OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/11/2014 10:19:00 AM

Luv this! Had gel overlays for approximately 6 years, and my nails were a mess. I used this as directed and within a month had short nails, and within 2 months experienced some short growth! would definitely recommend. I know several reviews have said you have to keep using it to see results, and I can't say otherwise, I would definitely recommend continued use. I have purchased more expensive products and not seen near the results I have with Nail Envy.

on 9/6/2014 7:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for a while now and I don't notice any improvement in the condition of my nails and it also doesn't do much to strengthen them while I'm wearing it so I wouldn't rebuy. That being said, I didn't know that there was a Nail Envy for thin nails and mine are really thin and soft so maybe I should try that one but even as a regular nail strengthener this just was so disappointing that I doubt I'll spend the same money on the other version. In my experience, Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength is way better for making my nails really strong and hardening them in case that's what you're looking for. Also, as a base coat, this is AWFUL on me. I've never had chipping in a matter of hours but yesterday evening I put on 2 thin coats of this and then two coats of OPI French Quarter for Your Thoughts and less than 18 hours later I've got chipped nails. I've worn this nail polish with other base coats and that never happened so, for me personally, this is neither a good base coat nor a good strengthener.

This doesn't do anything as a base coat for keeping polish on- when I used it, I have never had a manicure last more than three days. Also, it contains formaldehyde, so continued used use is not recommended- one of the side effects of continued use is nails separating from the nail bed- yikes!

Not for me. I also noticed the yellowing that other reviewers mentioned. Going to keep looking. So far I'm leaning towards DIY cuticle oil overdose: olive, jojoba, and coconut carrier oils with a few drops of tea tree + sweet orange oil. I rub it into the nail bed and under the free edge until the nail absorbs it three times a day. So far I really like Orly Nailtrition as a stand alone treatment- but it required going without polish for a two week treatment period.

on 7/26/2014 5:41:00 AM

I used it for almost a year. It did nothing for me

on 7/1/2014 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Nail envy is a great product! If used as directed, nails grow like crazy! When I grow out my nails I use this and people mistake my real nails for gel tips all the time. Would definitely buy again, although I must say it is very overpriced. It is great on the nails alone or as a base coat

on 6/25/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Nail Envy, Nail Saver!!! This product has worked a miracle on my nails! Six weeks ago I began going to aqua-aerobics 3X a week and I paid a price. My nails were breaking, splitting, a total disaster. Hooray for Nail Envy! This product, used almost daily, seemingly protects my nails from the chlorinated water. Amazing stuff! My nails are not splitting, not breaking, and I am a happy camper.

on 6/23/2014 3:07:00 AM

This is an absolute dream to use and the results are great. My natural nails, for the first time in my life, actually grew past the ends of my fingers. They were still peeling and breaking but nowhere near as much as before, and they actually felt hard when I applied slight pressure to them. As a base coat, I was so impressed because it lessened the chipping and provided a smooth, gelish surface to work with. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a nail hardener or base coat. The only downside is the price, here in Australia it is $20 minimum, however I lucked out at Trade Secret and got this with the Avoplex cuticle oil for $19.95. I'm ordering Duri Rejuvacote to see if it works better.

on 5/17/2014 9:27:00 AM

I have been a nail biter for years. My nails split , peeled and were always breaking. I did some research and this was the best. I have been using for about a month now and have amazing long nails with no peels or breaks! I use two coats as a base coat and polish over.

on 5/4/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Recently I've become fascinated with long nails and love how feminine they make my Sasquatch hands look So I use this as a base coat before I paint my nails. This stuff dries in under a minute so it's perfect if I want to quickly paint my nails before bed. (I don't have enough time in the day for stuff like this). It leaves a noticeable sheen to it and literally after applying it, my nail beds feel stiffer. This isn't uncomfortable to me. but I can see why many of the reviews say that your nails go back to normal after you remove it or stop using it regularly. That doesn't bother me since I've used it at least 15 times and have barely put a dent in the bottle. Once reviewer said they had the bottle for 2 years and it makes sense now. The brush will paint on a thin layer. This isn't something you want to put gobs of just because it would waste it. 2 thin coats is how much I use every time.

As for the directions saying to use it many times a week, I didn't bother doing that or experimenting since using it once or twice a week does just fine for me.

My nails seemed to split easily before but that has definitely reduced since using nail envy.

After using this regularly, I've managed to grow my nails as long as artificial nails within 2 weeks

I had a $5 giftcard for amazon and used it on an already cheaper-than-retail price so that's why I initially purchased it. Now that I know how it works, I would totally buy it at retail price (Only if I HAVE to)

so YES YES YES I would recommend this

on 4/26/2014 4:47:00 AM

I bouht this product in duty free on my way to sell our holiday home in France. I used as per instructions at a time when I was moving furniture, cleaning, using chemicals and generally giving my hands a hard time. ( I wear gloves mostly when cleaning). I have always had weak, rubbish nails but not anymore. I have been using this now for 7 weeks and my nails are great. I continue to follow the instructions applying every other day and then when I remove all coats I give my nails a rest for about 2 days. When wearing varnish, I use nail envy as a base and contine to apply over nail varnish every other day. My varnish lasts longer than a week unchipped. I have a drawer full of other nail strengthening products which will now be consigned to the bin. I love this product.

Popular Treatments