April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I got this RIS because I had heard rave reviews about it and I could not find it in the UK and when I did find a place to buy it was quite pricey before the international postage was added. I tried it for the first time today after my Sana mascara appears to be drying out. This is the most beautiful fibre mascara I have ever tried. It is not sticky when I glide the brush through my lashes so I can apply a second layer without the lashes going all clumpy. It has no awful smell and most importantly it does not irritate my sensitive eyes. I like the brush, it is not made of bristles like most mascara wands. It makes wiping it in between uses easier. Some of you may say this is wasteful, but I always do both eyes and then wipe the wand before placing in back in the tube for sanitary reasons. I really want to get more of this, I wish they stocked it here. I plan to introduce my sister to this as I just know she will love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

I've never felt compelled to write a bad review of any makeup product, until now. Perhaps it is because I had such high expectations for this from MUA. To give some background on my lashes, they are quite sparse but easily hold a curl, eyelash curlers never made a difference on them. My favorite mascaras in the past have been CG Lash Blast, DiorShow original, L'Oreal Beauty Tubes (red tube) and YSL Faux Cils. I had never thought of buying this until I walked into an Asian makeup boutique after work, and immediately spotted this due to seeing many raves about this mascara. I plunked down $21 USD for it (it is cheaper in Asia though), but thought nothing of it because I figured this could be my HG mascara. The next morning, I excitedly opened the tube and started using the comb side of the wand to brush through my lashes. I became horrified as how my lashes immediately clumped together, and did not lengthen one bit. Normally I have to convince strangers that my lashes aren't fake, but with this, I looked like I had 3 clumpy spider legs for lashes. I then tried to unsuccessully de-clump them using the other side of the wand, which made them worse. It looked so bad I had to remove it, which ruined the rest of my makeup and consequently, my morning as well!

To be fair, I gave this another chance recently and really took my time, this time with less disastrous results but it still did not "wow" me at all. I removed it again, and used Prestige My Biggest Lashes instead which left me satisfied. Perhaps I am quite disappointed because others have had such great results with this, the amount of money I paid for it, and the fact I was unable to return it. This may be a better mascara for those looking for a product to hold a curl on very sparse, straight lashes. I guess I will stick to my volumizing mascaras.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by forbidden_desire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes your lashes really long, great for "dolly" eyes. But if you're looking for volume, look elsewhere. Does a great job of expanding your lashes - like it says in its name. Doesn't smudge and stays put all day. I actually like the wand, it helps separate and comb the lashes so that you don't end up with clumps. The formula itself doesn't seem like it would clump easily either - it goes on pretty smooth, and if you use a heated eyelash curler as well, the length and curl stay all day. The only downside to this is that you absolutely need eye makeup remover for this - otherwise it wont come off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

at first i was hesitant to try this product thinking it was just another overhyped mediocre beauty item. but i decided to try it anyway. and boy was i glad. this is true to all the rave. awesome mascara. better than shu uemura mascara basic and ysl mascara effet faux cils. and that's saying a lot. HG status.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was hoping for an HG based on the glowing reviews, but the search continues. This stuff is like putting cement on your lashes; they will. not. move. The wand is bizarre, but it was fine after I got used to it. The main problem for me was the formula; it made my lashes incredibly hard and crunchy and spidery-looking. Removal was not hard but added an extra step (it took oil cleanser plus waterproof eye makeup remover). But if waterproof is what you're after, it delivers; it held up without flaking or smudging all day, which is why I gave 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite mascara to date, and I've tried a lot! When I first opened it, I wasn't sure how to use the wand. The strangest looking mascara wand I came across so far. But the results are great! I use both sides of the brush on my lashes, and the short side works well with the lower lashes. I use 2-3 coats, and do wait for the first coat to partially dry before adding a new coat, if not you will get lashes clumping together. I always curl my lashes before using this, and this stuff will hold your curls the whole day without smudging, in heat and humidity. However you have to be careful when you apply as it can get a little messy with the fibres that help to lengthen your lashes. I smudge on my eyelids everytime, which I clean up with a cotton bud. You need a good make-up remover for this heavy duty stuff - an oil cleanser works for me. Anything less will leave you with leftover product in your lashes. It's worth the minor effort though, since you get such lovely looking eyelashes with volume and length. it's not for those who want a very natural look though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

In short: This holds a curl, doesn't smudge or flake or give me panda eyes. And I live in 60-90% humidity and have oily and hooded lids. But the wand is a pain to deal with, it's very easy to smear this all over your eyelids when you apply this. Although that may be just me being clumsy.

This is a fiber mascara, very typical of japanese drugstore mascaras. It gives length, but not alot of volume. It is super black, so it really defines the lashes. I also have the blue one, which is a very nice shade, it really makes brown eyes pop.

The wand is a weird comb/scoop plastic thing, it's very difficult for me to apply this without getting it all over my lids. But it's fine if you prop a namecard against your lid to "guard" it against the smearing.

It's seriously bullet proof; I can sweat, cry, put in eyedrops and this will not budge. But you have to work with it quickly, because when it dries, it's so difficult to comb through it again. It does take more effort to put on than usual mascaras due to the wand but the formula is unbeatable imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by changja2

Ok, this is my HG mascara. Mascara has been one of my least favorite cosmetics. I have short, sparse asian lashes. All other mascaras would make my lashes droop so that they stick to each other on the outer corners, flake, or smudge like crazy. Plus, even with other mascaras on, you can still barely see that I have lashes.

I curl my lashes with the Trish McEvoy curlers (they are my favs), use the Majolica mascara, then run a Tweezerman lash comb through to get rid of clumps. Wa-La! I look like any fluttery-lashed gal. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I look like a Kardashian, but I have a nice set of lashes. It's totally waterproof, doesn't flake at all, holds a curl, and only smudges a teeny-tiny bit on my outer lower eyelids. It gives better length than volume but is still pretty good on the volume.

The only con: the application can get clumpy, even on one coat - hence the lash comb. So, it's not perfect, but the pretty darn close. As for removal - I find this method gentle on my lashes: I dip a q-tip in Sonia Kashuk eye remover (I bet Lancome's Bifacial would work well, too) and hold it parallel to the ground. I then gently run it across my eyelashes in one direction (from the inner corners to the outer corners) with my eyes closed, turning the q-tip head as you see the mascara coming off. Once the Q-tip is gray/black all around, I use the other side (without mu remover) to wipe up any residue on my lower lid and across my upper lashline. I need to use 3 q-tips per eye. Yeah, it's not quick to remove like my Clinique tubing mascara but hey, it's worth the trouble at the end of the night. I just wish this was sold in the States.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Cheery2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! Holds curl well, lengthens well and is an amazing waterproof mascara! And so Affordable too! Doesn't smudge or clump which are definately my pet peeves. I've tried clinique High impact mascara in the past and although it never smudged it clumped like crazy!! Guess the downside is though it's difficult to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by winter100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

FANTASTIC!!!! I get so many compliments when I wear this.... It actually boggles my mind how much better asian mascaras are than North American ones... if you like natural but better mascaras like mabelline full and soft, cover girl Naturelux or Buxom lash than definitely go for this!