October 21, 2014 | 1615 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ksi218

I've been using this mascara for a few weeks now and I do not like it. I'll start by saying that I have oily skin especially on my lids. I always use a waterproof mascara so I don't get the dreaded "raccoon eyes". This mascara smudged like CRAZY! I couldn't believe how bad it smudged. I had mascara all over my eye both on the lid and under my eye by the end of the day and I'm not one to rub my eyes. I've never had a waterproof mascara smudge this bad. Ever. As I said before, I've always worn waterproof mascara and normally I never have a problem removing it with makeup remover. This mascara was a pain in the you know what to get off. I used face wash and eye makeup remover and I still couldn't get it all off. There were many mornings that I work up with raccoon eyes even after washing my face and using eye makeup remover. Ridiculous! I will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I tried to adore this mascara and almost did! But it smudges so much I just can't. It's a shame because this mascara provides lashes length, volume and a beautiful curl with no effort. I owned L'oreal's Voluminous Original mascara too and I have to say this one works better at volumizing eyelashes overall. But just after a couple of hours I looked in the mirror and saw ten little black patches all over my under eyes and cheeks! It smudges SO bad!
It's sad a mascara with so much potential has the smudging problem, even when it's packaging says it's waterproof... Oh well, back to Etude House's 3 Step Volumecara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I love the sooty black and the volume this gives my fine but long lashes but this smudges something terrible. For waterproof that is inexcusable. I bought it 3 times thinking I had old tubes or something because I loved the look initially but I had to give up on this. Sad.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Kait89

I had high expectations for this mascara, but was very disappointed. Smudged all over, looked horrible. Used it once never again. Ill stick to my lashblast or maybelline colossal.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I like: the big fat brush, the dark color and that the mascara gives volume and effect with minimal effort.

I dislike: the damage done to my eye area to remove the stuff, the smudging and the clumping.

Overall this is super cheap and okay for volume and to look awake, but not a favorite when the are so many other mascaras

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Good price and your average mascara packaging. This mascara wears very well throughout the day, applies easily and dries quickly. I love the applicator, and don't find it to cause clumps at all. I use this as an everyday work mascara during allergy season.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by talaaasorenson

I don't know what all the hype is about with this mascara. I see so many celebrities use this and I don't understand why. I am not blessed with nice lashes and I thought this would make them somewhat noticeable. I do admit it is super black and it is a pain to remove it because it is waterproof, but it smears and smudges like there's no tomorrow. The brush is pretty simple and it has so much product on it. I always end up wiping off all the leftover product with a tissue and I just feel like its a waste. If you want to get your money's worth, try using it as a gel liner. Just take some product from the brush with your eyeliner brush, and for me it works pretty well. It's matte, dark, and waterproof.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What happened? I swear this used to be better, I remember purchasing it multiple times in the past. My latest go-round with this will be my last. I can't believe it's supposed to be waterproof - after just a couple hours (and no sweat/oiliness/water involved) it smudged and I had it under my eyes. Doesn't give much volume either, would be a nice everyday/nearly natural mascara if it actually lasted longer. It is a nice, super black color. Gave it higher marks for price (L'oreal goes on sale pretty frequently, it's not that expensive to begin with) and packaging but that's it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

This stuff is awful!!!!! I do recall trying the regular formula and it worked amazingly so I purchased the waterproof version during summertime and mind you I was in air conditioning all day but it gave me raccoon eyes like no other!! I was so upset and embarrassed at how such a hyped up amazing mascara's waterproof version could be that horrible. There is nothing waterproof about it lol and I have oily eyelids as well. It literally smudged so bad that I looked like I had 2 black eyes. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to call it waterproof. I also lost the receipt to it so I couldn't even exchange it for another one. Bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a while but the last tube I bought was horrible. It was as if the tube end that is supposed to squeeze off the excess product was not there or something and the brush is a big old clumped up mess! Has anyone else noticed this? I had to keep wiping off the product on the top of the tube just so I could wear it. Maybe my tube was faulty? I will not buy this ever again!