January 28, 2015 | 1895 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this is a Try Me Kit, all from Bare Escentuals. My first ever experience with this brand, back in the spring, I believe. I have oily skin, especially in summer. I'm getting older. I accept this. But when I looked in my car mirror upon leaving my house after applying this, I found an old lady staring back at me. What.the.heck? As an all over foundation, this did not work for me. It made every fine line I have look like the Grand Canyon and made the rest of my face look like a Stephen King movie special effect. Not cool. Being the stubborn type, I insisted on finding a way to use this. I put a teeny tiny bit on my daughter for a school dance. She's 12 with perfect skin. When I was done, she looked like a 33 year old hooker. I apologize to any 33 year old hookers reading this but it's the truth. But that still didn't stop me from trying to find a use for it. I finally found that since I moisturize and prime my undereye area very well, I could use this very sparingly as an undereye setting powder. I mean very sparingly, like just fake the jar out by sending your makeup brush a centimeter over it. I'd then spray with a makeup setting spray like my life depended on it. Which I do every single day, anyway. The only thing that changes is the brand of the spray I use, based on the occasion. Because I like pain and apparently hate myself, I'm working on using up the regular formula in exactly the same manner, which I got in the same kit, right now.

Bottom line, ask for a sample at the counter to make sure you don't spend way too much money to end up looking like something Stephen King would write about. M'kay?

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Demorte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know, been using for years, but I feel like it's a lot more sheer and sparkly then it use to me. Might just be me? Never the less, I always go back to this. Been using for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my god, I LOVE this product. I have very fair (and very oily) skin and this is a dream come true for me. When topped off with mineral veil, at the end of the day I am not looking like an oil-slick, only just "dewy" (which is something I can live with). I wish it was cheaper, but it does last about a month for me, and I keep repurchasing because it is a Holy Grail item for me. I'm so thankful this foundation actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sisaceva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF. Seriously amazing. I have very pigmented, red skin and it is also very oily so by the end of the day, all my makeup would wear off. However, this stuff is very pigmented and it lasts a really long time. It never broke me out and it looks very natural. It can be a little pricey but it is definitely worth it 100% The packaging could be better as sometimes too much comes out and it gets messy, but other than that it is a great foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder now. It doesn't work as a foundation alone because it transfers off your face..and it comes off so easily. Now I just use it as a setting powder. I read some reviews about breakouts--now I'm trying to remember if its broken me out. I ll have to try and use some as foundation for a few days to see if it does. I sure hope not bcuz my face is actually a bit clear. Other then that.. I don't know what the hype is? I would rather just buy meow minerals instead...which I probably will do next time...B.E. needs to make their foundation non-transfer..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I really really wanted to like this. I bought this because minerals are better for the face. The SA told me that this is quite full coverage, which had me sold. However this cakes up on me no matter how lightly I apply it BUT if I apply it too lightly it doesn't show up at all and doesn't cover a thing. No matter what I do I cannot get this foundation to work for me which sucks because I really wanted to like it. It leaves the face matte, that's a good thing however it doesn't give me the adequate coverage I seek and it makes my nose, chin and forehead look super cakey and overall my face looks flat and dull. I wouldn't repurchase this. I am so disappointed :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by cfoster95

I was so excited about trying BM because of all the good things I have heard about it however, I am REALLY disappointed with this product. I have acne-prone sensitive skin and because of the ingredients in BM I thought it might have been perfect for me!

I went to boots and told them I have always had acne-prone skin and the woman told me to try the Matte Foundation due to a particular acne-fighting ingredient it has (i forgot what this was called.) She did my makeup for me and I thought the coverage was good, I like the finish it gives and overall it was pretty good! I let it sit for the day and it still was looking OKAY by the end of the day so I thought if it would help my acne and give me good coverage, it's worth the buy!

I bought it and watched the DVD at home of how to apply it and was SUPER excited.. Buffing the product in takes a while as I like near full coverage but it works in the end! I just have to put atleast 15 minutes aside to put on JUST my face makeup which means I can't exactly rush in the morning! But the coverage is defo fine for me.

After about a week of trying it I started to break out.. Bad. At first, I thought "oh maybe my skin is just getting used to the product" 3 months later and my break outs are still as bad. :( I take off the product properly with the products I have always used and have had no problems before until I used BM. I also wash my brushed every 4 days so it can't be the dirt from the brushes, it must be the product :(!

Another thing, is that after about a month after using BM, I found that when I started to apply it my skin dried out SO quickly.. I'm not too sure why as my skin never did this at first. Before, I always moisturise etc but it seems that it just DRIES my face out now..

I'm still on the search for a good foundation, but it's a shame that BM wasn't the one for me from all the good reviews I have read. For 50 for the starter kit, this was NOT WORTH THE PRICE! For coverage and for my breaking out - I could have easily gotten the same quality from a cheaper brand.

I'm not sure what it was about BM but I have a feeling it's either the ingredients or the brushes! It's quite a shame that BM wasn't the foundation for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Aprilsfool413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So I wanted to give this foundation a try because I have oily skin and I also just wanted a light powder to wear in the summer (that was quick and easy) to even out my skin tone a little... For about three weeks this foundation was great! It was quick and easy and gave the perfect amount of coverage for MY skin (which is why I gave it some credit). But then the worst happened... My job requires me to be outside every other day for hours... And with the heat, sun, sweat and this makeup together my skin BROKE OUT in skin colored bumps (on my forehead) and tiny cyst like white heads around my mouth. The breakout was like a rash of some kind. I tried popping the white heads (with a extracting tool) , but they'd come back. The skin colored bumps wouldn't even pop. Coconut oil and discontinuation of using the foundation has improved my skin. But just be careful with this foundation. It can cause skin irritation. I won't be wearing it ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by xXsharlyXx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is terrible for oily skin! An hour after applying this & I'm an oily mess 😣 not a good look at all! Makes my oily skin worse. Doesn't make a difference if I use the mineral veil I'm still very shiny after a few hours for the price tag this product should be much better! Only thing good about this foundation is 1: it's minerals 2: good coverage (for an hour until it slides down your face of course) 3: the packaging it lasts for months. That is all. Maybe normal skinned girlies would benefit from this, definitely wouldn't recommend this for oily skin! It sucks!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

I'm on the fence about this foundation because I wear it every day. There's a good amount in the package. And it is a nicer matte than the Ready or Original which are more luminous. However, this foundation, like another reviewer said is more like a heavy powder. It doesn't conceal or reduce any kid of redness. I honestly use it out of habit. And it needs a primer and setting powder period otherwise you'll find yourself with your makeup sliding right off your face.