October 21, 2014 | 2059 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Black Label BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received a large sample of Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB cream from Sephora and tried it for the first time yesterday. My first impression was really bad--I put it on and immediately looked like a Walking Dead extra. I was so happy I was alone when I applied this product because I literally looked like the undead... unnaturally pale, chalky skin and every single fine line and wrinkle seemed to be highlighted. I don't know what compelled me to leave it on (laziness?), but ten minutes later the color seemed to have set in and it looked natural, through some kind of miraculous process! The color was even and it didn't feel too heavy or noticeable on my skin. I was even excited to walk out into the blazing hot southern California summer sun knowing that I was wearing a broad spectrum SPF 25. I don't know if I'd repurchase this, but despite the first terrifying ten minutes it seems to be a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd stay away from this product until I no longer breakout for any reason at all. I think it's a decent product for those who don't break out.

I find the color bearable since I've fair/light skin with yellow undertones. It's slightly gray on me, making me look somewhat pale, but once it blends with my skin the shade becomes more natural. The product is moisturizing on its own and corrects dark spots, so it's saves many steps.

BUT....it just doesn't work for my skin. I could not find another cause for breaking out than this BB cream. Usually I breakout when I'm very stressed out and/or haven't slept well, but I broke out while using this BB cream when it was thanksgiving and Christmas break. I wasn't stressed out at all but broke out anyway, thanks to this BB cream.

Also, I'm more than sure this is the product that breaks me out since I changed nothing else in my skincare. My hypothesis for the breakout is how this substance is so sticky and how it doesn't let my skin breathe. My pores were more clogged than usual, and I end up having white heads, cysts, and large pimples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I know there seems to be a lot of bad reviews about this product but honestly I love it.

Pros:
-Blended into my VERY pale skin and color matched decently after it sat a few minutes
- Did not irritate my skin or break me out
- Did not make me any oilier than I normally am
- Lasted a good 6 or 7 hours
- Smelled ok
- Comes with a pump on the tube
- Relatively decent light-med coverage and lasted a good 6 hours

Cons
- If you sweat a lot it does seem to melt off (but so do most bb creams)
- Doesn't control oil much but nothing a few blotting papers mid day wont fix
-Pricey

Overall I definitely will repurchase this product but I have a few others to use up first. If your skin is SUPER sensitive it might not like this product but mine, which is pretty average as far as sensitivity, had no real issue with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Cissa510

I wore this to the gym and my face started to feel itchy during the workout. This product broke me out. I do not recommend this for sensitive acne-prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Kourki13

This is similar to, but much more drying and flake-enhancing, than the gold label version (premium).

PROS:
-medium coverage
-blends easily
-color looks natural even on my pale skin
-all mineral sunscreen and high PPD

CONS:
-emphasizes flakes no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize
-further dries out my dry skin
-looks cakey on my nose and between my eyes, even though these are the oilier parts of my face

I liked the coverage and the mineral sunscreen aspects, but it looked horrible on my skin. Maybe this could work for someone with flawless, oily skin, but I would avoid it if you have even slightly uneven or dry skin since this just highlights those flaws instead of covering them.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

I got a small tube of the Black Label Detox BB in the Dr. Jart BB sampler set at Sephora. I wasn't thrilled with this one. I only used it twice, so I cannot speak to its claims about its anti-irritant or detoxifying claims - I think it would take longer to see those effects. I am not a fan of the thicker texture of this BB. I found that it did not melt that well into my skin and had a greasy finish. I also thought that it was a little pale - even for my very pale face. I much prefer the Premium and Water Fuse varieties.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by xErikax890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in sephora and this was too dark for my skin!!!!!!! I have very pale skin with rosy undertones and this product made my skin look dark and dull!!! I think the one marketed in Korea must be different because alot of people in america have more darker skin i was surprised to find this too dark. Im going to return this to sephora and try the one marketed in korea and see if it's a better match for my skin. They must have changed this for sephora so it would be more westernized since more people have darker skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by goffbride99

This was awful! I read such great reviews on this product and was so hopeful only to be disappointed by the greasy film it left on my face. It look okay, minus the gray cast, for about two hours and then felt nasty and oily on my face. My quest for a good bb cream continues. Oh, and I did I mention this bb cream left me with 4 new zits and I rarely break out anymore???

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by syrinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite BB so far. A pretty good match for my light skin, but I would prefer a range of shades to select from. That said, I like the way this one applies and covers. Stays put and has good protection at SPF35. I have oily skin and when set with some powder this wears well and stays fresh. Smashbox was disagreeable with my skin and Bobbi was too yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by iheartcoco

Only comes in one color. I have medium to fair skin (blonde/blue eyes) and it is too light. I believe this is made for really fair asian skin and will even out skin tone, but Yikes I looked scary white/pale. Note I would no have used in my earlier days with acne oily skin (no bb cream as all are very creamy/dewy-I've tried 4) I mix with a really dark base makeup just so I can use it....It has nice texture, great coverage and reflective quality, but cheaper garnier bb cream in a small variety of shades works just as well if not better:) just not as much spf as DJ blk label. So if you are extremely fair or like porcelain white skin go for it:)