L'Oreal Clean Artiste

3.9

GREEN BOTTLE / Waterproof & Long Wearing: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl, Palmitate, Dipotassium, Phosphate, Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl, Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride. ~~~BLUE BOTTLE / 100% Oil-Free: Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

on 7/28/2013 2:01:00 AM

Worst makeup remover I've ever used. I usually use the Neutrogena wipes but ran out. My roommate had this and let me use it but I might of well used soap and water. To get off mascara and eyeliner you would literally need to use half the bottle. Not to mention you basically have to scrub your eye lids. I will never use it again or recommend it to anyone.

on 7/4/2013 1:05:00 AM

Eh, wasn't for me. Stung my eyes a lot and I had to really rub it on my eyes, and it still didn't get everything off. I found myself using a tissue afterwards to finish what it didn't do. Not bad for spot-fixing with a Q-tip though. The wide mouth of the bottle also allows too much product to come out at once, in my opinion. I finished the bottle and quickly moved on to another brand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I finally finished a bottle of this product after a couple years and I need to go find another. It's perfect for spot-fixing with a q-tip and doesn't sting my eyes. It's not moisturising, so it doesn't make my eyelids feel any better, but they don't really feel worse either. It cleans everything off with no troubles. The only problem with it is if it knocks over with the lid loose or off, you pretty much have to go get a new bottle. It has a wide mouth and it'll just start gushing out.

It IS hard to find for some reason. After my misstep with Almay's I'm going to try harder, though.

on 3/18/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

The BEST eye makeup remover at ANY price! This stuff removes my stubborn long-wearing Stila eyeliner in just a couple of sweeps of a cotton ball. Believe me, when I say I have tried removers ranging in price from $4.00 to $32.00...This is the BEST hands down. No messy residue, no stinging, rinses clean. I love, love, love it. As a person who uses a lot of liquid liner (winged effect) as well as lining my bottom lid with an Urban Decay kohl liner and tons of mascara nearly everyday- I know what I'm talking about. I gave minus one lippy for the packaging- I like a smaller spout (like on Rimmel) because if you tip this over- its gone. Otherwise, this product will not disappoint.

on 1/28/2013 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This isn't a bad product, it just isn't what I want. I use waterproof mascara and can not seem to find a remover that actually removes all traces of it. I bought this after reading the reviews and even though it's better than the Avon, Maybelline and Neutrogena removers it's not HG. I'm still left with some mascara clinging to my lashes even after rubbing. It removes eye shadow and liner with no problem but I NEED it to remove the mascara. I don't mind having to shake a product to mix the ingredients which you have to do with this. I don't care for the push down and unscrew cap, I feel like I'm opening a medicine bottle. While I won't repurchase I will use up the rest of what I have left.

on 12/31/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the Clean Artiste 100% oil-free (blue bottle). This is somewhat better at removing regular mascara than is the Rimmel Oil Free which is a similar price. It does have a floral scent and seems to sting my eyes a little. I find it, as well as the Rimmel, are also good for removing facial makeup, followed up by a toner. Probably will not purchase again although I need more experience with it to be sure. EDIT: Removing a lippie as this continues to burn my eyes.

on 12/23/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I just used up a whole bottle of this and I have two backups already because of how much I love this stuff. I actually use this all over my face because any cleansing oil has broke me out. This is oil free and while it does leave a residue, the residue has never broken me out. What I do is I use one cotton ball for my eyes and then I get another one for my face. It takes off all of my face produces. This is the best makeup remover I have ever used and I plan to keep buying this forever!!! So I hope they never discontinue it or I would seriously be sad
1/28/13: I still use this daily and I am 1/4 the way through my second bottle after a month of daily use. I love this stuff
Update 4/30/2014: Used up another two bottles. This is still HG product. Another comparable product are the maybelline makeup removers in the bottles. However, this one still comes out on top for me. I will go back and forth depending on which ones are on sale though :)

I have used many mascara removers (that is really what needs special product), and this is absolutely the BEST I have ever used. Had a hard time finding it at CVS, but Walmart carries it all the time. I am done buying expensive eye makeup removers. This is the ONE!!! Not oily but amazingly removes waterproof mascara easily.

on 11/6/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used this for several years & LOVE it!

To me, it works just a well as Lancome's high dollar eye makeup remover.

And this can be had at darn near any drug store for 6-7 bucks

A no-brainer HG for me!

on 11/4/2012 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love it! I've tried many different eye makeup removers, including pricy ones and drugstore ones. This one is probably the best I've used. It cleans my eye makeup with ease, I don't even have to rub my eyes. I just wet my cotton rounds, and place them on my eyes for about 15 seconds, and gently wipe off my mascara and eyeliners. Voila! All clean!
I think it cleans better than Neutrogena, Lumene, Boots Botanics, and definitely less greasy. I like Neutrogena one a lot too, but this one smells nice and the packaging is way better. If you like Clinique's eye makeup remover, you'll like this one too, they feel similar to me.
Oh btw, there're 2 formulas of Clean Artiste, make sure you get the green bottle, the blue bottle doesn't work as well on waterproof mascara. Go for green bottle!!