December 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sisaceva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF. Seriously amazing. I have very pigmented, red skin and it is also very oily so by the end of the day, all my makeup would wear off. However, this stuff is very pigmented and it lasts a really long time. It never broke me out and it looks very natural. It can be a little pricey but it is definitely worth it 100% The packaging could be better as sometimes too much comes out and it gets messy, but other than that it is a great foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder now. It doesn't work as a foundation alone because it transfers off your face..and it comes off so easily. Now I just use it as a setting powder. I read some reviews about breakouts--now I'm trying to remember if its broken me out. I ll have to try and use some as foundation for a few days to see if it does. I sure hope not bcuz my face is actually a bit clear. Other then that.. I don't know what the hype is? I would rather just buy meow minerals instead...which I probably will do next time...B.E. needs to make their foundation non-transfer..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I really really wanted to like this. I bought this because minerals are better for the face. The SA told me that this is quite full coverage, which had me sold. However this cakes up on me no matter how lightly I apply it BUT if I apply it too lightly it doesn't show up at all and doesn't cover a thing. No matter what I do I cannot get this foundation to work for me which sucks because I really wanted to like it. It leaves the face matte, that's a good thing however it doesn't give me the adequate coverage I seek and it makes my nose, chin and forehead look super cakey and overall my face looks flat and dull. I wouldn't repurchase this. I am so disappointed :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by cfoster95

I was so excited about trying BM because of all the good things I have heard about it however, I am REALLY disappointed with this product. I have acne-prone sensitive skin and because of the ingredients in BM I thought it might have been perfect for me!

I went to boots and told them I have always had acne-prone skin and the woman told me to try the Matte Foundation due to a particular acne-fighting ingredient it has (i forgot what this was called.) She did my makeup for me and I thought the coverage was good, I like the finish it gives and overall it was pretty good! I let it sit for the day and it still was looking OKAY by the end of the day so I thought if it would help my acne and give me good coverage, it's worth the buy!

I bought it and watched the DVD at home of how to apply it and was SUPER excited.. Buffing the product in takes a while as I like near full coverage but it works in the end! I just have to put atleast 15 minutes aside to put on JUST my face makeup which means I can't exactly rush in the morning! But the coverage is defo fine for me.

After about a week of trying it I started to break out.. Bad. At first, I thought "oh maybe my skin is just getting used to the product" 3 months later and my break outs are still as bad. :( I take off the product properly with the products I have always used and have had no problems before until I used BM. I also wash my brushed every 4 days so it can't be the dirt from the brushes, it must be the product :(!

Another thing, is that after about a month after using BM, I found that when I started to apply it my skin dried out SO quickly.. I'm not too sure why as my skin never did this at first. Before, I always moisturise etc but it seems that it just DRIES my face out now..

I'm still on the search for a good foundation, but it's a shame that BM wasn't the one for me from all the good reviews I have read. For £50 for the starter kit, this was NOT WORTH THE PRICE! For coverage and for my breaking out - I could have easily gotten the same quality from a cheaper brand.

I'm not sure what it was about BM but I have a feeling it's either the ingredients or the brushes! It's quite a shame that BM wasn't the foundation for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Aprilsfool413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So I wanted to give this foundation a try because I have oily skin and I also just wanted a light powder to wear in the summer (that was quick and easy) to even out my skin tone a little... For about three weeks this foundation was great! It was quick and easy and gave the perfect amount of coverage for MY skin (which is why I gave it some credit). But then the worst happened... My job requires me to be outside every other day for hours... And with the heat, sun, sweat and this makeup together my skin BROKE OUT in skin colored bumps (on my forehead) and tiny cyst like white heads around my mouth. The breakout was like a rash of some kind. I tried popping the white heads (with a extracting tool) , but they'd come back. The skin colored bumps wouldn't even pop. Coconut oil and discontinuation of using the foundation has improved my skin. But just be careful with this foundation. It can cause skin irritation. I won't be wearing it ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by xXsharlyXx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using this product over a year ago,not so sure why I stopped using it. Think it's probably because I wanted to try different foundations! Well I've tried so many now it's unreal, Estée Lauder,clinique, most drug store ones,Lily lolo, and many others. This one is definitely the best for me. After a year of not using this I forgot how good it actually is. It lasts me for around 6months and I use it everyday it doesn't brake me out or cause skin problems and after a while of using it,it does help your skin rather than block pores. I use the matte one because of my very oily skin I do need to plot during the day but it stays put for a good 8 hours of working in a warm environment. You really need to use the bare minerals brushes to apply this for the best results only using a small amount of product buffing it into the skin. I think mineral powders are far far better than any liquid foundations I have tried especially if you have oily acne prone skin like myself. The coverage of this foundation is amazing I do use the bare minerals multi tasking concealer with the bare minerals concealer brush before applying the foundation because my skin is far from perfect it covers my acne scars well and blends effortlessly into the skin. Hope you find this review helpful :) xx

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

I'm on the fence about this foundation because I wear it every day. There's a good amount in the package. And it is a nicer matte than the Ready or Original which are more luminous. However, this foundation, like another reviewer said is more like a heavy powder. It doesn't conceal or reduce any kid of redness. I honestly use it out of habit. And it needs a primer and setting powder period otherwise you'll find yourself with your makeup sliding right off your face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I found this to look better on the skin than the original but I still did not care for it.
My skin gets way too shiny way too quickly with their foundations. I do not think they look natural on the skin and I do not like how they blend out. I have found better ones for half or even less than the price of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I think a lot of people are buying this with out really knowing what to expect. Yes, this claims to be a foundation. I'm not sure if that's what I would label it as. I think it is more of a full coverage powder instead of a foundation. This isn't going to cover imperfections perfectly. It will even out the skin tone, but for blemishes/acne scars you will definitely need a concealer to go with this. How I use this product is by first applying concealer to my trouble areas (blemishes, acne scars, under eye, and around my nose) then I go in and use this to set everything and slightly even out my skin tone. Commercials make this sound like a miracle product that will blow every other product out of the water. I do feel that this is an amazing product, but keep in mind you are going to need another product to go with this. (BB creams work generated under this on a good skin day!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by LucyLamb

I HATED this product…. it did not hide my imperfections but made them more noticeable. Instead of concealing a dry patch like my Estee Lauder DoubleWear does, it amplifies it. instead of making my pores disappear, it magnified them! I looked like I had pock marks all over my nose. No matter how much buffing I did, there was no way to blend it in more. Plus, I had to keep adding powder to my nose because it did not stop the oil well at all.