October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Pure Confection Highlighting Face Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon came out with this highlighter, and a larger, all over face powder highlighter, in 3 shades. This is definitely intended for lighter skin tones. It's lovely in the pot, HOWEVER, shows up as a green tint on my NC 30-35 skin. You really have to work at it to get product out of this. Luckily, I didn't pay much, got during WG BOGO. I would skip these and shell out the extra 12-15 bucks for MAC mineralize skin highlighter/finishes. Plus, the MAC pots are much bigger than this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by elfgirllana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous highlighter. Being someone who is not willing to cash out ridiculous prices for MAC's mineralize skinfinish Lightscapade, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try this product - at 8 bucks it's a steal! I tried it for the first time today, and it's gorgeous! Just sweep it above your cheekbone (a little will do) and it will bright a lovely glow to your face. I also like this product because it is not too warm or too cool, it is a nice neutral highlighter for anyone. Very pleased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

A great drugstore highlighter!! I picked up Revlon's 'Pure Confection' at my HEB from a LE display. I really love MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighters, but I certainly do not like their pricetags. At $5.95, I was able to come to a *very* close dupe of MAC's 'Lightscapade'....'Pure Confection' is a lovely blend of a creamy beige with frosty pink viens. It never looks garish or over the top. I use my cheapie Elf bronzing brush to pick up just the right amount of product and apply it at the top of my cheekbones. I just love the dewy, fresh finish it gives my skin! Rating: 4.5

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

This is the first drug store item Ive been excited about in a while.. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it - and each Walgreens only has two... So I hid one (the one with the nicest veining) under my register... lol.

Ok, I finally picked it up and I used a flat squareish EOB brush (i don't want to contaminate my only foundation brush for the moment) and used this on my cheeks.. only one cheek - and showed the hubby. He said it brings them out and looks nice(wow a compliment from a guy!)
    I agree, if you know how to stroke the brush onto it, you can get different variations of shimmer, color.. etc

I'm very pale and this looks very nice - not warm or cool - I think it can work with most people if they tried different techniques... Like all cosmetics, this should get some practice before dismissing it. This is nice for the price!

I picked this over the other MSF dupes because of the packaging - the packaging of this is much more elegant than the typical, boxy and bulky revlon packages..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in walgreens today. I am REALLy fair and I noticed that when I rubbed this into my cheeks with my fingers it looked shiny but also left white patches on my face where it was applied. It looked unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is so pretty! I never really saw the point of highlighters. I've only used a couple and thought they were meh. But this looked so pretty and it was bogo, so I grabbed one and I'm glad I did! Last night I used a highlighting/skunk brush, and really liked the effect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a decent highlighter for a while now. Most of the ones I've found have been white/silver based and this one is no exception. On my NW20 skin, the silver highlighters make me look really washed out. I used this under my NARS Orgasm blush and they do look absolutely stunning together. It's very gorgeous in the pan and it does look pretty on but I'd prefer it to be a little more subtle on me which the silver undertone does not allow. I will continue looking for my hg highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sunshine09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is my new fav. highlighter. i absolutely love this. some say its a dupe for a msf but i personally have not used msf's so i cant compare. but i use it on the tops of my cheek bones and it looks so gorgeous on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This caught my eye because it looked like a MAC MSF, especially it looks exactly like Lightscapade, which I do own and love. I decided to just buy it because if it was a Lightscapade dupe then I could swap mine haha...and if it wasent maybe it would give me a different glow that I might like. I love glowy highlighters, WnW AOL being my very very very fav. I dodnt think this could top AOS in the HG department for me and it didnt. It also is not really a accurate dupe for Lightscapade....which is much softer and more subtle...this is more like a failed dupe for Wet N Wild AOS. Its pale gold toned and does give a decent glow /shimmer look. I liked it but I didnt love it. It only duped Lighscapade MSF in the look of the product in the package, not the effect it gives when worn. I'll use mine but I doubt I would by this exact shade again, although I would try others if Revlon came out with them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

When I read on the boards that this product might be a dupe for MAC Lightscapade (a product which I've been lemming for ages) of course I went right out and got it. Now I don't have Lightscapade so I can't compare, but I do have other MSFs including Perfect Topping. Pure Confection is a tad shinier (more metallic) than Perfect Topping, and the shimmer particles are a TAD bigger, but not anything like huge glitter bombs. If you don't like noticeable shimmer particles though, I'd say skip this. Also, the Revlon product seems to have minimal veining, although there were only 3 at the store to compare, but most just have a dollop of pink and light blue veining in a sea of cream color. Needless to say, the payoff of the product is primarily a metallicy cream sheen with shimmer. I got Pure Confection for $8.99 at Walgreens and its .15 oz while MAC MSFs hover around .35 oz for around $27. I like it as a highlighter and would definitely buy again, but this will not end my lust for Lightscapade. Also I think Revlon supposedly has other colors available, but I saw just this on the display case at my store. Give it a try, especially if you lust for MSFs but don't want to spend the money.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No