August 28, 2014 | 1431 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by peachhsorbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is quite tricky, and I have spent years trying to find a cleanser that correlates with my skin type. I need a cleanser that properly cleans my skin but without the nasty chemicals.

Dark Angels is my holy grail skin product. Although the black colour and smell did initially put me off, I'm so glad I bought this. It is a little pricier than face washes and cleansers at 6.40 for a 100g tub, this product is super affordable as you only need to pick off a small piece every time you use this, so this product is going to last ages.

As my skin is quite oily, this helps tame that and moisturises it. I also have red bumps that appear on my t-zone, which before this product it was hard to control and many products I tried had irritated it and made it worse. However, Dark Angels has also helped to soothe those troubled parts and has almost cleared it up (I've been using this for 2 weeks).

As this product is a scrub (black sugar), people with extremely sensitive skin may want to avoid this and try one of Lush's other facial cleansers. Although my skin is a little sensitive, this product is very kind to my skin. The bonus is that there are no nasty chemicals, so my face is not absorbing anything harmful or irritating.

I have found that this product works well with Lush's Enzymion facial moisturiser too - both help to combat oily skin so if your face gets very oily you may want to have a try of those! :) The lady I spoke to in my local Lush store also told me the moisturiser keeps your skin from getting oily when you have make up on too, which I have found to be true (no touch-ups for me!!), so would defo recommend this cleanser and moisturiser! x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by mandylyn

I adore dark angel! it's an excellent scrub facial wash that gets rid of impurities and gives ur skin an ultra clean after wash effect. besides using this for my face, I give my neck, chest and back the same scrub wash too for a gd cleanse. though it may seem harsh when u first use it, ease the product gently into ur skin with the right amount of warm water and it works fine! great buy tt will last a good 3mths.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by shaunan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. you can mix a whole lot with a little bit of water, or a little bit with lots of water to get your perfect scrub consistency. but its every exfoliating, so you might want to be careful. i use this every once in a blue moon to get my skin super dooper scrubbed free of every little trace of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by simkmel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

complete mess but I love using it! feels great on acne prone or oily skin, but no matter what my skin is like, I love to use this. All you need is a pinch and this last big time, I can't believe I debated buying it as long as I did

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by BreahPickles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. This is my holy grail product. Nothing else works for me. When I'm at work, I can't wait to go home so I can wash my face with this stuff.

My love affair with Dark Angels started when I was in technical school for the Air Force (you finish basic, go to tech school to learn your job, then go to your first base - then you're a real person) I used to be friends with this girl and I would go to her room and we would have a girl's pampering day. One night she pulled this stuff out and we used it as a mask. I asked her if I could take a little back to my dorm room with me, and so she packed a bit in a Ziploc, and the rest was history.

I realized it wasn't a mask, but a facial scrub/wash - and started using it correctly. I use this every morning and night, and my skin has been the clearest it's been in a long time. I love the smell, texture, EVERYTHING about this product.

I got based in Germany, and the closest LUSH is almost two hours from my base, in Frankfurt - and I will drive there and back to get this product. (I usually wipe the store clean of this product though, imagine me...with 4 or 5 of these little things, stacked up - hobbling to the counter and this little German girl laughs at me...)

I'll be using this stuff for years to come. If they ever stop making it, I will be so depressed.
Someone needs to write a power ballad dedicated to Dark Angels.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample with my last LUSH order and was unsure if i was even going to use it. I have oily skin, and i've read plenty of reviews on it on LUSH.ca but never pulled the plug on buying it purely just because i've been so happy with my other LUSH products. I figured it was some sort of sign they gave me this as a sample since i was slightly interested in it, so i gave it a go the other day. I am REALLY impressed so far. If you've ever used Herbalism from LUSH then you already know how to use Dark Angels. Works exactly the same, so i wasn't turned off by the mess it can make. The smell isn't great, but its not bad either. Its like a black licorice/dirt smell, but not over powering in my opinion. I didn't find it at all as abrasive as a lot of these reviews are saying. Maybe i mixed mine up more, who knows, but i found it a pretty light exfoliant. I also didn't experience the "residue" a lot of the reviews are also talking about, as soon as i splashed water on my face and wiped dry, it was all off. It left my skin feeling very soft and clean. Didn't dry me out either. I still use toner and moisturizer afterwards, but i didn't feel like i had to. My skin really seems to like this so far, i will probably buy a pot when my sample is up!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by courtneyj20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really sure about this product. I just started using it and I'm not sure if I'm breaking out because of this or what the deal is. The smell isn't offensive, however it is strong. The consistency is also not to bad. For this product I'm Switzerland.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by emmacoles27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

i had been unsure of this product as i have tried many lush cleansers and they hadnt really done wonders for my skin. i was out looking for a natural exfoliator to replace my clearasil one as i try and only buy cruelty free products. I got this and a sample of coalface to try together to stop my acne occuring again, dark angels has been amazing for me and really brightens my skin! the pot is a pain but you get used to it. i have found that it washes off really easily and makes my skin so soft. will defo be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Sjouklm

I've been using this product for approximately one week and I love it! I have oily, blemish-prone skin and I find that this product exfoliates very nicely and is not too harsh. The sugar-like texture feels nice and my skin is left feeling clean, not tight. My only criticism is that the smell is very, very strong but after a few uses I've gotten used to it. I only use this in the shower as it is much easier to wash off that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MarkAdia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I'm a 26 year old straight guy - yeah, I'm on a makeup site because while looking up more reviews on this product, I found myself needing to post here.

I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer. I bought this product because we use Rhassoul mud in my culture quite a bit, so I found myself happy to find a product that had this mud incorporated into it.

I have no complaints, my skin feels great and polished, it isn't too dry nor too oily - just perfect. I'm happy I went into this store to buy a friend's gift, and ended up with this. It works fantastic. I think just getting it to the right consistency for use on one's face with mixing it with water; but you'll get used to it. The smell is a little "earthy", but I like it. It wasn't overpowering either, it is just great. My face stayed great all day long, I didn't get oily skin again after a couple of hours as i did with other products - nor did it feel "tight".

A tip for guys going into here: there's also a cinnamon shampoo bar that stops hair from falling out. It works too and helps u grow your hair back.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No