Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 2/19/2015 9:45:00 AM

So... I have been looking for a new powder. I currently use MAC Studio Fix in NW22.. I think my skin tone may be neutral rather than warm specifically.. but it works fine. I love this powder.. but still wanted to see if there was something better out there for me!

I wear powder during the normal working week, and the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light if i'm going out. Pretty much everything makes my oily skin spotty.. so I just wear heavy makeup on rare occassions and not for too long and I seem to be ok!

I went into Boots and ended up at the Bare Minerals counter. The girl decided I was medium Beige without colour matching me and surprised by her confidence I decided she must know her stuff. So off I trot with my new pot of Original powder foundation, looking forward to trying it the next day.

I put it on the next morning, buffing a small amount over my skin.. and ending up looking pretty much like a disco ball, every line and pore on my face highlighted with irridescent powder! I don't think it was even two hours before I was covered in grease and the powder had migrated across my face. It also oxidised badly and I resembled a sweaty Oompa Lumpa.

I went back to Boots that afternoon with every intention of getting a full refund, but the girl was very appologetic, suggested I try the matte version. She colour matched me this time and it turned out I was the lightest shade they did!

Next day I tried the powder.. no mishaps. This is now my second day.. I have a couple of spots on my forehead, but that could potentially be something to do with the previous powder, so I'm going to say so far so good! The coverage is light-medium and the texture is very smooth and light. My friend works for MAC and is unimpressed with my choice.. but for the moment I am standing by my decision!

on 2/18/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this foundation. For years I have sworn off Bare Escentuals because it made my dark skin look clammy. The matte foundation was the solution for this. I love the moderate coverage of this foundation and how light it feels on. I cannot feel it at all and it lasts all day long with the help of blotting tissues in the afternoon. I use the golden tan and it works very well for my DDD skin. My complexion is similar to Queen Latifah's and I was originally matched to golden dark. big mistake. I use the golden tan during most of the year, and add some of the golden dark when I start to darken in the summer months. A little goes a long way with this. I have been using this product for about 3 years now and will continue to in the future. I have very sensitive skin and this is the only foundation that does not irritate my face.

on 2/17/2015 10:37:00 PM

I really do like this powder foundation for everyday light use. It is a light coverage, so it just even the skin out; I have some hyper-pigmentation (light to medium dark spots on my cheeks) from the sun, and even when it doesn't erase it, it does tone it down quite a bit and for a more natural look I like it. The powder is super silky and it doesn't give me a chalky look, on the contrary it gives me a bit of a velvety look and feel to my skin.
I also really like it as a finishing powder over my foundation, right know the liquid foundation I am using is a bit light for my skin but with this powder foundation it makes it match perfectly and at the same time making it last. Never thought the combo would work but it does and it even give me more coverage.
I do recommend this foundation but I do caution that it contains an ingredient that in few cases it may cause you to break out or cause a rash, it happened to a friend, but it has worked great on my skin.
So, like I said, this is a great light-weight and light-coverage foundation for the everyday, it isn't as expensive as most high end ones, so it is a plus, and also they have a wide range of colors, so there is a good chance you can find the one that matches your skin just perfectly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried loving this and I just can't. I have a ton of acne scarring (currently on retin-a) and no matter how many times I try to build up the coverage it doesn't cover or conceal ANYTHING. Seems like all it does is even out my skin tone, but it leaves my scars out in the open.

on 2/8/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Used this several times and broke out bad with huge bumps.

on 2/3/2015 9:01:00 PM

For the longest time I was using Revlon's Color Stay Liquid Foundation and I was in love- really, I was. But after going through a fairly bad breakout (for me this means some redness and a couple of small pimples on my t-zone) I began becoming a little less impressed with the foundation I had considered my HG. Fast forward though three days of research later and I stumbled across a 20% off purchase coupon from my local Ulta and off to the store I zoomed. The sales rep at Ulta was incredibly helpful and after questioning me about my skin tone agreed with my idea that I should try the Matte version of the BE foundation. Within minutes we were attempting to match a shade to my skin and she was explaining the whole swirl, tap, buff deal that BE is so associated with. The moment she touched the brush to my cheek I was in LOVE and I have been since purchasing it.This foundation is totally weightless, no matter how many layers you do. I have pretty oily skin and use this in the morning after I swipe on a non-pore blocking moisturizer in the areas of my face that need it (namely my chin) and do a light coating of a oil-minimizing toner. I personally do two even layers over my concealer and then go back over with my EcoTools brush and lightly pat more of the product into the areas where I need it. I have certainly found that I need very little to cover my entire face both times and have a feeling that this one purchase will last me a VERY long time. I have found that this foundation can slide a little bit in my t-zone area throughout the day, but if you gently pat it down every couple of hours with a oil blotter, it will stay picture perfect. I personally find that it has a light-medium coverage depending on how you use it and I cannot use it without a concealer, but that doesn't bother me a bit. I will definitely be looking more into BE products and will certainly buy this when it runs out.

on 1/28/2015 9:41:00 AM

I have used bare minerals off an on for years so I was excited when they came out with a matte formula, however, it doesn't do so well for me. I'm 32 y/o, pale, with hyper pigmentation, acne marks, and a few active pimples from time to time, this didn't cover at all! And the more you use to get "build-able" coverage, the worse it looks. =-( Although it didn't break me out nearly as bad as the original I can't justify buying it anymore due to the pore coverage, settling into every pore on my face, and causing major dry out. And I gave it a fair try buying it three times. Even with a primer it didn't work, it actually looked worse and dried me out. The original has much better coverage but is still a flop for me as well due to causing break outs, settling horribly into fine lines and pores, and drying me out as well. Sadly bare minerals powder foundations just aren't for my aging/acne prone skin anymore. Maybe I'll give their new gel foundation a try though.

on 1/27/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff made me break out like crazy! I have had no issues with the original.I purchased because I love the original but want more coverage when I go with a bold lip. Bright lips and redness can look kind of not put together/ in ill-taste. I'd love a full coverage option but the matte and liquid foundations broke me out badly.

on 1/2/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is my absolute most favorite make-up product EVER! I've used this mineral foundation for many, many years now and I will probably use this product for the rest of my life. It's so lightweight, long wearing and buildable coverage. I love that there is such a wide range of shades and also accounts for your undertones so you can easily find one that will match your skin. I should be a Medium Biege, but because it does oxidize, I have to go a shade lighter, otherwise I look like I just came back from a nice vacation in the sun. I use this almost every day and it lasts me all year! I'm surprised I don't have to buy this more often.

I have acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out not does it dry out my skin or around my acne. I wouldn't say this gives a "flawless coverage" as it states, but it does reduce the redness. When I didn't have acne and just some acne scarring, it gave me even skin-tone and a natural-no-make-up look. But right now, I am battling acne, so if I wanted full coverage I need to use a concealer over my blemishes and then apply the bareMinerals. For application, I use either the bareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush or the flat e.l.f Studio powder brush, and then I build the product over my acne with a BeautyBlender. I highly recommend any one who likes the no-make look and easy application.

I have been using this matte foundation for years and am always very happy. The formula is definitely not as good as when they first came out, but I feel overall this is a great staple to have in your makeup kit. This powder foundation works better as a setting powder or light coverage if you are looking for something to polish yourself up quick and easy. I would not recommend for heavy coverage, and the matte formula is definitely better suited to oily/combo skin. For the amount vs. price, I feel like it's worth it because I mostly use it to set my liquid foundation, which it does very nicely, so I use it sparingly. I also have never had a problem with the formula breaking me out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products