December 20, 2014 | 1580 users online

Cleansers - Clarisonic - Refreshing gel cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I got this as a sample with my Mia 2. I didn't use it for months, but my skin has been kinder to me lately so I decided I would give this a try when I ran across it a few weeks ago. I don't use it daily because I try to only use my Clarisonic once a week or so. I find this to be a nice cleanser. It smells nice and is not irritating. It doesn't overly dry my skin and it doesn't break my acne-prone skin out.

I will consider buying this when my sample runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I received a huge sample size of this from QVC, and I am very happy with it. I don't own a Clarisonic brush so I just use my hands to wash my face. This feels very cleansing, refreshing and doesn't strip my skin (which I often find with gel cleansers). I don't get a film on my face after washing, instead my face feels soft and squeaky clean. I would buy this again however, I tend to only use gel cleansers in the summer (and use a creamier cleanser in the winter), so I only gave this a 4 out of 5, not because there is anything wrong with it, but because I haven't yet seen how this performs when my skin is a lot drier. I will be glad to give it full marks if it doesn't irritate my skin in the winter! **UPDATE** I reduced this to 3 out of 5 as it doesn't make my skin feel as clean as some other cleansers. This works great in a morning when I wake up but after a full day wearing makeup this doesn't seem to remove it all and I need to wash my face twice in order to feel clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a big sample of this on the Q with another purchase...this was before I even owned a Clarisonic....
Using it without the Clarisonic, it lathers nicely and cleans pretty well. It isn't overly drying but also isn't moisturizing either. The fragrance is really light.
When I use it with my Clarisonic, it takes makeup really easily and makes my face feel clean but not stripped. However, my skin is pretty sensitive and this does cause some redness no matter how gentle I am with the Clarisonic.
I like though, that it seems to be non-comedogenic and so far hasn't caused any breakouts.
But because my skin is so sensitive and on the dry side, I don't think this is the right cleanser for me. I might use it once in a while for a deep clean if I'm feeling extra grungy...
Overall it's a nice, simple cleanser but the retail price is just outrageous for what you're getting...I mean the tube isn't even cutsey or anything. I don't see anything about it that would justify the price except it has the Clarisonic logo on it.
Plus, dry-skin types should probably look elsewhere for something less drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by caligirldotcom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small sample of this cleanser when I purchased my Mia2. The sample did last me a few months, which was surprising because it was a little sample bottle (1oz), so a little cleanser does go a long way. I did like how using this with a combination of the Mia2 got my face really clean, when I used a toner after there would be no makeup on cotton ball. It also seems like I have had fewer breakouts. I am at the point where I don't think I can justify spending $25 on a 6oz bottle. If the Mia2 doesn't work as well with a different cleanser or I notice I am breaking out more I might break down and get the cleanser but for now I think I will try something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dize

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought a new clarisonic mia and received this sample with it. I have never had a reaction to anything, but after using this product twice, I woke up with a terrible red rash all over my face. It's itching and driving me crazy, and I can't put makeup on over it or it's worse. This is the 3rd day that I've stayed in the house, and it still hasn't gone away. I've used a clarisonic unit for years, so I know that it's not the unit itself, it has to be this cleanser. The brush is obviously new, and I haven't used any other products. Before anyone uses this cleanser, I would test it for a couple of days on a small patch of skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a tube of this cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia when bought from Amazon UK. I've been using it once a day for the last week with my Clarisonic, massaging a generous amount onto my face, massaging all over with the Clarisonic for a minute and then using a warm damp flannel to wash it off.

The product initially smells like kiwis, which is definitely refreshing and pleasant in the morning, but then has an unpleasant plastic/chemical smell soon after - not so pleasant. It has an average cleansing power beaten by many much cheaper cleansers. The product claims to be 'foaming' but doesn't seem to foam even when using a generous amount of product, turning milky instead. Afterwards my face feels tight and dry and the skin between my eyebrows has started to become itchy and flaky - this is rare for me as I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and didn't expect it as this product claims to be for all skin types. I haven't changed any other products in my skincare routine so there's no doubt this is the culprit.

I wanted to like this cleanser and thought it would work well with the Clarisonic; instead it just dries my skin out. Maybe it would work better for oily or acne-prone skin? It costs 21 online for a small 'full size' bottle which I definitely won't be repurchasing and will keep using my favourite, Lush's Angels On Bare Skin, for my troublesome combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I got this free with my Clarisonic Plus. Too drying for me! Will not bother to finish using the rest. I have to follow with moisturizer after this cleanser, and I like letting my skin breathe in order to keep it clear. If this tamed my breakouts, the drying would be worth it, but it did not.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The gel came w my clarisonic so I can't comment on its price. I have aging, oily, acne-prone skin- very few cleansers leave my skin tight- this gel made my skin like sandpaper- no amount of moisturizer countered the tight, flaky, dull impact that this cleanser had on me. and my makeup looked horrible when i used this gel in the morning- as soon as I returned to my clearisil wash, the flakiness and scales went away- I tossed it and will never purchase or recommend- too bad, as I love my clarisonic brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by meeleessa

When I first bought my clarisonic, I used it with Cetaphil cleaner, but my face was feeling a bit tight after each use. So I switched to the refreshing gel cleanser sampler it came with and what a huge difference! It makes my skin feel cool, clean and smooth. I have also noticed my face has gotten a lot brighter and radiant. I would have never said this about my skin before using this cleanser in conjunction with the clarisonic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample with my clarisonic mia, and hated it instantly. It smells terrible and makes my skin sooo dry (although it is mormal/combination) - i NEVER had dry skin sensation like this before. It smells horrible, like chemicals, and it's very runny.