August 23, 2014 | 1125 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Sun Protecting Lip Balm SPF 8 with Passionfruit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

It's not that bad, but it's not that good either. I got this on the recommendation of a friend who said that it kept her lips from getting overly dry. I liked that it had some SPF, but there are better lipbalms out there with higher levels of SPF. The smell is awful and smells NOTHING like passionfruit. I feel misled by that claim because I was really hoping for a nice smelling lipbalm. This one smells like plastic. I just might throw it out since I have various other lipbalms that work SO much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by kiwioui

Application: not smooth at all
Look: White cast
Smell: a little plasticky
Purchase again: Definite no!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by syntheticaesthetics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally love all of the Burt's Bees lip balms, so I was unpleasantly surprised to discover this product was not nearly as good quality as the other BB lip balms I've tried. It moisturizes initially, but this does not last long and my lips even feel a bit drier afterward. The texture when applying it to your lips is gritty and crumbly. I've actually used paper towels to "buff" the top of the lip balm so that it applies smooth, but it returns to the same texture after a couple uses. This lip balm also gives a white cast, I'm assuming because of the SPF. Tthe Burt's Bees balms are usually excellent but for me, this one particularly was just disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wanted a lip balm with SPF for the pool and the passion-fruit sounded promising. Unfortunately this was a miss. Went on dry and crumbly. Also left a white cast, which I could deal with if the formula applied better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a decent product if you are looking for sun protection. I like the taste and smell. It isn't the most moisturizing product in the world but I like using it as a base to protect against the sun, under lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

ok first of all im surprised about all the bad reviews. Everyone is exagerating by "it falls off in chunks and is cakey". It is actually pretty smooth and it doesnt neccasarily need to moisurize 100 percent its supposed to protect your lips from the sun. Such a lovely smell and i put it on like...every hour. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the worst lip balm I've ever used. It's very difficult to apply and is dry and cakey; I've never felt anything like it. Really bad stuff. Conversely, their lip balm with pomegranate oil is one of the best I've ever used but it doesn't have spf which is a real shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is terrible. Just terrible. First off, the texture is GRAINY, when you run it over your lips it comes off in CHUNKS of little bits of white balm on your lips. You have to rub the product in forever just so the chunks will smooth and go away. Second, it leaves a white film over your lips which is just odd looking, and again, you have to rub it in forever just it goes away. As for moisturization, it does the standard job, it smells alright, but it's still terrible. I guess that's the price you pay for having an "all natural" product, but I most definitely will not be buying this again.

EDIT: I went from giving this 1 star to 4 stars, because I realized this lip balm still has a purpose. It is literally the ONLY drugsotre lip balm I've found that doesn't have oxybenzone, which is a chemical that may actually give you cancer! (Ironic, isn't it?) All my other ones SPF balms have oxybenzone. For those who are out in the sun everyday, this would be a really good balm as it has the natural SPF titanium dioxide that won't cause harm with more frequent use. You'll have to put up with the crappy texture, but it will be better for your health, and better than nothing at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Use this when I'm outdoors, applies nicely, pleasant fruity smell. The spf is a little low, maybe I should do some homework to see if it's enough, all in all I like the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I very much disliked this product because it made my lips really purple. I'm not sure if it's because of the color of my lips or some strange ingredients, but I just through it away after trying this product again and again in hopes of having a sort of SPF treatment for my lips. Needless to say, I'm never going to repurchase this product.