Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish

3.4

Water, Alcohol Denat, PVP, Polyhydrostearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Poloxamer 407, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-Isopropyl Butamide, Gluconolactone, Fragrance.

on 7/4/2013 7:48:00 AM

(I have added a picture above btw)

I use this to clean surfaces in my room due it's alcohol content, at least it has 1 use...

I was looking for a setting spray to keep me matte and keep my makeup looking better for longer as I have a very oily T-zone but this product is just an alcohol spray in essence. I have tried it under makeup, over makeup and a combination of both.

The second ingredient in this spray is denatured alcohol which is a bad alcohol that causes irritation. The alcohol may evaporate oil but it does not continuously control it through out the day like a powder or silicone based mattifier would and causes irritation which can cause spots and increase oil production! Also it was so drying it cracked my dry skin, and even cracked my very oily T-zone skin. Considering its short, irritant causing and shiny film forming list of ingredients it is ridiculous to have to pay around 30 pounds on this.

In terms of making my makeup look nice- It caused my makeup to oxidize within 10 minutes of application, I went from my natural very pale skin to an orange hue a few shades darker, so I had to redo my makeup. I was looking for more than 10 minutes wear :L

The spray bottle itself is not great as it is prone to spraying droplets instead of a mist, so this will probably not fix your whole face evenly.

In retrospect I should have searched for the ingredient list to see how it aims to mattify and wish I'd just bought a better powder than the one I owned. I now use the Eshiko powder and it sets makeup and controls oil brilliantly :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I haven't made up my mind yet. Do I like it? Don't I? Well, the thing with this product is that it isn't that reliable.. You may find yourself so damn oily that you can't believe it in the most casual circumstances.. and then after a long hard day out partying, dancing and sweating you may be fresh as a daisy like you put on your make-up half an hour ago. It isn't as long wear as it claims, but if you are a tiny bit oily mostly in the summer, it will work wonders. If you are reeeeallyyyyy oily then my friend this thing won't save you. I've been using this for 5 months, I'm halfway in a 4oz bottle and I've been using it sparingly. It won't prevent your eyeshadows from creasing, your lipstick from bleeding or you mascara from smudging. It will make your base stick on well, your blush won't fade, and your concealer will stay in place. It's not that bad, but it isn't irreplaceable and vital for my make-up routine. I still would love to test this in the summer..It could amaze me, I hope.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, I don't think this spray is mean't for oily skin, even though it's called "No more shine". I have really bad oily skin, but this spray to me only gets rid of the cakeyness, and makes my makeup less powdery, but that's it! It DOESN'T control my oil! I followed many directions, and it still doesn't control my oil. I don't know maybe it's just because I have extreme oily skin, maybe this product works for people who have slightly oily skin. I think it's really expensive, but however it is a pretty scent, and it does refresh my makeup, but it looks like I won't be using it anymore! I rather would use the Ben Nye Matte Sealer! I tried that, and it does work to control my oil, but overall I give this product a rating of 2, just because it makes my makeup look natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a huge bottle of this after hearing rave reviews about the original formula on MUA and on youtube. I figured the "mattifying" version would be optimal for me as I have a very oily T-zone by the end of the day. This spray does not seem to dry my skin out, does not seem to moisturize it, does not break me out, but it also DOES NOT CONTROL OIL. This sets makeup and helps it stay put, but it does not do anything about my shiny T-zone. I was pretty disappointed that it didn't help with the oil, but it still gets three stars for setting my makeup well and keeping it in place all day.

on 12/19/2012 9:45:00 AM

I expected so much more from this product however it was a bit of a disappointment! I really wanted to test this product so I did not apply any primer underneath my Bourjois healthy mix foundation and I did not set the foundation with a powder either. Although my makeup (my foundation and blusher etc) did last for longer, I still had to blot my face exactly after 3 hours as I was shiny as hell! Next time I will try with a primer and a powder and see how that goes.

on 11/10/2012 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Meh. The first time I used it I thought "wow", but every time after that has just been "meh". I think the first time I just WANTED it to work so badly that I talked myself into it. It's OK, don't get me wrong - makes me not have to blot up oil for a couple hours instead of just one hour, but it's not HG by any means. And it's expensive.

on 11/5/2012 12:13:00 PM

I've been using this spray for quite a while now so I thought I'd share my thoughts on here.
First of all, this spray DOES make my makeup last longer BUT my makeup would still fade a little at the end of the day. So it does not make your makeup completely fade-proof like what the other reviewers have been saying but the difference is significant enough, I would say.
I only use this as a primer.It does make my makeup goes on less smoothly but I guess that is the compromise I am willing to make because I'd rather have my make up last longer.
So if you are looking for a spray that makes your makeup completely fade-proof, this is not.
But if you are looking for a spray that makes your make up last for a few extra hours, this is for you. The difference is significant enough for me, but it depends on one's expectation whether the difference that it makes is significant.

UPDATE:
I found this works SIGNIFICANTLY better if you spray it before you apply your primer and liquid foundation, after your apply your liquid foundation AND after your apply your setting powder.
My makeup STAYS ON ALL DAY with this method.
Spray it with EACH LAYER of makeup you apply and this will work like a charm.
I use this method in conjunction with hourglass mineral veil primer which is also an excellent primer that helps your makeup stays in place but the hourglass primer only helps with the base makeup (i.e. the layer between your face and your liquid foundation).
You ALSO need another product to help with the other 'layers' of makeup (i.e. the layer between your liquid foundation and powder and the layer between your powder and the external environment)
hope this make sense!

on 10/21/2012 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on the fence with this spray. I own both the original and this version of the setting sprays from Skindinavia. I don't use it to set my face, I use it as a primer more to be honest. I do a couple of sprays after I applied my KATE mineral gel primer and SANA pore putty then do my eye makeup while my base makeup sets first then do my face makeup.

This doesn't really make me SHINE-FREE, but it still works like the original spray. I expected more from this spray to be a little more mattifying. I don't need to blot as often with both sprays combined because I am a terrible oil slick without this. Lasting power is good too, but both sprays work about the same so I'm not sure if I actually need the no more shine spray if it doesn't keep me exactly shine-free.

I may repurchase this if this actually contributes to the less oil secretion but for now, will not repurchase.

on 9/22/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This spray has a new bottle now, but I'm pretty sure the formula is the same. My makeup use to go on kind of cakey and powdery looking but if I spray some of this before and after my makeup, it looks smooth, not cakey and not powdery. I have extremley oily skin and nothing would help control it, but this controls my oil way better than Milk Of Magnesia. If you have oily skin this is a must, I now only have to touch up once when I used to have to touch up 3-4 times. Definetly worth the money!

on 8/4/2012 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

so I have oily skin and i thought this would keep me matte all day . I have tried everything with this product , i tried wearing it with powder foundation , liquid foundation and even bare skin and nothing . This does not help my oily skin at all , do not waste your money to buy this its not worth with ...I went to walmart and brought the philips milk of maganesia and that works GREAT for controling my oil

Popular Primer/ Correctors