Coastal Scents Concealer Palette

Squalane, Octyl Palmitate, Beeswax, Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Petrolatum, Propylparaben. May Contain : Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 5/22/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this product about a 3weeks ago and expected it to come about 2 weeks after, but instead, it ended up coming a 3 days after. I was so excited to try it out, seeing that all the gurus i watch on youtube use this product. i am a huge concealer junkie, so you can only imagine my excitement. I have many palettes from coastal scents and they are wonderful products considering the price. So i had high expectations for this palette.. which met almost all of them.

The palette itself, like alot of coastal scent's palettes are kind of cheap looking, but overall sturdy. Inside, you are presented with a total of 10 ( yes, i said 10 ) different shades of concealers. Ranging from cool undertones, and warm. Of course, you are able to mix the concealers to get your perfect shade and undertone, which is something i could never find. A great thing about this palette is that you can use it year round. Lighter colors for winter, darker for summer.. ect. I am an NC 25 - 30 and i am able to use all 10 of the concealers. There are a couple shades that are kind of too peachy colored to be used alone, but i use those as corrective colored concealers for dark circles under my eyes ( aaaahhhmazing ! ) And there are 4 shades that i can use to contour with seeing that they are easily blended.. i just make sure i set everything after i apply to avoid my face melting off.

The concealers are very very creamy at first, but after a while, they did dry up a little bit. So instead of " very very creamy " , theyre just " creamy " . That being said, they blend very easily. These concealers can be worn as medium coverage when using minimal product to full on coverage when built up. However, despite being a full coverage concealer, it will not look cakey if your face is moisturized and / or primed ( or they will feel and look dry on the skin ) .. if worn under the eyes, BE SURE to moisturize and / or prime under the eye area to avoid the product from caking. The concealers are very pigmented , so a little does go a long way. The staying power is pretty good. It will last me almost all day without having to touch up at all.

The only thing i was disappointed with was the amount of product for each individual concealer . I dont know why, i just expected the concealers in the palette to be larger than they are. But for the price ( originally $ 16.95 , but i got it on sale for $ 11.02 .. why the two cents, i dont know ) i dont know why im complaining. Overall great product . Definitely worth the price, and i would recommend

UPDATE: one year later, and the concealers still have not dried out. They're still pretty creamy. If I want it creamier, I just simply heat them up with a blow dryer for a couple seconds. I also started using the lighter shades to shape my brows .. Love this product even more now.

on 4/30/2012 5:32:00 AM

This is my HG product. A real must have, especially when you're a makeup artist. (The 10 piece one)

The consistency is awesome and you can mix and match the shades. Its a thick consistency but when sheered out it has a velvety touch to it.
You can thin the product out with a wet sponge.
What i normally do is pick the shade(s) i want take my spatula and scrape some off.
I then put the product on the back of my hand (clean hands of course) and i warm up the product with my finger by swirling it around. I then apply it to the areas i want, even under the eyes! it looks amazing. Be sure to moisturize the area underneath your eyes or prime them. Just gives that extra good look.

I set this with the Ben Nye Banana or Neutral set powder (with a dampened sponge) and it stays all day! Minimal creasing under the eyes and great coverage.

I think i can compare this product to the MAC studio finish concealer. Its as thick and provides the same if not better coverage, doesn't contain spf (which i like for my clients as a make up artits, because of the white-out or flare in flash photography due to the titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide used to create the SPF protection) and you can't beat the price! Look it up on ebay and you'll find this for a much better price than CC or any brand that puts their label on it.

on 2/25/2012 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great if your trying to mix the perfect shade but wouldn't recommend if you just need one color (obviously). I got it to cover a tattoo...works great. I also use the salmony colored concealer (top row second from right) as an under eye concealer. TIP: Salmon colored concealers is considered "go to" for correcting the bluish hue under your eyes. I apply it after my foundation and it works amazing. Only Con...it dries out a little. You have to rub your finger over the product for a min to really warm it up (or use a blow dryer) and it gets a little flaky but I don't wear my makeup but for a few hours anyways so I don't complain much. Would&Wouldnt recommend.

on 1/1/2012 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I own the 15 palette- the corrector shades and higlight are nice. I really only use two shades, one for under-eye covering and one for pimples. As an under eye concealer I have found that when applied with my finger it does not give the best coverage and settles into tiny lines near my tear duct, which looks gross up close. But if I apply it with a flat concealer brush the consistency is much nicer. I have combination skin with the weirdest skin shade, so I like that this is a palette concealer since I can find the correct shade for me. In winter- the concealer is a little dry and powdery, but not too bad. Definetly better for the summer though.

on 10/1/2011 6:25:00 PM

Most of the shadows/blushes/concealers, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.

Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i love it! it's kind of big and barely fits in my makeup bag. but it's awesome. although its a shame i wont be able to use up all the shades. thumbs up, you guys should get it!

on 6/22/2011 6:37:00 AM

Very affordable. I have used a couple of concealers before and they have always been too orangey on my face and they wear off easily. I have been able to mix the right shade for my face with this palette and it doesn't come out looking patchy or cakes under my foundation. I have pretty red blemished skin and it conceals the redness well. I don't have to dab on too much of it either. Even without using a primer, just moisturizer, it stays on my face all day long. I guess the cons are that I don't really need 3 to 4 of the darker shades. Still thinking what I can do with those other colours!

on 3/22/2011 2:41:00 AM

I have the one with the color corrector colors in it as well as all the skin toned colors. I'm not sure if there's a difference between the product in either palette though. ANYWAYS I absolutely love this concealer. I've tried many, many concealers. I have redness, acne scars, and somewhat frequent pimples and this covers all over those flawlessly. I'd say this is similar to mac studio finish concealer but I like it way better. It's very creamy and easy to blend and covers flawlessly. I set this with maybelline dream matte powder and it doesn't budge for hours upon hours. This is the best concealer I've ever tried!!!

on 10/6/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have acne scar and redness. I have gone through tons and tons different concealer but the weird thing is that I have my coastal scent camouflage concealer palette sitting in my train case for almost half a year . When I first got it, I couldn't find the right shade, it was either too fair or too light so I stop using it. But today, I was experimenting with my concealers to figure out a face routine. Voila, I actually mix my right shade ( mix the lightest and darkest, adjusting the color) and try it on and it was spot on the right shade. It totally blur out my acne scar and was creamy smooth to blend without being overly drying and setting it with my powder. I finally can avoid using liquid foundation but just spot conceal and set with powder. I'm off to mix my concealer and put it in an empty pan.

Update: I've mixed and adjusted the concealer to my skintone and stored it in one of my mac compact powder which i've finished and i'm loving it. The coverage is amazing. I will update a photo of my face with acne scar and the after pics after I have the concealer on. I swear by it that the coverage is beautiful and natural. I would definitely recommend this product for those who have hyperpimentation and dark acne scarring like me.

on 5/17/2010 10:36:00 PM

A little bit goes a very long way! Very creamy and easily blendable, good pigment, and covers a variety of skin sins.
One problem that I've run into is that if you don't hurry up and set the concealer with a finishing powder after using under the eye area, it can crease. Otherwise, I haven't had an issue.
The pots are quite large, and I'm sure it will take me a very long time to get to the bottom.
Because the consistency is so creamy, it's easy to mix and create a custom color.
I have very sensitive skin, prone to breakouts and oiliness in the T-zone, and I haven't had any issues after using this almost daily for a few weeks.

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products