Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

3.5

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat. VP/VA Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butlyphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

on 5/8/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I usually use TreSemme Heat Protection spray wich I like but I was out and needed more...so after running errands I was at Walgreens getting a RX and went to get it and they were out!!

So I came across this Guardian Angel heat protection spray marked down to $3.99 so I said why not try it......and I'm glad I did!!!

I love the scent of this,its non chemical smelling and after spraying it dries fast. After using this and straightening my hair is soft,no frizz, just shiney and healthy. Also to when it was time for a trim my hairdreser commented on how my ends were looking really good and with minimal damage.

Also sometimes I spray this on my hair while its damp before I blow dry and it works great for me that way as well.

I would totally repurchase this again!!

I cannot begin to describe how much I love this stuff. I was really surprised by all the negative reviews. I think a lot of it has to do with the way people are using it. I actually like the way this stuff smells. It reminds me of one of my favorite perfumes (l'eau d'issey). It really only smells when you first spray it though, as soon a it dries on your hair it doesn't smell. It also doesn't need a lot. With other thermal sprays I section my hair off and spray that way but with this one I just mist a little over my hair and comb it through. It doesn't not take long to dry as long as you don't use too much. It leaves my hair silky and shiny. I haven't had any issues with heat damage to my hair since I've been using it and I heat style my hair almost every day. It is my personal favorite and I will continue to purchase it over and over again.

on 12/2/2012 11:02:00 PM

I've been using this for a while and really like it, it smells really good to me and I feel like it does help protect my hair and make it a little smoother and glossy the only real problem I have found with it is that if you spray to much on it will give your hair a weird texture and it does not feel good so just be careful that you don't over use it. I would repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was recently using Tresemmes heat tamer spray until I saw this product. I decided to get this because it was cheap. Ive been using this for a few months and it isn't that great. First of all it smells like flowers and smoke. Secondly, it leaves horrible residue on my flat iron. Thirdly, it takes a long time to dry before I can flat iron it. I would not buy this product again.

on 6/21/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the worst product I have EVER used! I used to use the Got 2 Be blow dry lotion (in a black bottle) and it was amazing. It really protected my hair and made it feel so soft and silky. I have been looking for the same bottle and I couldn't find it so I decided to give this product a try. I have only used it once on my hair (I sprayed it on my dry hair right before flat ironing) and was really confused why my hair felt so disgusting afterwards. I had no clue it was this spray that was responsible for completely frying my hair and making it feel like a wiry nest! This product completely ruined my hair - I am SO mad. I have been flat ironing my hair for YEARS and have never experienced such damage. The damage is so bad that I will probably have to cut off several inches of my hair! :(

on 6/12/2012 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

it ok, i dont see much defrizzing ...i find it does leave my hair soft, shiny too...I was hoping for more defrizzing action, so I use a little redken glass after to calm any down, kind of defeats the purpose, but i like the smell and the price is fabulous, probably would repurchase as I have to say no heat styling spray out there has done it for me yet. and yes spray 8 - 10 inches away, not right on your hair, the finer mist works way better.

on 5/10/2012 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just went and got my hair highlighted from the same lady that just did my all over color about a month ago( Which is when i started using this product.) First off i didn't really notice any heat protection from this, but still used it. Second it smells like laundry soap which i didn't like at all.. But anywho my hairstylist noticed my hair had a weird texture and elasticity to it and which made my highlights fry some of my hair. She asked me what iv been doing diff. from last time i saw her and this was it! So because it has so much alcohol in it, it did so much damage to my hair. NEVER USE THIS!

on 5/3/2012 9:06:00 PM

Overall rating is 3 for this one. Mainly because it's got alcohol denat in it. I don't like straightening my hair with an alcohol product, it just leaves it dry and frizzed. I ordered this online, so I didn't get to read the back first. I wish I had googled the ingredients first.

I thought it was a little expensive for the price. It was $6.99, which I think is what it sells for in most stores.

I spray this on my wet hair and it comes out nice, but it dries a bit crunchy. If I spray it on dry hair, it comes out VERY crunchy. It's like a hairspray with argan oil in it.

The argan is nice, and I can feel it make it soft, but the alcohol denat makes it kind of not so nice.

I won't buy again. I'm just using it up as quickly as possible. The other flat iron spray is better... the one in the orange triangle bottle. It doesn't have alcohol and it seems to feel nice on damp and dry hair.

Completely dried out my hair, yuck!!! :(

on 3/26/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Gosh I love the smell of this!!! And it doesn't smell all burnt after I iron over! Although I haven't noticed any change in my hair's shine, it does very well at protecting my damaged and dry hair.