November 22, 2014 | 1944 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Clean Artiste

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This isn't a bad product, it just isn't what I want. I use waterproof mascara and can not seem to find a remover that actually removes all traces of it. I bought this after reading the reviews and even though it's better than the Avon, Maybelline and Neutrogena removers it's not HG. I'm still left with some mascara clinging to my lashes even after rubbing. It removes eye shadow and liner with no problem but I NEED it to remove the mascara. I don't mind having to shake a product to mix the ingredients which you have to do with this. I don't care for the push down and unscrew cap, I feel like I'm opening a medicine bottle. While I won't repurchase I will use up the rest of what I have left.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This review is for the Clean Artiste 100% oil-free (blue bottle). This is somewhat better at removing regular mascara than is the Rimmel Oil Free which is a similar price. It does have a floral scent and seems to sting my eyes a little. I find it, as well as the Rimmel, are also good for removing facial makeup, followed up by a toner. Probably will not purchase again although I need more experience with it to be sure. EDIT: Removing a lippie as this continues to burn my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just used up a whole bottle of this and I have two backups already because of how much I love this stuff. I actually use this all over my face because any cleansing oil has broke me out. This is oil free and while it does leave a residue, the residue has never broken me out. What I do is I use one cotton ball for my eyes and then I get another one for my face. It takes off all of my face produces. This is the best makeup remover I have ever used and I plan to keep buying this forever!!! So I hope they never discontinue it or I would seriously be sad
1/28/13: I still use this daily and I am 1/4 the way through my second bottle after a month of daily use. I love this stuff
Update 4/30/2014: Used up another two bottles. This is still HG product. Another comparable product are the maybelline makeup removers in the bottles. However, this one still comes out on top for me. I will go back and forth depending on which ones are on sale though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by marymclaughlin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used many mascara removers (that is really what needs special product), and this is absolutely the BEST I have ever used. Had a hard time finding it at CVS, but Walmart carries it all the time. I am done buying expensive eye makeup removers. This is the ONE!!! Not oily but amazingly removes waterproof mascara easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for several years & LOVE it!

To me, it works just a well as Lancome's high dollar eye makeup remover.

And this can be had at darn near any drug store for 6-7 bucks

A no-brainer HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love it! I've tried many different eye makeup removers, including pricy ones and drugstore ones. This one is probably the best I've used. It cleans my eye makeup with ease, I don't even have to rub my eyes. I just wet my cotton rounds, and place them on my eyes for about 15 seconds, and gently wipe off my mascara and eyeliners. Voila! All clean!
I think it cleans better than Neutrogena, Lumene, Boots Botanics, and definitely less greasy. I like Neutrogena one a lot too, but this one smells nice and the packaging is way better. If you like Clinique's eye makeup remover, you'll like this one too, they feel similar to me.
Oh btw, there're 2 formulas of Clean Artiste, make sure you get the green bottle, the blue bottle doesn't work as well on waterproof mascara. Go for green bottle!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

It's superb for removing stubborn eye make up my cleanser won't get off, which isn't that often. It is green in color but fragrance free.
I dot my cleanser (Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive) on my face then take C.A. shake it, then apply with cotton ball or pad. Hold it on my eye for a few, don't wipe! it will dissolve your make up.. . I then wet my hands and spread my cleanser all over then splash off. Done! Clean skin and eyes. No residue, stinging. Most important, no wiping and tugging on my eyes.
It can be hard to find in drugstores. I found it first with the Loreal cosmetic display at Walgreens. Now put down that old cold cream Vaseline stuff and go get some..be kind to your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by jenlauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this oil-based eye makeup remover! I had used another one a few years back and found that the oils seeped into my eyes and blinded me. I swore them off. I decided to give this one a try and I'm glad I did. With one dab on a cotton ball, it removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner with ease. The oils condition my lashes/skin and do not hurt my sensitive eyes! The packaging is beautiful and easy to spot. It also removes any kind of longwear lipsticks if you're stuck in one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by aashgraant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

for a while, the only makeup remover i'd use is the Clinique rinse-off eye makeup solvent. it was 17.00 and i went through a bottle every couple weeks, being 16 and unemployed, it's hard to find the money for that! i found Loreal's clean artiste makeup remover and decided to try it out.. i love it! it compares to the Clinique makeup remover. it's only 5.49 at Target and it lasts a couple of weeks. it has no oil so it doesn't bother my contacts. i completely recommend this to anyone who likes an oil free makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lumi90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear waterproof and water resistant makeup, and this does a great job at getting it all off at the end of the day. My only complaints are that the lid is difficult to get off (you have to push and twist, and by push I mean push really hard), and it takes a lot to get all my makeup off. Other than that, it is a really good product that I would probably buy again.