July 29, 2014 | 1996 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Cheaseonaffinity

This mascara doesn't look nearly as good on my lashes as it does on the beautiful girl in the picture on the MUA page. It looks like I don't even have mascara on. I have straight thin asian eyelashes, and I usually curl my lashes, then put on waterproof mascara which holds the curl, the layer on a volumizing washable mascara and it looks great, I get a lot of compliments on it. However, this actually drags down the curl and makes my lashes look spidery. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by sobys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Terrible. Absolutely NO affect on the lashes, almost like having no mascara on. Don't waste your money. Massive disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the one coat thickening waterproof for summer in black. I wouldn't repurchase because it did nothing for my lashes that are long with blonde tips...did nothin to thicken them like I wanted. Il buy fullNsoft waterproof that I kno works for my lashes for the summer. The Almaty looks natural and lengthened them but with two or more coats they stuck together and made them look sparse...haven't tried to remove it yet tho...that wil be tonight.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A really nice DAY TIME mascara. I have skimpy lashes (but they're long) so it does a nice job of bringing them out, however even the blackest black is nothing like Maybelline or L'oreal's blacks. It feels nice on, smells good. I need it for the days when I want healthy lashes and not dramatic lashes. I've been using it since I was a teenager and it is still the same. Def one of my staples. But again, I must re-iterate that it is a good office / day time look. Also, it only cost me $11.28, so I do not feel guilty about throwing it out after 3 months at that low price. My boyfriend likes it because it gives a more natural look (as he loathes heavy make up, as I find most men do).

UPDATE: Still adore this mascara. I use it often as the final coat to my Great Lash or Rimmel Scandal lash, or Body Shop as it locks in the eye lashes nicely and wonderful on these hot summer days as Almay does not smudge in humidity at all I find and I use the NON waterproof. Almay is a lovely classic indeed in my opinion. I do not think I ll ever give it up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Almay One Coat? Try TWENTY coats! This was such a disappointment. I wasn't expecting miracles, but I thought that one coat (hence the name) would do the job. I have to layer and layer this mascara just to get it to show -- and I even have blackest black. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because I do layer it over my Jordana Best Lash Extreme and it seems to separate my lashes nicely. So, I'll keep this for that purpose, but would not purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was going to re-purchase my HG maybelline full n/soft, but decided to try something new. Like FnS, this a very natural looking mascara. Gives lashes nice definition, doesn't clump or flake, and lasts all day. I'm actually loving this more than FnS because it dries down even more soft, and does not dry out my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Val9756

Light mascara; does not thicken or lengthen, but does go on smoothly with no clumps or flaking. Feels good on and is long lasting. I prefer a mascara that thickens and lengthens more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

Great every day mascara with workable, buildable coverage. I do find that I will need to wipe the excess from the tube before usage to get an even coating, but for the price point, a great go to. The added bonus is that Almay does not test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice natural-looking mascara. It wasn't very thickening, and it's sort of hard to build. I find for the best result, use a feathery and light application, not wiggling or twirling, etc. I was disappointed in the fact that it isn't thickening at all, but since it does not clump and looks great on its own, I'll keep it. The length of the wand is so great (shorter than average), and the bristles seem to work well for lower/shorter lashes. For a natural look, buy this, but if you're looking for ultra-thick black false-looking lashes, give this a pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I love this mascara! It goes on so easy and doesn't clump at all. I love the watery consistency. It doesn't flake off onto your face and doesn't smudge, yet it's easy to remove. It makes my lashes look so natural and not spidery at all. This is more of a light everyday mascara, so if you are looking for BIG volume and length, look elsewhere.