April 17, 2014 | 963 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Val9756

Light mascara; does not thicken or lengthen, but does go on smoothly with no clumps or flaking. Feels good on and is long lasting. I prefer a mascara that thickens and lengthens more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

Great every day mascara with workable, buildable coverage. I do find that I will need to wipe the excess from the tube before usage to get an even coating, but for the price point, a great go to. The added bonus is that Almay does not test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice natural-looking mascara. It wasn't very thickening, and it's sort of hard to build. I find for the best result, use a feathery and light application, not wiggling or twirling, etc. I was disappointed in the fact that it isn't thickening at all, but since it does not clump and looks great on its own, I'll keep it. The length of the wand is so great (shorter than average), and the bristles seem to work well for lower/shorter lashes. For a natural look, buy this, but if you're looking for ultra-thick black false-looking lashes, give this a pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I love this mascara! It goes on so easy and doesn't clump at all. I love the watery consistency. It doesn't flake off onto your face and doesn't smudge, yet it's easy to remove. It makes my lashes look so natural and not spidery at all. This is more of a light everyday mascara, so if you are looking for BIG volume and length, look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is another mascara that I used before HE brands. I only gave it 3 lippies because it does not thicken as it states. For me, it is just a "coating" mascara... maybe if you just need to add some color. I like the formulation. It isn't sticky (dries relatively fast...which is important for me!), doesn't flake, and doesn't bother my eyes. It also doesn't dry out fast in the tube. I had to throw it out after 3 months because it was replacement time, not because it was dry. However, it doesn't make my lashes look any different than before I applied it. I have naturally dark, relatively full lashes. I just like extra volume and length, but I got nothing with this. Disappointing with such a good formulation. :( I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by limecottoncandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara, I bought this in black noir and its very similar to my other mascara (colossal by maybelline) it makes my eyelashes super long (almost to the point of touching my eyebrows!) and thick. My boyfriend said it looks lighter, and better more natural looking. It makes your eyelashes soft and not brittle too. But its rather difficult to get off, not a big deal though. Great every day mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Erin14

This mascara is a no-mistake mascara (meaning that it'll only become mistake-prone when it becomes dried out). It does a very good job at defining and seperating each lash, so you could practically count each of your eyelashes. As for what it claims, which is "one coat" and "thickening", I'm pretty sure all Almay mascara owners know that none of their mascaras are one coat, so don't make that your expectation. It thickens beautifully, though! This is not the kind of mascara for a person who wants dramatic, false-lash look lashes.
I think the most problematic thing about this product is that it dries out fairly quick, so you'll have to buy it more often, but the price is so good, it won't put a dent in your budget that much. Also, it's gloppy at the end of the wand, so you have to wipe the excess off at the rim of the mascara bottle or with a tissue. I like how the wand is small, so you can reach the inner eyelashes.
This is a wonderful mascara and I HIGHLY recommend it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The good & the bad. The good-it does give a THICKENING effect to your lashes, much like CG Last blast does. As a matter of fact it goes beyond CG as in it gives me the volume from the root to the tip of my lashes. With CG my lashline & roots have soo much volume but the tips don't, it takes away from my natural length somehow. Anyways the bad: it doesn't seem to do its job in ONE COAT, because the brush is soo tapered & spirals down to a fine tip (the brush is literally V shaped) it doesn't get all my lashes in 1 wiggle. Which I guess is normal, since you have to go in to get the baby tear duct hairs & the outer eye ones right? Well no not with this mascara, the formula dries soo quickly that if you go in to do the sides, as the brush touches the already coated lashes it clumps those up! You can forget about dipping the wand in for a second coat. The volume is gone & spider look can appear. I tried to go in quickly with my spoolie to separate it but by the time I grab it---same problem the formula has dried up & its set for the day.

So again the good-it thickens & gives length, leaves lashes soft & flexible & natural looking, lasts all day, no flaking, holds curl nicely as well. The bad you have to absolutely work in ONE coat or it will clump. I guess I'm not fast enough. But props to Almay for giving this mascara the p-e-r-f-e-c-t name!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kittenatplay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a mascara junkie and I'm always looking for "the one". This is it for me so far. The formula is much drier than most mascaras I've tried so people might mistakenly think it's dried out when it isn't. It doesn't go on really wet like most do. One of the best things about this mascara is the tapered wand. I can get all my lashes with this wand and because it's a drier formula, it coats very well without blobbing and creating a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mascara is the one beauty product(or body/hair/household) product that I buy at a drugstore. For the other products, there's far better, safer, healthier, natural choices online or at other stores. I have not tried a natural mascara because of neg reviews. When it was past time to replace the pink green from maybelline, I looked here for reviews, and ewg.org's cosmetics database, for something better and safer (this got a 3/10 from ewg, low #'s safer, excellent for mascara).. Led me to this tube, bought it, loved it, need more now, will buy it again.
Natural looking with one coat, but in a bold way, not wimpy. My lashes are plenty long, and this thickening mascara makes them stand out. No stinging in eyes, can wear swimming without black circles, washes off well. Nice minimalist design on the tube too. Happy to buy again.