Mane 'n Tail Detangler

4.5

Water Dimethicone Meadowsweet Flower Extract PEG-7 Amodimethicone Clover Flower Extract Horsetail Leaf Extract Fragrance Chaparral Extract Methylchloroisothiazolinone Colts Foot Flower Extract Methylisothiazolinone Horse Chestnut Seed Extract Trideceth-6

I am biracial my parents are African American and Caucasian. My hair is curly and is very thick. I struggle trying to control it and sometimes the tangles are terrible! I bought this detangler after falling in love with the shampoo and conditioner and I am impressed. Its by far the best detangler I own and i will be repurchasing. This made my thick and curly hair very easy to manage and left it soft and moisturized. I wasnt sure at first and did not use it much but after using other detanglers and going back to this one I am really pleased with the results.

The BEST detangler you can buy! I have bought this product over and ver again and it has never failed me!

on 3/11/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have very rough African American hair and this makes blow drying it straight alot easier. I spray it all over after conditioning and then use a bit of heat protectant and the results are perfect. I also use it to set my hair in rollers when it's natural. I spray it all over, section it, add satin rollers, spray something for shine, put a scarf on, and go to sleep. In the morning my hair is curly and soft. This stuff is also inexpensive and the spray nozzle isn't all wonky like some other inexpensive products. Try it!

on 2/19/2013 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I've used a full bottle of this and just bought a new one. It lasted me personally about a bit over a month with daily use. I have severely damaged bleach blond hair and this helps keep my hair soft and tangle free. I spray it on when i wake up and style my hair on days i don't wash my hair, and on days i wash my hair. It doesn't weigh down my hair at all and tames frizziness, definitely recommend!

on 8/11/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Worked as well as a little spritz of water and some coconut oil would, there was nothing special about it.

This is one of those few products that I will repurchase forever! I'm currently on my 4th or 5th bottle of this. I stopped using it for a while and had switched to the Tresemme Heat Tamer spray, but I found that it didn't do much at all for my hair, in fact I think it was weighing it down and making my hair greasy. I recently picked up the Mane n Tail Detangler again in Sally's and will never stop using it again! It is extremely lightweight, detangles amazingly, and makes my hair so soft and shiny without weighing it down! It is so inexpensive so I would definitely recommend giving it a try. Absolutely LOVE!!

on 11/13/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Now i have drifted away from this like 2 years ago but was reminded with it following my truely bad and inspiring experience with L'oreal kids tamer (detangling spray) .. the experience was so bad and i bought 3 bottles of which i have no clue what to do with now!! this experience made me recall how good this spray was in comparison. it used to detangle my daugghter's curly hair to the extent that i didn't sense much of a problem so now i realized there is a sizable problem with her curly hair after i finished 1/3 of loreal's bottle with a very slight improvement i will go back to mane n tale which detangleled her hair like magic with just few sprays.
However, i have to say they need to work on the bottle design , as well as improve the scent if they did so , man they would definately see an improvement in their sales! dn't they have a marketing team or what?!!

on 10/22/2011 9:53:00 AM

Fabulous product and does exactly what it claims! Best detangler I have ever used. I have very curly long hair that is colour treated. This has been brilliant! Definite HG product!!

on 8/15/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Love this! My daughter has very wiry curly hair that is very difficult and painful to detangle. Even using the tangle teezer was a small struggle. With the aid of this product and the tangle teezer together we have eliminated most of the tears! Mane n Tail detangler also adds a little moisture to the hair. I'm very satisfied with this product.

on 5/20/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got it into my head to go natural after being adamant about having relaxed hair for most of my life. I'm determined to give my natural hair a chance and appreciate it. This detangler and the Tangle Teezer have saved me from running back to the "creamy crack". My thick 4b hair can be frustrating and prone to matting because it will dry before I'm even half done detangling. Mane n Tail Detangler melts the knots away and makes my hair (relaxed and natural) crazy soft and manageable. Mane n Tail is a mainstay in most beauty supply stores and if you're transitioning I hope you'll give this a try.