Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Did not hold my curl at all, in fact it made my freshly curled lashes droop as soon as I applied it. However, it's great for sensitive eyes and is the first mascara I've tried so far that doesn't irritate my eyes to the extreme after a few hours of wear. Easy to remove and doesn't clump, as long as you apply less than three layers.

on 9/29/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I will be buying this product again because it gets the job done (thickens my lashes naturally) but more importantly, it does NOT irritate my eyes!!! This is a HUGE plus- I love the look of mascara but most products I've tried, drugstore and high end, have caused horrible, painful irritation by the end of the day (I wear contacts, FYI). I can wear this mascara all day without experiencing any irritation. It also stays on quite well, with little product smearing below my eyes.

on 9/21/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is a decent mascara! Goes on pretty dark and I think it's thickening. I'd do more than one coat but I like it more than maybelline mascara. My ultimate favorite is L'oreal voluminous and if I feel like spending more, Clinique high impact.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This mascara doesn't look nearly as good on my lashes as it does on the beautiful girl in the picture on the MUA page. It looks like I don't even have mascara on. I have straight thin asian eyelashes, and I usually curl my lashes, then put on waterproof mascara which holds the curl, the layer on a volumizing washable mascara and it looks great, I get a lot of compliments on it. However, this actually drags down the curl and makes my lashes look spidery. Wouldn't recommend.

on 7/6/2013 2:29:00 AM

Terrible. Absolutely NO affect on the lashes, almost like having no mascara on. Don't waste your money. Massive disappointment.

on 6/30/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the one coat thickening waterproof for summer in black. I wouldn't repurchase because it did nothing for my lashes that are long with blonde tips...did nothin to thicken them like I wanted. Il buy fullNsoft waterproof that I kno works for my lashes for the summer. The Almaty looks natural and lengthened them but with two or more coats they stuck together and made them look sparse...haven't tried to remove it yet tho...that wil be tonight.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A really nice DAY TIME mascara. I have skimpy lashes (but they're long) so it does a nice job of bringing them out, however even the blackest black is nothing like Maybelline or L'oreal's blacks. It feels nice on, smells good. I need it for the days when I want healthy lashes and not dramatic lashes. I've been using it since I was a teenager and it is still the same. Def one of my staples. But again, I must re-iterate that it is a good office / day time look. Also, it only cost me $11.28, so I do not feel guilty about throwing it out after 3 months at that low price. My boyfriend likes it because it gives a more natural look (as he loathes heavy make up, as I find most men do).

UPDATE: Still adore this mascara. I use it often as the final coat to my Great Lash or Rimmel Scandal lash, or Body Shop as it locks in the eye lashes nicely and wonderful on these hot summer days as Almay does not smudge in humidity at all I find and I use the NON waterproof. Almay is a lovely classic indeed in my opinion. I do not think I ll ever give it up.

on 5/29/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Almay One Coat? Try TWENTY coats! This was such a disappointment. I wasn't expecting miracles, but I thought that one coat (hence the name) would do the job. I have to layer and layer this mascara just to get it to show -- and I even have blackest black. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because I do layer it over my Jordana Best Lash Extreme and it seems to separate my lashes nicely. So, I'll keep this for that purpose, but would not purchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was going to re-purchase my HG maybelline full n/soft, but decided to try something new. Like FnS, this a very natural looking mascara. Gives lashes nice definition, doesn't clump or flake, and lasts all day. I'm actually loving this more than FnS because it dries down even more soft, and does not dry out my lashes.

on 5/5/2013 4:51:00 PM

Light mascara; does not thicken or lengthen, but does go on smoothly with no clumps or flaking. Feels good on and is long lasting. I prefer a mascara that thickens and lengthens more.

Top Rated Almay Products