September 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - ExpertWear Eye Shadow Earthly Taupe Matte Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought mine in "Earthly Taupe 170S". I've had this for years now. My skin is a little lighter than NC15 but this matches nicely and gives my lids a bit of color. I actually just re-bought this in the new packaging (black now instead of a dark blue). I don't know if they re-formulated it but it doesn't feel like it. It still glides on nicely, isn't powdery or cakey, and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by cottagebeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have it but in mocha motion and i love love love it i am also fair and it looks great with hazel eyes, last all day, very pigmented, it comes with four different colors in it and i use all of them every day the highlighter i love especially perfect for people in a hurry or a detail oriented person i want to buy more of these cuz they come in a great variety or color quads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Earthly Taupe is a matte tan with taupe undertones. It's not highly pigmented, but it is perfect for blending. I'm very pale, so I don't need to use very much product to get the effect I want. This eye shadow lasts all day without smudging or fading. For the price it's a very good value.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by RamenNoodles

I bought this for a dollar at a discount store since it looked like such a pretty color in the pan. Unfortunately, when I started to swatch it, the shadow was chalky and powdery. The pigmentation isn't great either. I think the color might show if someone had a fair skin tone. I'm have light-medium skin and the color looked like the color of my eyelid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I prefer matte shades, and this light taupe is perfect! I apply with a brush on my upper lids and use Maybelline's Matte Linen on my lower lids

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Maybe I got a bad batch but this stuff was terrible. It looked a nice base shade in the pan but it is a nothing colour with zero pigmentation and I am extremely fair, cant imagine what it would be like for anyone medium or darker.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by agreen21

Dont like it that well. The pigmentation isn't that great and Ive tried it in a variety of different ways (primer,base,wet) and I just came to the conclusion that the pigmentation is bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great matte color to use as an overall wash to even out skin on eyes and as a base to add on to... It's matte but not all chalky or cakey and has very little if any noticeable fallout when applying,. I use elf's 1 dollar eyeshadow brush to pack on the color. Great quality shadow, very silky and smooth. WIll repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

My absolute favorite nude eyeshadow. I'm quite pale, and this gives me a bit of color when I'm feeling extremely low maintenance or lazy with my makeup. It leaves a gorgeous finish, and I will definitely buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Maggieyso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this sort of on a whim, it was on clearance at my local kroger. It's pretty much the exact shade as my skin, and since it's matte finish, I think it'll be great for blending out other eyeshadows. As far as wearing it on its own, I don't think that would work. But I had been needing a good blending shade, and this is perfect for that. It does have a lot of fallout, but because of the color that doesn't bother me. Overall I'd recommend it as a blending shade if you have somewhat pale skin like I do.