't lengthen much, but it does provide volume. It dries quickly, and this doesn't clump at all when applying. It comes off a lot easier for me with grapeseed or almond oil, as warm water doesn't work like its supposed to. The Clinque flaked on me a lot, and this one leaves me with racoon eyes. For now, I am using Clinque on the bottom, and this on top, so I have smudge free and racoon free eyes, but I can't do this forever due to the parabens, grr. I will repurchase if I can't find anything better, simply because it is paraben free, but we'll see what the future holds.

on 5/25/2013 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Flakes too much, nothing special. I would rather spend $$ on more expensive mascara and be happy, or spend $$ on drugstore brand and save. I found this mascara to be overpriced for what it does. There is nothing special about it, the formula leaves something to be desired, and it doesn't create wow eyes and I know of cheaper options that give the same look as this does. I would consider this mascara a step above natural-looking mascara. For the price, I'd rather pay the extra $6 and get Laura Mercier or DiorShow and be happy.

I got a sample of this and love it! It's kind of like a my lashes but better mascara. Super natural but can be built up. I use this as a base mascara for my maybelline the rocket and they work amazing together

on 4/28/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I found this mascara to be a pretty okay one. It does the job that it's supposed to do. It curls and adds a bit of lengthening to my lashes everytime I've ever used it. And, most of all, it doesn't irritate my eyes one bit.

However, there are better mascaras that I have tried before. Which is why, I do not consider this particular mascara worthy of re-purchasing.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products