April 16, 2014 | 1776 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay eyeliner in Black Brown

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Dana181

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a crayon twist-up eyeliner. I have rather oily lids, so this doesn't last very long without smudging to my bottom lids. I've tried it on my waterline and it still smudged. If you don't have watery eyes or oily lids, then this will most likely last much longer on you.

I was satisfied with the pigmentation, but it applied unevenly on my lids creating some sports that were darker than others. Also, the sharpener sucks and I wasted a lot of the product because it kept crumbling while I was trying to sharpen it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin, nor will I repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This used to be one of my favorite brown liners, until it became impossible to get it on!! I don't get what happened either, since none of my other colored CS liners got like that. I literally had to scrape it on, and when I did, it still barely showed up. Very disappointed. Ended up throwing mine out. I LOVE the others ones I have though, they definitely aren't as waxy and show up really well! Not sure if I just had it too long or what, and maybe there was just buildup, but it pretty much became ineffective even after I tried to rub it on my hand repeatedly. Fail. The Blackberry and Teal ones are awesome though, they don't give me problems and go on really well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This is the perfect brown for me. It goes great with my blue eyes and makes them stand out. I love the applicator...its nice and stiff for precise application. I use the side for my lash line and the tip of the applicator is PERFECT for making winged eyeliner look fantastic and flawless! I like the liquid's consistency...its very matte and pigmented. I wear this almost every day...a thin line can be subtle but enough to define your eyelid for a daytime look. At the same time it can be applied thick and winged for a more dramatic look.

I gave it a 4 because if my eyes water at all and I'm wearing this product with a wing...it starts to fade and disappear. But that's not enough for me to stop buying it so it will be in my makeup collection at all times!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by teendian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the color in black for 2 years now and love. However, I decided to go for a softer look but with black still present. So I picked up the eyeliner in black brown. When I applied it to my waterline it wasn't dark enough and I just didn't like it. It doesn't last long but the one in black does. When I put in on, it was difficult because the color just wouldn't come out right on me. Plus my eyes were getting all watery and the color just vanished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Matte blackened brown, creamy pencil liner. Not as harsh as straight-up black. Perfect shade for everyday wear for my coloring (AAB, NC25, dark brown eyes, nearly-black hair). Hard to smudge once set. Surprisingly long wearing even on my oily lids (I only line my upper lash line though). Requires a waterproof eye makeup remover to remove.

Packaging - Skinny automatic (twist-up) pencil liner, same as many lip liners. Product shade is denoted by the cap color and the base piece which pulls off to reveal a hidden plastic sharpener. Generally I don't buy pencils that need to be sharpened (I hate having to tote around a sharpener, cleaning it, and wasting product in the process). Personally I like a fat line anyway, but it's nice to know that it packs its own sharpener.

Overall - Pleasantly surprised by this drugstore find, and I wouldn't have tried it if I hadn't read such good things about it on MUA :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by tiffanysheree

I wear eyeliner every day, but had never purchased this product. I happened to buy it in one of those "bonus" packages (it came w/ two for the price of one) so I decided to try it out. I previously purchased Avon glimmersticks. I LOVE this eyeliner! It gives good definition, but when I feel like smudging it with a small eyeliner brush it smudges well and stays put. My eyes and eyelids are pretty big so I've never really had big issues w/ eyeliner smudging when I didn't want it to, but a few days after using this eyeliner, I used my Avon glimmersticks...and noticed a bit of smudging in my inner corners that I didn't have to worry about w/ the Revlon product. I can't wait to buy this in other colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Goes on smooth and gives my eyes a sharp polished look. The color is great with my light brown eyes. It last through my 8 hour work shift with a little smudge on the waterline(I have oily skin). It last longer than MAC powerpoint for sure! I will be buying other colors soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by skylinejewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! Black-brown is not that harsh colored that you can still use during the day, or apply it darker and use it at night. This eyeliner lasted all day for me (with just a teeensy bit of smudging - nothing that a qtip couldn't solve). Lasts 10x as long as MAC's Technakohl eyeliners at a better price! My HG for eyeliners. Can't wait to try out all the other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kaytasha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing for daytime wear! Makes my brown eyes pop, but isn't as harsh as black and looks better then brown (which I also own and is great in its own right). Buy this and you won't be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Came back to edit this review. This product is on the fence for me. By itself it seems to lose staying power, however layered over another pencil, shadow, gel, etc. it holds up. Great shade of black-brown, not too harsh and not too subtle either. Would repurchase, but am going to wait for another bogo sale as my Clinique Black/Brown quickliner blows this out of the water, but this Revlon one is nice on days when I want a less intense look.

Edit: 05/15/2010: Would not repurchase, the BOGO savings isn't all that great, would prefer just to have my Clinique.