July 30, 2014 | 1892 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by balletrc10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this Mascara. My love is the small fine brush I have full control of seeing the brush hitting and coating my eyelashes. By the end of the day it smudges and runs off. I got this as a sample from my bfs mom so no money lost on that

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I need a mascara that will truly stay put. I've been searching for a long time. I work in the medical field, and am super busy all day long, plus I do Vinyasa and hot yoga, and to top it off, I'm now paraben free.

I have been, and continue to be, on the lookout for a mascara I can use everyday. Clinque was the closest I have come, but they use three parabens in their formula. When I needed to purchase new mascara, I found this at Ulta. Bonus, I had some points to redeem, so even though I couldn't use a coupon, I did get it for $9 off. It was SO worth trying at that price.

It has a dry formula, easy to apply. The brush is phenomenal. It doesn't lengthen much, but it does provide volume. It dries quickly, and this doesn't clump at all when applying. It comes off a lot easier for me with grapeseed or almond oil, as warm water doesn't work like its supposed to. The Clinque flaked on me a lot, and this one leaves me with racoon eyes. For now, I am using Clinque on the bottom, and this on top, so I have smudge free and racoon free eyes, but I can't do this forever due to the parabens, grr. I will repurchase if I can't find anything better, simply because it is paraben free, but we'll see what the future holds.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Flakes too much, nothing special. I would rather spend $$ on more expensive mascara and be happy, or spend $$ on drugstore brand and save. I found this mascara to be overpriced for what it does. There is nothing special about it, the formula leaves something to be desired, and it doesn't create wow eyes and I know of cheaper options that give the same look as this does. I would consider this mascara a step above natural-looking mascara. For the price, I'd rather pay the extra $6 and get Laura Mercier or DiorShow and be happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Emmalynch1798

I got a sample of this and love it! It's kind of like a my lashes but better mascara. Super natural but can be built up. I use this as a base mascara for my maybelline the rocket and they work amazing together

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I found this mascara to be a pretty okay one. It does the job that it's supposed to do. It curls and adds a bit of lengthening to my lashes everytime I've ever used it. And, most of all, it doesn't irritate my eyes one bit.

However, there are better mascaras that I have tried before. Which is why, I do not consider this particular mascara worthy of re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by comet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is really nice. Nice definition, nice curl holding power. It can tend to flake a little after a 12 hour day, but I cannot complain about that. It does not bother my eyes at all! It may clump a bit, because it is so thick, but going over with a lash comb fixes that right up.

Great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried the Volumising version of this mascara and really loved it. I had read good things about this one so I decided to try it, plus I really like this whole cosmetics line. Normally I really like the fine tooth combs as opposed to the big plushy ones so I figured this would be great, but for some reason this just doesn't "wow" me! I will start off by saying I have light and fine eyelashes, about medium thickness (pretty normal). I really like the feel of the formula, it's light, feels good on my lashes and I have zero irritation all day. No flaking, however I did notice some fade-out by the end of the day, it doesn't seem to maintain the same impact as when it's first applied. Now for the application. The brush is a great design, but either my lashes are too fine or the comb doesn't have enough teeth because I don't seem to be getting the kind of definition I am after. I do have clumping with this, and I find it a little hard to layer on. It holds a curl sort of okay, its not a super thick formula so it doesnt weigh down. I seem to get this on my eyelids for some reason, which is a first time for me. I did not notice any lengthening, which is too bad since my eyelashes are very light (almost see through) and need all the help they can get on the ends!! I think if you have thicker longer lashes, this is perfect, I can imagine how this would apply and it would be great. I really wanted to love this stuff! If you have thin, blonde, and/or fine lashes I would recommend the Volumising formula!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by BimboBarbie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been buying this product for 2 years now and tried other mascaras. I have complex allergies, cannot tolerate many products, and wear contact lenses. This is one of the only mascaras I've tried that doesn't irritate my eyes and I've actually noticed my lashes have been longer since using this product. I go back and forth between the volumizing and regular formula and currently have one of each in my cosmetic bag. I use the volumizing on my top lashes and the lengthening on the bottom since it seems to have less clumps. Unfortunately it's not waterproof so it does run, but it's also very easy to remove with my everyday facewash so I continue to re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

This would not be the first mascara I would grab for when shopping for a new tube. However I received this at Sephora for free as a sample size, and I am really impressed. I love the ward and how I can get all my lashes easily. By itself, the mascara looks great and gives me a natural look that I love. With my other mascaras layered, I love that it separates and coats each lash perfectly allowing me to layer on others to get more volume and that think lash look I love as well. I would definitely purchase a full size of this mascara, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

Bare Escentuals is not a brand that I typically reach for when shopping for makeup. I've never really been a huge fan of any of their products. However I've been searching for a new mascara, and got a mini of this in a kit with about 10 different mascaras in it, and surprisingly, I was impressed!
For me, this mascara does an amazing job of separating, lengthening, and gives just the right amount of volume as well. It doesn't clump on me, nor does it flake through out the day. I also find it extremely easy to work with when applying. The formula doesn't seem too dry, or too wet, or too thick.
I'm very surprised and impressed with this mascara. I had to do a double take to make sure I was reading that it was definitely bare escentuals!