April 18, 2014 | 933 users online

Powders - LUSH - Vanilla Puff dusting powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by milkandtaxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just ran out of this stuff. This is nice. It makes your skin really soft, prevents chafing and absorbs sweat... basically baby powder plus. It is mild enough to layer with lotion and perfumes, you don't smell too overpowering, and the vanilla doesn't overwhelm the scent of the perfumes. The only kind of annoying part of this stuff is the packaging - it was impossible to open for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this last week and I've used it every single day. The scent is fabulous which makes me use my vanillary solid perfume more since they match perfectly.
I hate the container it's in, it doesn't keep the powder contained when it's closed so bringing this traveling would SUUUCK unless you moved it to a different container.
I've been putting this powder everywhere. It's summer so I have been using it in areas that can get sweaty and it does help (which is why I bought this one over silky underwear).
I would def buy this again. I just now need to find an different container and maybe a puff for application

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by BebeMolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE!!!! I use this over massage bars to pick up extra oil, over any lotion just because (never cakes or does weird stuff), over my Vanillary perfume (which is a PERFECT match), as a dry shampoo... I will even hit the bottom to blast my face & neck with a puff of the yummy perfect fragrance (I AM pregnant, after all)!! It is soo amaazing. A beautiful, light smell. I feel so luxurious when I wear this!!! The opening to the can is usually leaking & when I opened it, it poofed everywhere. Still wouldn't keep me from buying it again!!!! I really need to buy a puff for it. It should come with a puff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Adrianne29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder. It smells nice, and effectively absorbs moisture. The vanilla fragrance isn't overwhelming, it's light. I use it after putting a scented lotion on and it compliments most fragrances. The lid sucks, it leaks powder and was hard to get open when I first opened it. I bought a pretty puff and box and put it in there anyway for a more luxurious experience. This also works great in my 2-day hair to absorb oil.

I have tried the LUSH silky underwear, The Greeench, the Urban Decay ones, and the Karma Sutra powders. This one is my favorite (#2 is the Karma Sutra Honey Dusting powder - great for every day)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by DivineSage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been disappointed by the LUSH products I've tried, but not this one. This outlived my expectations. I love the scent- it's a very musky vanilla scent, but it's not overpowering or cloying. I love it. The powder is very smooth and rubs in very easily. I put this on my skin after lotion and it keeps my skin soft and moisturized all day. I'll also sprinkle it in my hair or on my sheets to make them smell nice, the scent is very relaxing. I've purchased this twice already and will continue to repurchase.

The only downside is the packaging. It's very hard to open for the first time and I always lose some of the product when I open a new one. Also, the lid leaks a little bit. That doesn't make a difference in the long run because the containers last forever, but the lid is kind of a nuisance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by meggylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is easily one of my favourite products from Lush. It has the scent of their Vanillary perfume - that is to say, a rich authentic vanilla, not overly sweet and artificial. I apply after a shower just so I can smell it! It really is delicious. Apply it whilst over your bedcovers, so any that falls down will fragrance your bed linen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after seeing a user say how she pairs this with Aromaco deoderant. Well since I had Aromaco, I decided to pair this powder w/the deoderant for added protection. This stuff is amazing! First off, the smell is to die for. It reminds me of vanilla frosting, with a hint of musk to it! It smells identical to Vanilla Fountain Bath Bomb, which is also one of my fav's. I use this powder under my arms, underwear, and anywhere I want to feel drier. My only gripe w/this is the packaging. Mine always seems to leak a little, and the plastic part on top manages to turn open. Other than that, this is my HG powder!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really had to laugh at myself as I purchased this item, I wondered to myself if I would ever even use it. Surprisingly, I've used this every day since I purchased it and I've used it in many different ways. I've used it as a dry shampoo, I've used it on my bed before I go to sleep, I've used it after massage bars to soak up excess oils (this + Mange Too = <3), I've used it in my bra to soak up excess moisture and sometimes I pick it up just to smell it. It is a vanilla scent but it's a deep, musky type of vanilla - not a foody type. It's a very comforting scent for me, especially when used in my bed before I go to sleep. There's a spray that I got from Bath & Body works a long time ago that I use when I'm having trouble sleeping. It's a lavender and vanilla scented pillow mist (called Sleep) and this reminds me a lot of it only a more subdued version if that makes sense. I still find it funny that I spent $10 on a powder but after using (and loving) it, I'd definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by xXHugaholicXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have many many uses for vanilla puff :)

I can use it as a dry shampoo

I can use it as a Deoderant for my feet

I can also use it after my massage bars so I don't so greasy

It smells of very soft vanilla, and the scent lingers for a looong time!!!

I hate the packaging though. It's very messy and it gets everywhere.

The way I use it is to close off all the holes, and shake.
The powder that comes out of the cracks is the perfect amount :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by alt629

as others have said, this smells like a more "sophisticated" vanilla. i might be crazy but i think i detect some subtle cinnamon smell in there. i really didn't know what to use it for when i bought it.. but i have taken to putting this in my hair on days that i don't wash it. it really de-greases and makes your hair smell nice. it also seems to add volume too. i really like it for this purpose if nothing else!