Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

on 10/15/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After neither Teint Couture nor Eclat Matissime worked well on my skin, I decided to give Photo'Perfexion a try.

Shade 4 (warm undertone) was a decent match for my yellow, NC20-25 skin and the satin finish was absolutely gorgeous and completely flawless. One of the best in recent memory.
Just wish it lasted that way!
Coverage was good, buildable to medium, but not full.
Sadly, although this isn't full of alcohol (barring any fatty derivatives), it was a bit drying on my dehydrated oily skin. Also, wear was just ok and oil control was bad.
Teint Couture and Eclat Matissime faded nicely, but this seemed to cake up, mixing foundation and oils in a rather unattractive way.

Ingredients: Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49%; Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.5%; Other: Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, Steareth-21, Caprylyl Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Steareth-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Disodium Distyrlbiphenyldisulfonate, BHT, Artemia Capillaris Flower Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Geraniol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 9/26/2013 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Dude I cannot believe I spent this much on my first foundation. Yep, I walked in Sephora, did a match and the gal recommended me this. She recommended Perfect Gold shade, which again looked dark and orange in natural sunlight. Oh, but I looked beautiful in the store though. Anyway, coverage is very great. And from what I remembered, it felt nice on my skin as well.

Again, I don't think I'll ever spend another $50 on foundation, unless the foundation clears my acne, dark spots, and make me look beautifully perfect. Other than that, I won't buy this one again :(

on 6/10/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I should drop a disclaimer that right before I started using this foundation, I switched to using a beauty blender sponge instead of a brush. I realized the switch to beauty blender really made a huge difference, but that means a lot of foundations I negatively rated prior to that weren't given a fair chance. so givenchy photo perfexion might actually be the same as the rest, but it seems way better to me due to the beauty blender. That being said, I'll focus on the durability and wear rather than the texture and how it works with pores (which is affected by the beauty tool you use).

Right out the bottle, the consistency reminds me most of MUFE HD foundation or Nars Sheer Glow. Givenchy's feels a tad thicker. The finish is not matte, but not as dewy as Nars, MUFE HD, UD Naked, or YSL Eclat. Applied on my dry face, I could seen a bit of a sheen but not greaseball. If you are oily, you will want to set this with a good setting or mattifying powder. It does get pretty shiney throughout the day. But I did not get nearly as oily as I did with the other foundies mentioned above.

The coverage is light-medium. It would be difficult to obtain very full coverage with this, as it's kinda "slippery" and doesn't build up very well. I was able to even out my skin tone, cover freckles and light acne scarring. But my very pigmented scars and the broken capillaries around the nose still needed concealer.

What I like about this is that there is indeed a sorta translucent glow to it, very similar to Nars Sheer Glow. It doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. I still like this better than Nars Sheer Glow simply because this wears better throughout the day. I've also tried the Givenchy Eclat Matissime (matte foundation), which was also nice and better in durability but didn't provide the lit-from-within glow like this.

Overall, this is best for combo and dry skin but I think oily skin can handle this as well as long as you don't mind the touch up and blotting maintenance and having to use setting powder. This is a great foundation under harsh lighting, but the SPF will bounce back white in photos so I don't know why they call this Photo'Perfexion.

I am more or less a neutral leaning NC25 and I bought this in the new shade Perfect Cinnamon. It's light neutral-yellow in undertone, not as strong of yellow as MAC or Nars foundations, but not beige either.

on 5/18/2013 4:44:00 AM

I love this stuff. Medium coverage great texture ( not the best scent) and gives the skin such a beautiful natural look! The only down side is I have to mix "Warm Ginger" and "Perfect Praline" which is costly, but this and Lancome 24h are my top two!

on 4/23/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I got this foundation in Perfect Almond and I must say that I always have difficulty finding one to match my NC45 complexion as I don't wear them often anyways. I loved the look and the feel of this one on my skin, as I like light coverage, it is definitely buildable! And I love that it has and SPF of 20. It feels super light and gave me that radiant soft dew glowy look which I adore. I love that it's a pump and all I need is one pump. I would repurchase but of course I'd have to actually finish the bottle 1st.

on 3/19/2013 2:57:00 PM

I'm 57 and have bought plenty of foundations in my life. This is simply the best I ever tried. It makes your skin look absolutely flawless, plumper, and bright. It cover like a dream yet looks totally natural. I will never stop using this brand. Thank you Givenchy!!

on 3/17/2013 8:15:00 AM

This is an absolutely gorgeous liquid foundation (I normally am not so keen towards liquid). I don't know what it is about this magical fluid but it somehow manages to make me look as though I have nothing on my skin but instead like I have naturally airbrushed skin, covering all the imperfections while enhancing the good parts. It allows my skin-tone to shine through and literally just smooths out any flaws I might be dealing with on any given day - discoloration, blotchiness, pores, et al..It's non-drying, too. The finish isn't quite a matte look but not uber dewy either; it's a nice blend of both worlds, in my opinion, or, perhaps one could call it a satin-y finish!
To sum it all up, this product gives me my skin (read: not a mask lol), however, an almost "perfect" version of it (hence the name!). By the way, it doesn't irritate nor bother my sensitive and easily inflamed akin, despite it having a very light, pretty scent to it - which is major for me.
Finally, I think I may have found my HG!?!?!
FYI: I have this in "Perfect Praline #5"
Posted:
03/17/2013
Anna

on 3/11/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG foundation. I wear the shade 5 Perfect Praline and it is the perfect match for me. The shade range is very much on the lighter side, so darker skintoned ladies might have a difficult time finding a suitable match given the limited color range. It's extremely light weight, blends seamlessly into my skin and leaves behind a satin finish that just looks like healthy skin. I apply this with a synthetic kabuki brush (the Sigma one) and it creates a really flawless finish. Coverage is light to medium and the formula is quite liquidity. It dries very fast so blending is key. I find that applying with my fingers does not result in as nice of a finish as applying with my brush.

on 3/9/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

One of my favorite foundations ever! I am about a MAC NC37/Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SX-11/Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Natural Tan/Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk 7/Bourjois Healthy Mix 55, and I've found a perfect match for my neutral-to-warm yellow-olive skin in Perfect Pecan 106. It really gives me a flawless finish with medium coverage, without the cakeyness, and best of all doesn't break me out (I'm acne-prone).

on 3/2/2013 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation. I was using MUFE HD liquid fdtn but while it matched my skin, it was causing breakouts. I have tried Cover FX, Korres, Tarte, Clinique, Nars, Armani, etc.. and it always looked like I had a layer of makeup on (either the color was off or it would separate due to my oily T-zone), or caused breakouts, or just didn't cover well/disappeared after a few hours.

Perfect Praline matches my skin exactly, it melts right in and I used to use a ton of concealer (MUFE or Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage) but this foundation covers acne scars decently without feeling heavy, and I only use a little bit of concealer for active blemishes. It gives my skin a nice even look and lasts all day. I was looking for something that made my my skin glowy without being shiny or shimmery, that wouldn't break me out more, and this lived up to all my expectations based on reviews I read!