Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

3.4

Water , Glycerin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Petrolatum , Cyclomethicone , Soybean Glycine Soya Stearols , Isopropyl Isostearate , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-10 Soy Sterol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Carbomer , Tetrasodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Diazolidinyl Urea , Ethylparaben , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 1/24/2015 7:13:00 PM

I've been using this moisturiser for years and I love it!
No matter how aggravated or sensitive my skin has become, this moisturiser has soothed, hydrated and never caused breakouts.
I will say however that I'm not fond of the the other 'combination' formula of this moisturiser. I found that it broke me out.

on 1/23/2015 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- unscented
- light
- pump for the bottle

cons:
- comedogenic
- leaves skin dry
- does nothing

This was definitely disappointing I gave it a chance for two months and it hardly moisturized my skin. It actually left it feeling more dry than before, and caused a lot of flaky skin :/ (probably from the alcohol) to top it off left a nice patch of zits on the tops of my cheeks. ( I never break out there). maybe this would work better for oily skin??
-but honestly the neutrogena products I've tried have all been disappointing, after this I'm staying away.

on 12/20/2014 2:42:00 AM

I really love this moisturizer. I use it as my night time moisturizer because its light but very moisturizing at the same time. I have used this for years and years, sometimes I stray and try other things but I always come back to this one because it keeps my skin moisturized and it doesnt cause breakouts or irritate my pores and has no fragrance.

Only complaint is it just keeps getting more and more expensive. Sometimes I will purchase the generic brand because of the price, but I would like to keep with neutrogena if they would stop raising their prices on skincare items : /

on 12/18/2014 10:56:00 PM

I was looking for a moisturizer that had no SPF or scent and I found exactly what i was looking for. It is hydrating and doesn't cause breakouts, it evenly moisturizers my face and doesn't leave my face feeling oily as others can do. It works perfectly with the other neutrogena cleansers. I love the packaging as most moisturizers are in a tub but this one is in a squirt bottle which is more hygienic. Would defiantly buy again!

on 12/12/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an okay product nothing special

on 11/15/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Been using this for about four years now. My skin has been all over the place in that time, from dry to combination to oily, and this moisturized has worked well for me through all of it's conditions. This doesn't have SPF, which is a drawback for some, but it was exactly what I was looking for. No scent, doesn't cause breakouts, doesn't sting my sensitive skin--everything I needed in a moisturizer. It takes me 3 to 4 months to use a whole bottle, so it's well worth the $9-10 I pay for it. [Psst! The less expensive generic drugstore knock-offs of it aren't bad either ;)]

on 10/29/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this Sensitive moisturizer for three weeks and my skin was clear and soft. My only complaint was that my skin seemed to get oily in the T-zone by mid-afternoon so I figured I would use the Sensitive one at night and the "Combination" moisturizer during the day. Wow, the Combination formula didn't work for my skin (bad breakout, rough skin) after two days. So, I'll go back to using the Sensitive one only, and will do half a pump as suggested by another reader.

Really good product, see my full in-depth review @

on 9/8/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried Shiseido Pureness line, Clinique, Clarins Daily Energiser and Hydra Matte Line. All were for combination skin, but left my skin feeling quite dry and tight, even causing me to break out. Fed up with the results I was getting I switched to Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive, which I've been on for about one month now.

Within the first week I noticed my acne was clearing up and my skin was soft and wonderfully hydrated. But then on two pumps there was a period where I had little bumps on my skin, as some MUA's have noticed too on use. In shock horror, I exfoliated two to three times a week and even contemplated switching moisturizers when there was no improvement.

I now use half a pump on my face, the other on my neck and the bumps have almost gone. In combination with Manuka Honey (Active +5) face wash twice daily, my skin tone is improving, my acne scars have faded slightly and my oily t-zone and acne breakouts are being controlled much better (than what Neutrogena Oil Free could do alone). I do get a SLIGHT sheen in summer only, but nothing my oil absorbing sheets can't fix.

Note: I do not use toner. I found it makes my face produce more oil as it was being stripped away by the toner(s) I used (even those that were alcohol free).

It has taken a lot of patience and it pays to stick to a moisturizer for at least three months upon switching, as your skin takes time to adjust to something new. I do like the results I see at present.

What I love is that the lotion is light weight, non-greasy (with half pump to the face) and sinks into the skin quite quick. I do prefer to apply on a slightly moist face to lock in the moisture and pat til dry. I find that it also serves quite great under make up with, or without primer.

I would definitely recommend this product for acne-prone, sensitive/combination skin peeps. Whether I would buy it again...I may if the results improve even more by my third month with Oxy5 in tow, otherwise I will switch to Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturiser.

on 8/26/2014 3:14:00 AM

I bought this moisturizer based on the reviews on here and had good expectations. I have combination skin, and this moisturizer provides no where near enough moisture for my normal-dry areas. However for oily skin, this product would be great. Although the moisturizer wasn't enough for me, it did not break me out like the SPF version of the Oil-Free line. Also, it was not greasy and was quite lightweight.

Popular Moisturizers