Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this foundation better than the original formula, but don't love it. It does not have the weird plastic looking "sheen" that the original one has, but easily gets cakey looking in a matte.

However, with that being said...you have to be careful not to apply to much of this powder in one spot because it WILL cake. But, if you swirl, then TAP the brush off well, and don't get in a hurry, it looks pretty good on the skin. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones. I wear golden fair and it matches perfectly. Wears off quickly. I do have to blot my oily t-zone after about 2-3 hours.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Feels sticky on your face. Also I swear right through it and the makeup gets blotchy.

Very happy with my purchase! Getting coloured matched at a Sephora was really helpful as well. No orange face! I have VERY oily skin and this product sticks to my face very well when used with a primer. I only needed to blot at my face around noon and did not need to reapply! Happy with the packaging but it wouldn't be good for an on the go foundation as it isn't in a compact.

Just purchased my third one of these. The original formula did not work for my sensitive combination skin. The MATTE formulation is perfect for me. I order this in FAIR and it is a good match for my very fair, neutral skintone.

This formulation does not look shiney or cakey on me. I can even use the tiniest bit under my eyes and it does not settle into fine lines (although I do also use a good undereye moisturizer first)

Sometimes I use this alone, and sometimes as a finishing powder. I love the fact it has an SPF 15

I finally decided to spend the money on this product. It is exspensive but for what it does for my skin, it is well worth it. My skin is acne prone and liquid fondations made me break out. I have tried other powder foundations and found a couple that worked ok but did not apply flawlessly. This powder foundation works great. Is light on my face and lasts all day.

Don't waste your money, horrible product! The coverage sucks & it's cakey. Returning this ASAP!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have really oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I like how this really does have a matte finish and control oil well throughout the day (shine slightly peeps through around noon when I put this on ~9AM, but still looks natural). I have a lot to cover, so I actually use this more as a setting powder rather than just foundation. I used a light/medium coverage bb cream from Smashbox (which, by the way, wasn't really a great bb cream) and buffed the powder in for more coverage. Held up pretty well considering I didn't like the bb cream too much.
One thing that I didn't like is how I have to pour the product into the lid to use, especially when I'm in a rush. Also, there's gonna be product/oil build-up on the inside of the lid after many uses, so be sure to wipe it down to keep it clean. I've stopped using it because of the price (broke student..), but might give it another go sometime soon.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I feel like the matte version has less coverage than the original. I'm not a giant fan of the original formula neither, but I demand pigmentation in a foundation to cover my imperfections. I guess it would help to use a concealer, but who has time for that while in a rush?

Other issues I have with this foundation is it's no better than a drugstore option (Physicians Formula for example). It didn't keep me matte any longer despite the name, and the color match still sucked. I don't know anyone who naturally has a skintone the color orange.

I will not repurchase.

Eh.

I have used both the matte and original Bare Minerals loose foundation, in light (during winter/spring) and golden medium (summer/fall). As compared to the original, the matte foundation isn't really that much more useful in preventing shine. I mean, it helps, and you can definitely see the mattifying effects upon initial application, but it doesn't really last or hold up well as the day wears on and I find myself blotting my face almost as much as I would with the original foundation.

Basically, I feel like the matte version isn't really that much different from the original because it only stays matte for a fairly brief period of time. It helps, but not as much as it should. It's still a good foundation, it just doesn't really make my face as matte as I would have expected. The coverage is decent, especially for a loose powder, and doesn't make my face oilier, like a liquid foundation often does on my skin.

One complaint about the Bare Minerals foundation packaging, though, and this goes for both the matte and the original: the packaging isn't that great. I always find that the loose powder gets trapped in between the two clear plastic parts and I hate how wasteful that is. I know it doesn't trap THAT much, but it's not very convenient and looks kind of gross, in my opinion.

I like this foundation compared to the original because there's no bismuth oxychloride in this one which makes my skin itchy. The coverage is medium at best, but it's very natural looking. I also like that it has SPF. I have a video talking more about this and compare it to It Cosmetics' Celebration Foundation Illumination if you want to check it out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products