November 29, 2014 | 956 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. The first time I used it I thought "wow", but every time after that has just been "meh". I think the first time I just WANTED it to work so badly that I talked myself into it. It's OK, don't get me wrong - makes me not have to blot up oil for a couple hours instead of just one hour, but it's not HG by any means. And it's expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by pharmgalinadl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this spray for quite a while now so I thought I'd share my thoughts on here.
First of all, this spray DOES make my makeup last longer BUT my makeup would still fade a little at the end of the day. So it does not make your makeup completely fade-proof like what the other reviewers have been saying but the difference is significant enough, I would say.
I only use this as a primer.It does make my makeup goes on less smoothly but I guess that is the compromise I am willing to make because I'd rather have my make up last longer.
So if you are looking for a spray that makes your makeup completely fade-proof, this is not.
But if you are looking for a spray that makes your make up last for a few extra hours, this is for you. The difference is significant enough for me, but it depends on one's expectation whether the difference that it makes is significant.

UPDATE:
I found this works SIGNIFICANTLY better if you spray it before you apply your primer and liquid foundation, after your apply your liquid foundation AND after your apply your setting powder.
My makeup STAYS ON ALL DAY with this method.
Spray it with EACH LAYER of makeup you apply and this will work like a charm.
I use this method in conjunction with hourglass mineral veil primer which is also an excellent primer that helps your makeup stays in place but the hourglass primer only helps with the base makeup (i.e. the layer between your face and your liquid foundation).
You ALSO need another product to help with the other 'layers' of makeup (i.e. the layer between your liquid foundation and powder and the layer between your powder and the external environment)
hope this make sense!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence with this spray. I own both the original and this version of the setting sprays from Skindinavia. I don't use it to set my face, I use it as a primer more to be honest. I do a couple of sprays after I applied my KATE mineral gel primer and SANA pore putty then do my eye makeup while my base makeup sets first then do my face makeup.

This doesn't really make me SHINE-FREE, but it still works like the original spray. I expected more from this spray to be a little more mattifying. I don't need to blot as often with both sprays combined because I am a terrible oil slick without this. Lasting power is good too, but both sprays work about the same so I'm not sure if I actually need the no more shine spray if it doesn't keep me exactly shine-free.

I may repurchase this if this actually contributes to the less oil secretion but for now, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This spray has a new bottle now, but I'm pretty sure the formula is the same. My makeup use to go on kind of cakey and powdery looking but if I spray some of this before and after my makeup, it looks smooth, not cakey and not powdery. I have extremley oily skin and nothing would help control it, but this controls my oil way better than Milk Of Magnesia. If you have oily skin this is a must, I now only have to touch up once when I used to have to touch up 3-4 times. Definetly worth the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by charlie1206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

so I have oily skin and i thought this would keep me matte all day . I have tried everything with this product , i tried wearing it with powder foundation , liquid foundation and even bare skin and nothing . This does not help my oily skin at all , do not waste your money to buy this its not worth with ...I went to walmart and brought the philips milk of maganesia and that works GREAT for controling my oil

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by shelz430

My skin is super oily and Ive tried many products under the sun to find the best primer to use before applying make up.

Ive used this for 6 months and first settled because i couldnt find a better primer. However, this primer DOES NOT keep you shine free. After 2 hours, my forehead, cheeks and nose is shiny.

This product sprays on well leaving a fresh feeling, however when it dries, it feels like a plastic coat over your face that feels and looks quite plasticy. It does not sit well with my mac foundation or powder and leaves a streak line throughout the day.

I would use it short term but not everyday use, for the price your paying and for its use, not worth it. It also doesnt help your skin in breaking out with pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pammie0415

I bought the regular one and this one because I couldn't decide which one would be best for my comb skin. I like them both but I use this one during summer when it's more humid and my skin get's oilier. I love it and it works great! I wore this over my tinted moisturizer in Hawaii last week and my face was shine free for an entire day. Love it! The pump is a little flimsy and it would be nicer if the bottle was clear so I could see how much product was left but considering how nice the product is. I can give it that a pass. Will definitely keep repurchasing over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by AriannaStCharles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A must for your makeup kit. So glad I tried the No More Shine. I am OILY!! And have always had a battle with makeup staying in place. I've tried powders and found that they give an odd finish and never ended up helping. I've seen the No More Shine mentioned in many blogs and I saw a coupon on line and decided to try this out and I am so glad I did. I've tried this for a couple weeks and it has gotten me through days at work and a couple weekend BBQs. The makeup slide that would typically happen midway through those events was stopped and the color stayed vibrant and my foundation didn't crease. I also keep this with me if its one of those days when because of weather or stress i'm extra oily and a couple extra sprays makes me feel better that everything is looking great. You must try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jmccon02

I am a self-professed makeup addict, and one of the most frustrating experiences for me is to spend hours getting my make-up 'just right' for a special night out, only to find myself trying to reapply my smudged or worn off makeup in a tiny restaurant bathroom a few hours later. Another huge frustration is catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror while out on a hot summer's night and seeing a shiny, oily face reflected back at me. Shiny skin is NOT a good look!! Skindinavia's "No More Shine Makeup Finish" has eliminated BOTH of those problems and I cannot imagine how I ever lived without this product! A few sprays after I apply my makeup, and I leave the house knowing that the makeup I took such great pains to apply, will remain PERFECTLY in place for the entire night! Not only that, but even in the most intense heat and humidity, I can be confident knowing that thanks to this product, I will NEVER get that gross oily, shiny face that is so embarrassing and unsightly! I don't even purchase those oil blotter papers that used to be a compulsive staple in my purse--I simply don't need them anymore thanks to "No More Shine" so in that way, the product actually saves me money! I've learned over the years that there are some products that are simply worth the money because they provide a benefit that no other product provides, and Skindinavia's "No More Shine" is absolutely one of those products--I will never stop using this product and am so grateful it was created!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by StaceyA76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have extremely oily skin and i have tried many products but none of them seem to work. I bought this product after reading a lot of positive reviews and was hoping it would work well. I use liquid foundation and translucent powder. After i apply my make up, my face gets oily within 1-2 hours. When i use this product, i can go about 4 hours without touching up. I consider 4 hours pretty good because no other product keeps the oil away from my face for that long. However, after i used this product every day for a week, i started breaking out BAD. So i limited the use of it to only weekends or i use it occasionally during the week, that way it doesn't break me out. It definitely doesn't have a natural finish and does make my face look somewhat plastic but i am still going to continue using it until i find something else that will keep the oil away from my face.