L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

on 8/5/2014 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great building or base mascara and it holds my curl.Good for dramatic eye look and it's long lasting. Recommend!

Cons:The tip of the brush is too big for my eyes :C

on 7/21/2014 9:34:00 AM

I love this stuff when I need a super-intense black lash. I don't love it on it's own, but over my usual Maybelline Waterproof products, its stellar. When on it's own it's too wet and clumpy.

on 7/14/2014 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara has been my go-to Mascara for over 20 years. I've strayed and tried other low and hi-end mascaras, but this is by far the best. The coverage is amazing, the carbon black is downright inky. You might think that is too bold for daily wear (particularly if you have blond or red hair), but I assure you it isn't. The texture straight out of the tube is what makes the difference. It is JUST thick enough that it really coats and lengthens the lashes and the applicator wand separates the lashes. If you want to thicken, throw on a second coat. I guarantee those around you will take notice - even if you're batting those lashes at your own cat.

on 5/29/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Love love love!!! Just as their Reg CB mascara, I get wonderful luscious, thick lashes. I've had zero problems w/ running or smudging & even tho it's WP, I find it easy to remove. Will be my go to summer mascara. My lashes still feel nice & soft. And lastly, the pigment is just AMAZ! Rich deep black color. Will buy again next summer. Love Volume mascaras & this is so very often on sale for only 6.99 ish @ Target in Toronto Canada.
UPDATE: If I put one coat of Benefit They're Real, then top it off w/ just one coat of (this) WP Voluminous Carbon Black, I can get a false lash look. One's great for length, the other volume...& again, ZERO flaking & smudging!! Perfect summer-time mascara combo.

on 5/20/2014 2:06:00 AM

I've been using this mascara for a few weeks now and I do not like it. I'll start by saying that I have oily skin especially on my lids. I always use a waterproof mascara so I don't get the dreaded "raccoon eyes". This mascara smudged like CRAZY! I couldn't believe how bad it smudged. I had mascara all over my eye both on the lid and under my eye by the end of the day and I'm not one to rub my eyes. I've never had a waterproof mascara smudge this bad. Ever. As I said before, I've always worn waterproof mascara and normally I never have a problem removing it with makeup remover. This mascara was a pain in the you know what to get off. I used face wash and eye makeup remover and I still couldn't get it all off. There were many mornings that I work up with raccoon eyes even after washing my face and using eye makeup remover. Ridiculous! I will not be buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I tried to adore this mascara and almost did! But it smudges so much I just can't. It's a shame because this mascara provides lashes length, volume and a beautiful curl with no effort. I owned L'oreal's Voluminous Original mascara too and I have to say this one works better at volumizing eyelashes overall. But just after a couple of hours I looked in the mirror and saw ten little black patches all over my under eyes and cheeks! It smudges SO bad!
It's sad a mascara with so much potential has the smudging problem, even when it's packaging says it's waterproof... Oh well, back to Etude House's 3 Step Volumecara.

on 3/22/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the sooty black and the volume this gives my fine but long lashes but this smudges something terrible. For waterproof that is inexcusable. I bought it 3 times thinking I had old tubes or something because I loved the look initially but I had to give up on this. Sad.

on 3/12/2014 8:36:00 PM

I had high expectations for this mascara, but was very disappointed. Smudged all over, looked horrible. Used it once never again. Ill stick to my lashblast or maybelline colossal.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like: the big fat brush, the dark color and that the mascara gives volume and effect with minimal effort.

I dislike: the damage done to my eye area to remove the stuff, the smudging and the clumping.

Overall this is super cheap and okay for volume and to look awake, but not a favorite when the are so many other mascaras

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good price and your average mascara packaging. This mascara wears very well throughout the day, applies easily and dries quickly. I love the applicator, and don't find it to cause clumps at all. I use this as an everyday work mascara during allergy season.