December 21, 2014 | 1697 users online

Lips - Dr. Bronner's - Organic Peppermint Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I decided to try this as I love the peppermint soap, and after reading reviews here. I'm glad I did as it really does make my lips feel moist, plus it's not waxy so it's great under lipstick. I had used Burt's Bees for years, but now this stuff is my HG lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is fairly moisturizing and does not feel too heavy or waxy on my lips. The peppermint was a nice pick-me-up as well but after a month it seemed to not be as prominent unfortunately but this is still my daily used lip balm just because of the simplicity and longevity. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the below comment: Dr. B's peppermint balm > Burt's peppermint balm - I didn't think it was possible, either - but it happened to me too! It doesn't feel super waxy (the way Burt's does, IMO) and keeps my lips moisturized for way longer. Looove!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by tcbb1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've bought so many of these. PHENOMENAL!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice, light peppermint smell. Moisturizing, though not especially long lasting, though I don't mind reapplying so it's no big deal. It's kind of a wintery scent, to me. And I'm gonna say it: Dr. Bronners lipbalm > Burt's Bees chapstick. And I love Burt's Bees. But Dr.Bronners is quickly replacing it in my heart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After years and hundreds of lipbalms I have finally found one that works! It's got a very light smell of peppermint and no taste. Even after it wears off, my lips are the smoothest they've ever been. I always have a tube on me, so it helps that it's so affordable. It also makes a great base for lipstick because it's not slippery. I am in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 More reviews by labu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great balm... moisturizing, smells and tastes VERY natural yet SUBTLE, and leaves a gentle tingly feeling from the peppermint that makes my lips feel and look fuller. Seriously, the smell and taste are by no means artificial, although I really shouldn't even mention taste because it barely has any. Both wear away within minutes anyway. Leaves a soft and barely shiny finish, not wet or glossy. I'd say Naked and Lemon-Lime feel more moisturizing with the same amount of application, although you only need to layer a little more of this one to get the same effect. No color in this balm, a plus, and it doesn't dry sticky on the lips, just gently fades away leaving the lips soft (3-4 hour lasting power without eating). It's organic and has no ingredients in it I can't pronounce or am not familiar with. If you're into mint, camphor, or peppermint flavors of lip products, this is a no brainer over other lip balms that have chemicals, and it works better, too. It's worth the buy, although if you really don't care about flavors, then I'd say Naked or Lemon-Lime would be better. This one's still great, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like that this is cheap, organic, portable and quite moisturising. Usually my lips are just moderately dehydrated and the peppermint oil isn't an issue, but this stings when I use it on very dry and chapped lips. I love the mintiness though and how this makes me smell fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Atrox

My HG lip product. Organic, very low toxicity, glides on smoothly, stays on for a good amount of time, no residue left on lips after wearing, love the peppermint smell/taste. I have a tube in every bag I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Bexxa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In a heartbeat I would repurchase - I love this stuff. Being a lippie junkie of sorts (though not so much lipsticks), I am always trying and pondering The Stuff That Goes on My Lips. Definitely a draw that it is natural and is a smaller company, as the below reviewer mentions. Moreso, it is perfect for those of us who like a balm in theory but have often found, in practice, that balms are toooo waxy, thick, residual, and yucky. This is the Goldilocks of LipStuff-in-a-Tube. It is just right for coverage, staying power, not tasting gross when I drink my water. The peppermint is SO subtle it's barely there (at least in my tube). Best of all, the tube fits into my HG lip accessory, which happens to be a keychain-friendly Lip Smackers balm top (slides on my key ring, always accessible, totally awesome, btw).