April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Cleansers - Clarisonic - Refreshing gel cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by caligirldotcom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small sample of this cleanser when I purchased my Mia2. The sample did last me a few months, which was surprising because it was a little sample bottle (1oz), so a little cleanser does go a long way. I did like how using this with a combination of the Mia2 got my face really clean, when I used a toner after there would be no makeup on cotton ball. It also seems like I have had fewer breakouts. I am at the point where I don't think I can justify spending $25 on a 6oz bottle. If the Mia2 doesn't work as well with a different cleanser or I notice I am breaking out more I might break down and get the cleanser but for now I think I will try something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dize

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought a new clarisonic mia and received this sample with it. I have never had a reaction to anything, but after using this product twice, I woke up with a terrible red rash all over my face. It's itching and driving me crazy, and I can't put makeup on over it or it's worse. This is the 3rd day that I've stayed in the house, and it still hasn't gone away. I've used a clarisonic unit for years, so I know that it's not the unit itself, it has to be this cleanser. The brush is obviously new, and I haven't used any other products. Before anyone uses this cleanser, I would test it for a couple of days on a small patch of skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a tube of this cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia when bought from Amazon UK. I've been using it once a day for the last week with my Clarisonic, massaging a generous amount onto my face, massaging all over with the Clarisonic for a minute and then using a warm damp flannel to wash it off.

The product initially smells like kiwis, which is definitely refreshing and pleasant in the morning, but then has an unpleasant plastic/chemical smell soon after - not so pleasant. It has an average cleansing power beaten by many much cheaper cleansers. The product claims to be 'foaming' but doesn't seem to foam even when using a generous amount of product, turning milky instead. Afterwards my face feels tight and dry and the skin between my eyebrows has started to become itchy and flaky - this is rare for me as I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and didn't expect it as this product claims to be for all skin types. I haven't changed any other products in my skincare routine so there's no doubt this is the culprit.

I wanted to like this cleanser and thought it would work well with the Clarisonic; instead it just dries my skin out. Maybe it would work better for oily or acne-prone skin? It costs 21 online for a small 'full size' bottle which I definitely won't be repurchasing and will keep using my favourite, Lush's Angels On Bare Skin, for my troublesome combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I got this free with my Clarisonic Plus. Too drying for me! Will not bother to finish using the rest. I have to follow with moisturizer after this cleanser, and I like letting my skin breathe in order to keep it clear. If this tamed my breakouts, the drying would be worth it, but it did not.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The gel came w my clarisonic so I can't comment on its price. I have aging, oily, acne-prone skin- very few cleansers leave my skin tight- this gel made my skin like sandpaper- no amount of moisturizer countered the tight, flaky, dull impact that this cleanser had on me. and my makeup looked horrible when i used this gel in the morning- as soon as I returned to my clearisil wash, the flakiness and scales went away- I tossed it and will never purchase or recommend- too bad, as I love my clarisonic brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by meeleessa

When I first bought my clarisonic, I used it with Cetaphil cleaner, but my face was feeling a bit tight after each use. So I switched to the refreshing gel cleanser sampler it came with and what a huge difference! It makes my skin feel cool, clean and smooth. I have also noticed my face has gotten a lot brighter and radiant. I would have never said this about my skin before using this cleanser in conjunction with the clarisonic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample with my clarisonic mia, and hated it instantly. It smells terrible and makes my skin sooo dry (although it is mormal/combination) - i NEVER had dry skin sensation like this before. It smells horrible, like chemicals, and it's very runny.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by RT666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To put this in context, I have very tough skin. I usually never react to anything, and can put 1mm of Retinol all over my face, twice a day and it doesn't peel. Well, this stuff made it peel with no Retinol use. I could not emphasise enough - if you are over 40, don't use this gel! I have combination skin, oily t-zone, and a chronic tendency toward blocked pores. I was using this for about a week before I finally figured out what was going on with my skin. This stuff literally strips the natural oils from your face and leaves it tight, red and uncomfortable. The culprit - Willowbark extract. It is an astringent/antiseptic and increases your sensitivity to the sun - absolute no-no in Australia. As you can imagine, strip the oils, your skin over-compensates in the parts that it can, and goes dry, red and flaky in the parts that it can't. So you get a combination of even more blocked pores, set off by dermatitis. I was slapping on Bio-Oil, trying to get the whole thing to settle down. This stuff is not meant for mature skins, save yourself a lot of problems and stick with the cleansing milk. I'm not even sure I'd recommend this to the younger ladies as it's the most harsh cleanser I think I've ever come across.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by mixedmatch

I got this as a sample with the purchase of the clarisonic mia. i love how soft and supple my skin feels after using it. I have sensitive and acne prone skin. My skin had breakouts and after a week of using it, my skin cleared up. It smells nice too. But the only downside to this is the price. It is expensive here in singapore. But i wouldnt mind buying it for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by makelmg

I don't know why this has such negative reviews, I personally love this stuff! Once I became pregnant I broke our everywhere and my doctor said this would be safe to use since it is natural. It has willow bark to help fight my acne and it does just that. I use this in the morning as I feel it gives me a nice glow. At night I use the belli facewash which is formulated specifically for pregnant woman and my skin has never looked better!! I use both with my clarisonic but I like the way this wash feels with it. It's sticky enough to not slide off while using my clarisonic but it still lathers. I also love the smell!! HG for me!