July 22, 2014 | 2061 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Smokin' Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jillianh

A really nice little kit that I use alot, although slightly expensive, it definitely lasts ages, I've had it for almost half a year and there's still hundreds of product left.
The packaging is the usual benefit cardboard with nice feeling paper over it, but it has lasted quite well, most of the benefit powders i own are very scruffy but this looks almost new.
I actually love the little tweezers, they are very handy, At first I thought they were too sharp but realised this was a good thing. Yes, they are small but I reckon that makes me be more precise. Although at the same time, my hands are extremely small too.
I LOVE the brow wax, before this kit, I never thought about my brows much. Sure, I tweezed away strays, got them waxed, but that's it. I hate seeing girls with that drawn on eyebrow look, But this wax is amazing, perfect colour for my dark brown brows, makes them stand out in a good way and look natural and tidy. Easily my favourite product in the kit.
My main reason for taking a point off is the eyebright. I've never tried the full size version so I can't compare. But, it is just far too difficult to get out. I rub my finger on it and nothing comes out. It is just too dry, they should have maybe put a mini pencil in instead. If i use all my strength and get some out, I find it almost painful to apply because it is so dry and sticky, it gives an ok effect but tends to rub away any concealer or foundation that's already there.
The little eyeliner is ok, not super pigmented, but good for quickly doing the inner rim of the bottom lid,
The brush is suprisingly good for the size and work well with all products. The only thing is having to use the same brush for more than one product.
The shadows are lovely, at first I thought it was strange to include a pink instead of a silver, but it actually works well. The pink is brilliant for dabbing on your browbone and even cheekbones. A really good highlighter.
The middle grey colour is my favourite, quite similar in colour to the skinny jeans cream shadow but gives a different effect. It is smoky but not too drastic.
The darker liner shadow is ok, I tend not to use it so much, as i prefer to use a gel eyeliner on my top lid, but it is a good for a softer daytime look,
So, overall this is a great little kit, and has proven to come in handy lots.I just wish the eyebright was better. And the brow wax may be too dark for people with very fair brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

- I LOVE the tweezers (and how the case is magnetic so that you als cannot lose the tweezers easily).

- Surprisingly the brushes are great quality, makes the eyeshadows blend easily and smoothly.

- The eye pencil is ok, it's nothing special but good for travel.

- I like how it's a 2 in 1 kind of kit in for eyelids and eyebrows.

- The colors are good, the pewter isn't too dark, I can conceivably wear these shades during the daytime without it being too much, but looks like the color saturation can be adjustable for night time use.

I bought this for travel use because it's small in size and has a lot of stuff included.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Cazzy21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this on in store after having my eyebrows tinted and waxed and was in the mood for a little pamper. I absolutely fell in love with the colours!!!

She did a beautiful job applying it and talked me through exactly how she achieved the look. They blend easily and can be layered lighter for the day and darker in the evening, I love the layout however it lost a lippy as the eyebright is a bit pants. Dry and hard to apply, but worth the purchase for the colours!

Price is definitely a bit steep at 28.50, would consider purchasing from ebay at better price!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by GlitterMuffin773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine had this product and it intrigued me. Needless to say I tried it and absolutely loved it. The shadows are great and if you have the skill you can use them to create both day and night time looks. I like to soften the smudging for work during the day, but can wear it more intense out to dinner with the girls on the weekend, too. Very good product...recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Tabithacate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colours in this set are great, you are given a base, a prep and an overall colour which is a lovely smokey silver, which is not to harsh and comes out lovely.
It is easy and smooth to apply. There is also an eye brightener cream in the set, which I tend to use before applying the eye shadow to perk up my eyes a bit.
The brow zings in it are great also which I use everyday over pencil to highlight my eyebrows and make them a bit darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Have to say this, I didn't buy this myself, I got it as a gift.

Mirror - Large and clear mirror, I like it.

Pink shadow - You can barely see it when you put it on. Almost useless.

Silver shadow - Looks a bit dirty, not pigmented enough. Makes lids shiny but not in a nice pretty way. I don't really know how to describe it. I would say this is ok overall.

Dark brown shadow - Its ok for an outer corner colour but it would be nice if it was darker.

"Smokin" liner - I found this average, nothing to shout about really. The lasting power isn't too great.

Double ended brush - The fluffy brush is good for blending, but I didn't really like it too much for putting the colour on. I liked the angled brush though, I use it for both the brow wax and using it with the dark brown shadow as liner.

Brow wax - I find it good, easy to apply, looks nice and natural. Good product.

Highlighting wax - Gets really grubby and disgusting, after the first use the product started grouping together in clumps which makes it harder to apply afterwards. Its a good highligher for the inner corner though but its not amazing.

Tweasers - Very sharp which is a good thing for pulling the hairs from the root, but extremely hard to use as they are so short, so I tend not to use them.

At first I felt a bit mean about writing a bad review about this product but when I looked at the price (�28) I'm not anymore because its supposed to be way better than this. Sometimes I think that the high price tag benefit puts on its products is because of the nice packaging and novelties, and if you think about it, it's a bit of a rip off. Overall I would not recommend this there are many many similar brow gels out there that do the same job. The only unique thing is that it puts everything in one compact place and the packaging is cool.

Edit: Its been two years and I have recently read a review about this palette. The girl used the pink shadow as a cheek highlight... so i tried it. genius! So subtle and pretty but not in any way shimmery. I would describe it as a candlit glow. Use the pink shadow all the time now. Also I've discovered that this is the most useful palette in the world to throw in your handbag, I don't know why I didn't see that before! The reason is it has such a large and nice mirror (how many times have you felt your makeup not being where it should be, or needed to check something on your face when you're out... etc.), its just so useful. Also this palette contains everything you need to freshen you up and give your makeup an extra pow if you feel a bit crap and tired... bit of eyeliner (i'm an eyeliner addict), inner corner brightening, eyebrow shaping and cheek highlighting and you're good to go on the go! I don't know, but my opinion has completely changed about this product and see it more as handy instead of useless. I've decided to give it 4 lippies because I use it a lot!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty palette that's good for a weekend away or if you're the type to touch up your makeup a lot during the day. However if you're looking for a dramatic smoky eye then there's no way the shades are pigmented enough. It contains a shimmery pewter and pink shadow duo, a matte dark grey shadow, eye bright, brow zings, black eyeliner pencil, double sided brush (fluffy/slanted) and a mini tweezers. The standout is the highlight shadow which gives a beautiful non-glittery sheen to cheekbones, browbones and cupid's bow and is probably the best powder highlighter I've used to date. The other shades are pretty for an inoffensive day smoky eye which you can layer up for a light evening look. Eye bright works well but can be hard to dig out. Brow zings is too reddish-toned for me. The blender brush is quite good though the slanted brush is too thin. The tweezers do a good job and the eyeliner is pretty meh, though decent in a pinch. It comes with an excellent mirror (something I always appreciate in a palette). Overall I wouldn't be rushing out to buy this again (although I'd love to get my hands on an individual pink shadow) but I suspect I could be swayed as it's quite a handy thing to have in your bag and can give a very pretty finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this product as a gift from a friend and I really like it a lot. The eye shadows that it come with are very pigmented and soft to the touch. They go on really well. The deep charcoal shadow is soft like butter. It also comes with a brow wax which unfortunately is a bit too dark for my brows. It's brown and I have blonde lashes. I wish they had a kit with lighter wax. It also comes with an eye bright which is very good. A few other things in this kit are little tweezers which are really nice to have, a double sided brush and a small black eyeliner. The kit also has a mirror. Benefit's packaging is really cute and I think that is one reason why their prices are so high

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by KGJxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product mainly because the eyeshadows are just perfect. The pink highlight shadow and pewter grey are gorgeous colours, they are very subtly shimmery and soft looking, and very easily blendable. I'd buy these on their own if Benefit did these shades (which they may well do, I'll have to look into this). I don't really use the black eyeshadow as I find the first two are usually enough. The eyeliner is nice and I am already a fan of Brow Zings wax so that's a nice bonus. The only things I would change about it would be the eye bright, it's way too hard and chalky to apply with fingers - maybe a mini pencil would have been better. I've never really been a fan of the Tweezies either, they're too small, sharp and stiff. Also the price is definitely too steep for this tiny little kit. Overall though, it's great quality stuff and does what it says on the box.

Also gals - be careful of buying cheap from eBay! I bought this kit from there and it turned out to be counterfeit (as many of the Benefit products on there are). I got a refund and treated myself to the real thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by bumblebeebramley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value, great product. I love benefit products, and this one does not disappoint. The shades in this kit were my staple smoky eye shades for a while. Great for beginners! The only reason I wouldn't purchase this again is because it was a gift, and I have found similar shades that are not in a kit - still a great product though!