E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 7/24/2015 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Girls, you really don't need to pay Anastasia/Too Faced/Benefit rates of $30+ The products that I use in my eyebrow routine are NYC Kohl eyebrow/eyeliner pencil in dark brown, E.L.F. Eyebrow kit in medium, a spoolie brush, and q-tips. The total cost of these items is less than $5!

My eyebrows' natural shape is thin with a high arch so over the years, the ends have disappeared. Every so often, I'll get a bald spot from over-tweezing. The base--decent amount of hair at the opening and around the edges--is still there and I keep up with grooming them so they're relatively easy to work with.

Like most eyebrow kits, the product comes with eyebrow powder, tinted eyebrow wax, and two sided applicator brush. Frankly, I don't notice any difference between this and the kits sold at Sephora. It blends in well with whatever eyebrow hair I've managed to preserve so that my brows look natural and can pass as fully hair. I've actually been asked if I use anything on my eyebrows.

I accidentally sprayed myself in the face with a hose and guess what? The product didn't budge. I was at an outdoor concert for 5 hours where it intermittently poured (view uploaded photo) and what? It didn't budge. And I'm still using the same kit that I purchased over a year ago.

Yes, filling in eyebrows requires a ton of trial and error but with this product being only $3 and readily sold at Target, there's nothing to lose.

on 7/19/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I first tried this product out in one of the eyeshadow/blush/eyebrow palettes by E.L.F. and this is the only product out of that palette I liked. Finally when I ran out of the product, I repurchased it on its own. It lasts so long, is super pigmented, matches perfectly with my eyebrows and fills them in beautifully. I have absolutely no complaints with this product. Reading some of the other reviews I noticed that some people claim that this product has a weird scent to it. I have never noticed any sort of fragrance to this product? I don't know if there is supposed to be one but I don't have any fragrance with mine. It doesn't break me out where applied (don't know why an eyebrow kit would...?) but this is just a really lovely product and I am not typically a fan of the E.L.F. brand in general. Will continue to repurchase and highly recommend! It is so affordable and definitely an amazing product.

on 7/17/2015 8:21:00 PM

I really enjoy using this product, it is easy to use especially for an eyebrow noob like me. The wax is easy to work with and gives a nice finish to your eyebrows and the powder is the perfect companion although I do find it a little to light but it is easy to blend in and I don't notice. The packaging is very good quality especially for the price. I will repurchase this product when I run out.

on 7/14/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Overall: Will not repurchase because it broke me out
Pros: cheap, comes with everything (brush, cream/gel, and powder), gave a very natural look (if you take the time to apply the cream lightly)
Cons: Powder in light is too dark and the powder in the dark kit is too light. the powders almost seem like the exact same ashy taupe color. unsanitary cream pan. Broke me out despite washing the little brush every week.

on 7/14/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE THIS!! My eyebrows look great and I fill them in so fast. I donít use the brush they provided, way too small. I use a very fine angle brush (Morphe M165) first I use the wax to trace out my shape then I use the powder to set the wax and fill in the brow. I make sure not to put too much product on the inner eyebrow part I use a spoolie (elf essentials) to fade out the inner eyebrow part and I make sure to clean it out with concealer (elf cover everything) and it looks perfect. Iím a brunette with black hair and I use the color ďmediumĒ and it looks fine I prefer to have lighter eyebrows but itís definitely not too light. The powder has a red tone but the brown wax counter acts it. Itís so easy to use I love it!

on 7/13/2015 2:42:00 AM

I'm NC35. I bought the shade dark, twice. I lost it the first time and even though I had other eyebrow products, I went back to it.

I like the wax, I don't usually use the powder or the brush that comes with it. But the brush is helpful at times.

Its not too intense unless you want it to be. Its really nice and buildable. The wax is not soft like others, which I prefer, sometimes those soft ones need to be wiped off before applying. This is great.

on 7/7/2015 1:46:00 PM

It's a good starter kit for people who want to shape their brows. The powder part can be powdery and does go on heavy. The cream part is good to tame the brow hair in place. The con I have with my pack is that it has this weird smell so I don't use the pack much.

Wish there was more of a color range. Great kit though.

I have got this in colour ash. I purchased this because the name promised something cool undertoned. I previously had a problem that everything was just too warm for my cool undertoned face thus my brows looked always kind of fake or drawn on. This eyebrow kit however matches me really well. Everyone keeps giving me compliments ever since I started using it. It makes my face look better without it being too obvious or fake. It's just so natural, because it makes my brows the exact same colour as my hair is. and it stays put throughout the day too.

on 6/28/2015 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my first brow kit and I totally get why people get so obsessed with them.
This is a great kit for both beginners and experienced make up enthusiasts.
the only con for me is the brush, it's a bit too soft so isn't great at giving that defined edge so I just use a pencil to lightly outline where I want to fill and when I'm done filling I clean up with a concealer.
Perfect!
Will definitely buy again if it runs out and will buy another brush for application.
N.B-I got it in medium, I'm an NC45 for reference