manuka honey

4.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this a couple weeks ago hoping to use it as a spot treatment and to help get the uncomfortably dry and flaky skin on my elbows in check. After using it for a week, I'm pretty unimpressed with its healing powers. Even though I made sure to buy honey with a UMF level over 10+ (the one I got has 16+), it works no better or no worse than a jar of raw local honey might. It's been somewhat helpful with the skin on my elbows (I mix it with some coconut oil to mitigate the stickiness and then wrap it in an old sock), but does nada to the two blind zits I've applied it to. I'm not the type of person who expects overnight results, but even after 4 days neither zit has come to a head, and are just as red and swollen as they'd have been if I had left them alone. If anything they've gotten larger and redder since I started with the honey, though I don't think the honey is to blame for that. I don't think it's made them worse, I just don't think it's done anything to diminish the zits or at even speed along their life cycle.

I don't have enough acne to guess how much this honey might be helpful at preventing spots or healing old scars, but at least as a spot treatment, it's a real dud.

on 7/17/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Manuka honey has made a dramatic difference in my skin!

I used ot suffer from acne prone and dry skin- ever since using manuka honey as a face wash every morning I have notice that my skin has improved. If I do break out with 1-2 pimples on my face it quickly shrinks by the continuation of honey wash everyday.

Be patient and start by using it every morning and see how you go. At night time I just a use a facial scrub to clean and remove make up or dirt etc.

Definitely reccomend HONEY it is the best thing I have ever used on my face- never going back to anything esle.

My skin is glowing, pores are shrinking and it seems my wrinkles are slowlying become more fine and less visible.

WORTH IT!

on 6/22/2014 1:22:00 PM

I have been suffering from perioral dermatitis now for almost 2 years. I took antibiotics which temporarily cleared it up but when I stopped it came back worse.

Manuka honey has really cleared it up, up to 98% gone. Plus it has made my skin unbelievably soft, even and radiant.

I put a layer of manuka honey on my face, let it sit for 10-30 minutes then wash it off, tone with ACV diluted in water, soak any problem areas in pure ACV, then apply coconut oil as a moisturizer and I dab pure manuka on any troubled areas and it helps to heal them.

I bought the UMF 25+

I hope this helps someone. Manuka honey seems to have cleared my complexion much better than retin-a ever did.

Ok so I am writing this review on the first day of purchasing this product. It was quite expensive but I was desperate to find a product to help my acne prone skin and clear some of my scars. So I have used put a layer all over my face and left it for an hour and a half. Washed it off in a v hot shower and my skin feels ten times better already. It's so smooth and my moderate fading acne is no longer inflamed and red and it feels so clean, it's too early to see a reduction in the scars but so far after one use I am very impressed! Don't forget to scrape your hair right back as it's sticky! Highly recommend so far- I will update....

on 1/24/2014 8:57:00 PM

I love to use this as a mask! extremely gentle. Great for acne prone skin, helped clear up my face a lot

on 10/18/2013 7:13:00 AM

I've had chronically chapped lips ever since i can remember. I have tried somany products the sephora sa has given upon me. During a particularly rough patch, i went to the doctor. Apparently some chapped lips are caused by bacteria, who knew?

She suggested a 50/50 mix of manuka honey and a heavy oil product (like vaseline, aquafor or coconut oil). The oil is just to reduce the stickiness and give it some staying power. (Aquafor is working great for me, i found the coconut oil vanish way too quickly.

Worked like a charm! I may even be able to wear lipstick soon, something i haven't done since i was a kid. i'm thrilled!

on 7/12/2013 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a product that I would describe as 'subtle but necessary'. It is very healing and I use it in conjunction with harsh spot gels which really works well to heal scars and prevent skin damage. I use it as a mask and also a nightly spot treatment on scars, however there is probably something that works more effectively for that. However as a nightly skin mask, it really does work wonders. It brightens, clears and heals.

anti inflammatory, anti viral, anti bacterial, anti microbial, best mask ever. Moisturizing enough for dry skin and helpful for oily/ acne prone skin. Improves texture and tone. Assists in anti aging/ fine lines. Make sure you purchase one with at least an active 15+ or higher. This honey is used all over the world in other countries for many medicinal uses. AMAZING!!! I will never ever ever ever not have this in my cupboard. The price is a little high (around $30) but I rated it as a $5 because I would pay ANYTHING to have it

on 5/4/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Had a really painful blind pimple pop up on my chin the other day and nothing worked to bring it to a head so then I remembered I had my comvita brand manuka honey umf18+ and applied some on the spot directly and covered with a band aid for a couple hours and when I removed it this evening, the blind pimple has finally shown its ugly head! Its also reduced in size and not painful like it was before! I've tried this for regular spots and general face masks and it hasn't been that miraculous but if u have a cystic pimple or a pimple without a head, this will definitely speed it up for u and it will heal in a few days rather than a few weeks! Make sure to buy real active manuka honey from trusted company's otherwise it won't be as effective.

on 5/4/2013 12:35:00 AM

I will never ever ever not use this stuff. In summer when i persisted with this twice daily my acne scars, that have plagued me for years diminished. However i decided to get a clarisonic mia which sent my skin into a frenzy at first, but now it's okay and ive persisted with that ever since and neglected this :\ bad decision short term but i think long term it will be for the best. Atm i'm going to try and balance the two but here's how i got maximum results.

I steam my face open and leave this on for around an hour then steam it again with it on before removing it to get it right into my skin! So it restores and repairs with maxiumum effect and i do this morning and night. Then straight after whilst my pores are open apply a hydrating toner and repairing serum such as advanced night repair by estee lauder, and boom, my skin was really clear for months.

Then i got clarisonic went through the purging phase and now i use that once every 3 days as of recently, as opposed to everyday, and i'm going to repurchase this and use this every day i dont use clarisonic and try and acheive that skin i managed to acheive last year when i was using this religiously. Really good product so glad i came across it. I used 15 + but will go for 24 + next time :-) and i used the pure gold from holland and barret.

Popular Treatments (Face)