December 18, 2014 | 1652 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

This is good stuff. Light weight and natural looking. If you are familiar with the hg chanel loose powder, this is quite similar. But the finishing for the LM loose powder is not as matte as chanel. One major advantage why i will repurchase is the price point. LM is more affordable. goes well undereyes too. wont look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by midnitedesire

I've been using this loose face powder for severral years and I love it. its a great setting powder, very light on the face ,natural looking, doesn't cake up and helps keep make up in place

It's a little expensive, but you truly get what you pay for and one 29 g. jar will last a long time with daily use :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After I purchased this, I thought it was the best. Then my pores started to clog. I did some research and found out that this contains not one, but two pore clogging ingredients. Ethylhexyl Palmitate rated a 4 (5 being the highest on the pore clogging scale) and Zea Mays (corn starch) rated 3.

I tossed it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by xxpopopxx

Does exactly what it's supposed to do and more ! Controls my oily face so well and makes my skin so smooth after setting my makeup with this ! The packaging of the product is also great. I find many loose powders to get so messy with the powder going everywhere with poor packaging but I'm not having any problems with this !

One big con is yes, this is definitely on the pricey side with €42. However you would be paying for what you get as it's a high good quality product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by lovelynatural

Ok so I have only used this product once but I'm am completely sold already! I took engagement photos today and had been on the hunt for the perfect setting powder that not only made my skin look flawless and control oil but also did not leave a white cast when using a camera flash... I also liked that this powder had a slight yellow tint as opposed to a very white or pinkish powder.. That works perfect with my warm undertones. Don't get me wrong it is very translucent but when dealing with flash photography you want to be sure your setting powder does not work against you. This lead to a very flawless finish that totally tops the bare minerals mineral veil that I previously used which has a slight pinkish tint. It works well but this one is much better in terms of the color and leaving a smoother, more air brushed matte finish. I am NC45

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by prettyinpink32

This product is on the expensive side, but let me tell you, it lasts forever. This is one of the best setting powders I have used. The fact that it is translucent means it will not add any additional color to my makeup, which I like. It sets under eye concealer, as well as my BB cream beautifully. It has never caked up and gives a totally natural finish. I find that after application, it blurs out any imperfections giving me flawless skin. I don't have oily skin, so I don't know how it works for that skin type. But if you're looking for something light and natural with a flawless effect, give this a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great face powder. I've used Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in translucent in the past which I didn't really feel was that effective at keeping oiliness at bay / setting foundation. It's also really expensive compared with the LM face powder as a 6g pot of BMMV would set me back about £18 from House of Fraser whereas the LM face powder was about £29 from SpaceNK for 29g. This is also a far superior powder in pretty much every sense. It has really long-lasting durability and is much less messy to apply than the BMMV. I really like the pot too as unlike the BMMV pot which has a locking sifter which rather unhelpfully used to trap a lot of excess powder resulting in costly wastage, the LM pot has an open sifter instead (as shown in the picture). The powder is also a bit denser than the BMMV meaning that it doesn't fall out of the sift holes easily when you travel with it.

All in all I was really impressed with this powder because it does everything its supposed to. It leaves a really nice finish, especially when used to set liquid foundation. I think it also does a great job at toning down foundation if you've applied a little too much as well on days when you can't be bothered to start over or faff about. It's great at keeping oiliness under control and if used frequently throughout the day, it doesn't leave you with a powdery, chalky build up either. I also quite like the smell of this product too.

Pros:
- Keeps oiliness at bay all / most of the day
- Leaves a great matte finish
- Good price and packaging + good amount of product
- Easy to use, very smooth and soft
- Nice smell

Cons:
- Contains talc and some other parabens

The bottom line is that this product is really good at achieving what it's supposed to, but I am deducting a star because I would prefer this product if it was talc and paraben free.

I would repurchase.

Ingredients:
(Translucent): Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl,
Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate,
Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl
77499).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ouiyhoo

I used it first time this morning and after 9 hours outdoor, i didn't even blot my face! You know what? My face is just like it was in the morning! Though, i have combination to oily skin. I'm not gonna recommend this to those who have dry skin because it can be flaky. Overall, it is the best loose powder i've ever used! (For combination skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

This powder is translucent but it's able to blur out alot of imperfections such as pores, fine lines and make your skin looks super smooth with no actual trace of powder......i think the slight yellow base also can balance out any minor redness on your skin.......and the last good thing is that you cannot feel this powder on your face which i experience which most loose powders.........amazing product!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by babad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder says its translucent, but it ended up making my medium/olive skin complexion look white. I always hear that LM products give a more natural look, and I was really hoping for more out of this product, but i'm still on the hunt for the perfect loose powder for my asian skin..