CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

3.3

on 6/24/2011 1:45:00 AM

Wow, I am shocked at such bad reviews of this product! I am constantly looking for an alternative to Lancome Bi-Facil. Even though technically I can "afford" it, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere, like an expensive foundation. At any rate, I thought this remover did just as good a job as Neutrogena. It does not irritate my eyes. Everyone's eyes are different however, so I think it is cheap enough to try to see if you like it.

on 4/25/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Overall Rating: 2 (1 = worst, 5 = best)
Price: 3 (1 = dirt cheap, 5 = expensive)
Pkg Quality: 4
Would I re-purchase?: Absolutely NOT!

HOLY OUCHHHH!!!!! This BURNS like no other! I cannot tell you how flakey and red my undereye and lid/lash area was after using this (for just one night!) I don't know WHAT it was but it HURT so bad! Unfortunately I didn't have funds enough for another one till I ran out of it, so I had to use it up *grumble*. It was awful! My eyes are still angry and aggravated from using it, I've had to lay off of makeup for awhile.

I remember the price being decent, but not drugstore cheap, especially not significantly cheaper than the Neutrogena one it is supposed to compare to (which it doesn't at all!) After all that, it doesn't even remove all your eye makeup!

The screw top lid can be annoying as it would unscrew easily and spill sometimes, but overall the packaging was ok. Could have been less bulky with more product. Definitely WON'T be repurchasing this, I am now using the Neutrogena oil free (blue one) that this one is supposed to compare to and am much happier.

I hope this helped, I'd highly reccomend spending a bit more and going for the neutrogena one. Going cheap for this just wasn't worth it for me.

on 10/24/2010 2:21:00 AM

This is a terrible product. This does not remove my makeup (and most days I only wear mascara and at most, nude eyeshadow to blend with my pale skin). I end up with smudges under my eyes and when I remove those, I still have makeup left the next morning.

The only reason I'm still using it is that I'm cheap and I'm afraid of buying another equally bad product. I will have to keep searching for my favourite, Vichy, in the US.

on 5/10/2010 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

They had this on sale and it's supposed to be similiar to the L'Oreal one as it says on the bottle. But, I didn't find this near as good! I've used the L'Oreal one years ago and found it to work just fine. When I finished off my Lancome BiFacil, I tried this one out. Well, this just seemed useless! I had to really rub just to get some of the extra shadow off and no matter what, it left some mascara/liner on. I tried this for a couple days and was ready to toss it out of frustration. It says it's gentle, but maybe TOO gentle as it just doesn't remove all of my eye makeup! I ended up returning it and just getting back to my trusted BiFacil.

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used. This is NOTHING like Neutrogena's. I dont even wear waterproof mascara, and it doesn't budge with this stuff. I have to literally rub the crap out of my eye to the point that it's red and irritated for this to work the slightest bit. This stuff is horrible, dont waste your money, and shell out the extra $2 for the Neutrogena.

on 11/22/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I just finished the Almay OIl-Free Eye Make-Up Remover and it worked but not as well as this one. This takes off everything, including my mascara in just a few swipes with the cotton ball. You have to shake it up to activate it. It does make m eye sight a little blurry after using it but it goes away quickly. Doesn't burn my eyes either.

on 11/7/2009 4:00:00 PM

I didn't notice any difference between this and the neutrogena brand other than the packaging. It removes every trace of eyemakeup I have on for the day just as well as the neutrogena eyemakeup remover, but this one is cheaper and it comes in a bigger bottle. I love this!

on 7/2/2009 2:15:00 PM

Being a regular user of Neutrogena's two-part eye makeup remover, when this was out of stock in my local CVS, I picked up the store brand instead. I thought this would be comparable in quality, also it was $2 cheaper and a larger bottle. This is not as good as the Neutrogena remover, this CVS knock-off feels a lot more watered down. I have to use twice as much product to take off my waterproof mascara, and I still end up with most of it left on my lashes. The packaging is almost identical, but that is where the similarity ends. I won't be buying this again, I will stick to what works! continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials

CVS Makeup Remover VS. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover by BeautynLifewSue