April 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Earthly Taupe is a matte tan with taupe undertones. It's not highly pigmented, but it is perfect for blending. I'm very pale, so I don't need to use very much product to get the effect I want. This eye shadow lasts all day without smudging or fading. For the price it's a very good value.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by RamenNoodles

I bought this for a dollar at a discount store since it looked like such a pretty color in the pan. Unfortunately, when I started to swatch it, the shadow was chalky and powdery. The pigmentation isn't great either. I think the color might show if someone had a fair skin tone. I'm have light-medium skin and the color looked like the color of my eyelid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I prefer matte shades, and this taupe is perfect! I like to apply it lightly with a brush so I get a faint wash of color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Maybe I got a bad batch but this stuff was terrible. It looked a nice base shade in the pan but it is a nothing colour with zero pigmentation and I am extremely fair, cant imagine what it would be like for anyone medium or darker.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by agreen21

Dont like it that well. The pigmentation isn't that great and Ive tried it in a variety of different ways (primer,base,wet) and I just came to the conclusion that the pigmentation is bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great matte color to use as an overall wash to even out skin on eyes and as a base to add on to... It's matte but not all chalky or cakey and has very little if any noticeable fallout when applying,. I use elf's 1 dollar eyeshadow brush to pack on the color. Great quality shadow, very silky and smooth. WIll repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

My absolute favorite nude eyeshadow. I'm quite pale, and this gives me a bit of color when I'm feeling extremely low maintenance or lazy with my makeup. It leaves a gorgeous finish, and I will definitely buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Maggieyso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this sort of on a whim, it was on clearance at my local kroger. It's pretty much the exact shade as my skin, and since it's matte finish, I think it'll be great for blending out other eyeshadows. As far as wearing it on its own, I don't think that would work. But I had been needing a good blending shade, and this is perfect for that. It does have a lot of fallout, but because of the color that doesn't bother me. Overall I'd recommend it as a blending shade if you have somewhat pale skin like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by elists100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good blends-in-with-your-skin color. I added a picture because the one photo really wasn't even close. It is slightly less of a rosť undertone than my pic shows, however. Probably for cool skin tones only.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly impressive nude, flesh shade. You will definitely need to wear a primer, and a white eye shadow base underneath the shadow or it will not show up. At least it didn't on me. Once I applied the white base, it became this beautiful, flesh, tone shade. This great, matte shade did not show my 48 year old wrinkles, nor did it make my eyes look old ~ if that makes any sense. I added Maybelline, Champagne Fizz as a highlight to my brows, for a complete no makeup "naked" look with mascara and I was quite impressed.

I paid about $2.00 for the eye shadow. I like the color, but the packaging is so hard to open. I do have a few problems with my hands, but I could hardly get this little puppy open. I will probably buy this shade again. I bought this on clearance, so I hope that Maybelline is not discontinuing this shade...