August 29, 2014 | 1863 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Lash DNA

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by actress981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara works fine as far as providing length and volume. However, it takes forever to dry, and inevitably smears all over my face! Plus, it's impossible to remove. Even with eye-make up remover and a quality face wash, I still wake up with raccoon eyes the next morning. Got it for $9 at Nordstrom Rack, but even at that price, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by huntermekare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the bad reviews - this is my favorite non-waterproof mascara (which is why I don't use it all the time... I need waterproof in case there's a really sad ASPCA commercial on). I have thick curled lashes so I want length and separation - the formula doesn't clump on me and lengthens and then the gigantor crazy brush does the rest of the work.
It's on the final call section of the smashbox site - which means it will be discontinued shortly. I guess I'll clean off the brush and use it in another mascara and hope.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the formulation, but hate the brush. I find this is best applied on top of an existing mascara. When applied by itself it gets messy and ends up in my eyes which makes them water. Smashbox says their mascaras are okay for sensitive eyes, but something about them makes my eyes water.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ytchiu316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This WAS an ok mascara, but its was really disappointing to see the mascara smudge after nearly 4 hrs during my 8 hr shift. What a shame.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I bought this mascara thinking that it would give my lashes a lot of volume. It actually doesn't do much for my lashes because it still sticks straight out. The wand is shaped like a dna helicase but I find the application very awkward. Very disappointing especially for the price I paid.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by purplepan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If there were a definitely not option under "would you buy this again" I would definitely have chosen that. I was so disappointed in this product. I usually love smashbox but this was an epic fail. It was utterly useless and I felt like it didn't do anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by mbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow. I'm so suprised at the negative reviews.
Now finally THIS is a mascara that does it's job.
I already have long curly lashes, but I find that this makes my lashes look so thick and long and voluminous. When I put this on, people comment how on they want to kill me because of my lashes. lol.

I swiped this gem from my sister so I got it for free so I can't really comment on the price. But I would so rebuy this again.

The trick with this mascara is that you have to hold your eyelids open while you swipe it on up and down...ok well I can't describe it but the way I do it, it makes my lashes look amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by LeClaireT210

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this via a 500 pt Sephora bonus. I had never tried a Smashbox product and was super excited to give it a try. First impression was promising...thought the brush was really different from my HG Lashblast. I applied it by dragging it up my lashes rotating the wand. I did like the darkness of my lashes however it failed at keeping my curl and providing any volume. Also as the day continued it kept flaking....grr! This is def not a repurchase for me and thank goodness it was just a sample!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised by all of the negative reviews for LASH DNA; it works really well for me.

One coat of LASH DNA is all I really need for noticeably longer, beautifully separated, evenly coated, non-clumpy lashes. Because of the perfect separation my eyes look much more alert. Plus, it holds my curl all day. I prefer to use two coats, as it slightly improves my volume (It doesn't claim to give volume, so I can't complain that the increase is only slight). I've been using LASH DNA for around two years and have never had any problems with smudging or flaking. This mascara is also easy to remove, but has never ran on me.

I love the double-helix shaped brush. Yes it's big, but no bigger then Diorshow or similar, so if you're used to that you shouldn't have any problems with LASH DNA. The shape of the brush separates, fans and curls lashes, right from the roots to the tips, so my eyes really pop.

I've used both a mini tube and a regular tube and I think most of the reviews are by people how have used the mini tube; the mini tube's wand is too short and the shape of the brush is sort of squashed, so you need the regular tube to see the benefits with this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not impressed at all. Formula was seemingly dry and left my eyelashes looking wimpy, even after I swiped on a couple of coats. No volume, no length, no curl, not even very dark. Pass.