Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB Cream

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.533%; Zinc Oxide 3.840%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate

on 8/14/2013 12:15:00 PM

i have always used the asian version of this bb cream for the last 5 years and it has been my HG for a while. i recently decided to splurge on the sephora version and i love it! The formula is definitely different from the korean version. The sephora version is lighter and the coverage is not as high..however it settles in very well and matches my skin tone way better than the korean version. The korean version has a chalkier and gray shade when applied. will def repurchase!! tried it for 2 weeks. no clogged pores. blends well. the only con is the price. ($49.99 Cad at Sephora) however, i only recommend this for ladies with fair, fair-medium or olive skin.. Otherwise it will look really unnatural as it only comes in one shade.

on 7/3/2013 9:38:00 PM

I was a Make Up Forever Face/Body fan but decided I'd like something with a little more than it's very sheer coverage. Tried the HD and it broke me out - horribly! I went back to Sephora two days after to return it. I had no makeup on and was upset with my skin and asked for advice on what would work for my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

I had no idea what a BB cream was, to be honest. The girl did my whole face up with this and it was just wonderful. Not to heavy, not too sheer. Normally I do a ton of research before I buy anything but I bought this stuff on the spot.

I have been using it for almost two weeks and I still love it. Ladies, I wore this when I was outside all day in Boston with temps in the 90s and *humid* and it stayed put. I had a show I was going to in the evening and brought the tube with me thinking I'd have to reapply but all I had to do was blot and powder. I have had not one single pimple from this. It's wonderfully fragrance free, which I still don't understand why they all aren't but that's another convo.

I was taught by the sales girl that the proper way to apply it is to warm it by rubbing it between your fingers, rubbing it on your face, and then, using a rolling motion with your fingers, sort of press it into the skin. When it is first applied it can look chalky or pale but try the rolling/pressing trick and there is a big difference.

Barring any stalled freak reactions from my skin, this will be my go-to.

UPDATE: (One year later) I use this every day and just bought my second tube, so this stuff lasts a while! This is my HG of foundation by far. It's never caused a breakout or adverse reaction and my skin is super sensitive. It doesn't make me look like I have makeup on, keeping in mind that I have fair skin. I can't say it's "improved" my skin but I consider the fact that it doesn't cause breakouts quite a nice improvement. I love love love this foundation!!

on 7/2/2013 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only BB cream I use. I just bought my second tube! It feels great on my skin, is not too greasy and I don't get weird shines. I have larger pores on my nose and cheeks and this covers it really good (main reason I use BB creams). Couple weeks ago I had a bit of redness on my nose and it did covered it pretty good too. It doesn't work well on pimples tho, this BB kind of highlights them, so if you do have a few, I'll recommend staying away from it. I blend this BB with my fingers, if not, I keep getting ugly brush/sponge strokes for some reason. Before I apply it, I use sunscreen (shiseido-not tinted). I feel like the 23SPF that this cream has is not enough for the face. When I don't wear any make-up, I just use a 40spf sunscreen any time of the year (crazy much?). I did not get any wrinkles highlighted or under eye cakiness as other reviews say. The only cons are highlighted pimples and the price ($44CAD at sephora, ouch!). This BB comes in a pump bottle, which I think is great and very hygienic.

on 6/24/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received a large sample of Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB cream from Sephora and tried it for the first time yesterday. My first impression was really bad--I put it on and immediately looked like a Walking Dead extra. I was so happy I was alone when I applied this product because I literally looked like the undead... unnaturally pale, chalky skin and every single fine line and wrinkle seemed to be highlighted. I don't know what compelled me to leave it on (laziness?), but ten minutes later the color seemed to have set in and it looked natural, through some kind of miraculous process! The color was even and it didn't feel too heavy or noticeable on my skin. I was even excited to walk out into the blazing hot southern California summer sun knowing that I was wearing a broad spectrum SPF 25. I don't know if I'd repurchase this, but despite the first terrifying ten minutes it seems to be a good product.

on 6/20/2013 6:05:00 PM

I'd stay away from this product until I no longer breakout for any reason at all. I think it's a decent product for those who don't break out.

I find the color bearable since I've fair/light skin with yellow undertones. It's slightly gray on me, making me look somewhat pale, but once it blends with my skin the shade becomes more natural. The product is moisturizing on its own and corrects dark spots, so it's saves many steps.

BUT....it just doesn't work for my skin. I could not find another cause for breaking out than this BB cream. Usually I breakout when I'm very stressed out and/or haven't slept well, but I broke out while using this BB cream when it was thanksgiving and Christmas break. I wasn't stressed out at all but broke out anyway, thanks to this BB cream.

Also, I'm more than sure this is the product that breaks me out since I changed nothing else in my skincare. My hypothesis for the breakout is how this substance is so sticky and how it doesn't let my skin breathe. My pores were more clogged than usual, and I end up having white heads, cysts, and large pimples.

on 3/16/2013 5:35:00 PM

I know there seems to be a lot of bad reviews about this product but honestly I love it.

Pros:
-Blended into my VERY pale skin and color matched decently after it sat a few minutes
- Did not irritate my skin or break me out
- Did not make me any oilier than I normally am
- Lasted a good 6 or 7 hours
- Smelled ok
- Comes with a pump on the tube
- Relatively decent light-med coverage and lasted a good 6 hours

Cons
- If you sweat a lot it does seem to melt off (but so do most bb creams)
- Doesn't control oil much but nothing a few blotting papers mid day wont fix
-Pricey

Overall I definitely will repurchase this product but I have a few others to use up first. If your skin is SUPER sensitive it might not like this product but mine, which is pretty average as far as sensitivity, had no real issue with it.

on 2/16/2013 7:01:00 PM

I wore this to the gym and my face started to feel itchy during the workout. This product broke me out. I do not recommend this for sensitive acne-prone skin.

on 2/15/2013 1:36:00 PM

This is similar to, but much more drying and flake-enhancing, than the gold label version (premium).

PROS:
-medium coverage
-blends easily
-color looks natural even on my pale skin
-all mineral sunscreen and high PPD

CONS:
-emphasizes flakes no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize
-further dries out my dry skin
-looks cakey on my nose and between my eyes, even though these are the oilier parts of my face

I liked the coverage and the mineral sunscreen aspects, but it looked horrible on my skin. Maybe this could work for someone with flawless, oily skin, but I would avoid it if you have even slightly uneven or dry skin since this just highlights those flaws instead of covering them.

on 1/16/2013 2:19:00 PM

I got a small tube of the Black Label Detox BB in the Dr. Jart BB sampler set at Sephora. I wasn't thrilled with this one. I only used it twice, so I cannot speak to its claims about its anti-irritant or detoxifying claims - I think it would take longer to see those effects. I am not a fan of the thicker texture of this BB. I found that it did not melt that well into my skin and had a greasy finish. I also thought that it was a little pale - even for my very pale face. I much prefer the Premium and Water Fuse varieties.

on 1/4/2013 1:01:00 PM

I got this in sephora and this was too dark for my skin!!!!!!! I have very pale skin with rosy undertones and this product made my skin look dark and dull!!! I think the one marketed in Korea must be different because alot of people in america have more darker skin i was surprised to find this too dark. Im going to return this to sephora and try the one marketed in korea and see if it's a better match for my skin. They must have changed this for sephora so it would be more westernized since more people have darker skin.