April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Moisturizers - Lacura - Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was sceptical, I really was. I've been using the Nivea Q10 night cream for years, and presumed it was basically the same. But I gave it a whirl as I was in Aldi and I remembered the good reviews here.

Well, Its not like the Nivea - its not as thick, and has retinol in it. This means its not quite as moisturising, and my eyes feel a bit tight in the morning. (My skin is getting drier as I get older) But I layer a light serum underneath my eyes and its fine then. Its worth the extra step because after only three days of use my skin is like GLASS.

I've used Avene Eluage off and on for years (both Regular and Riche) and this is actually a nicer product to use. Its spreads easier, feels fresher and smells nicer. And the smoothing effect is as good, perhaps actually better. at a fraction of the price! I won't repurchase the Eluage, thats for sure!

I'm never gonna stop buying this.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by euryopi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, this will be a strange review. First of all I am a guy. Second, I really don't use this on my face. For years I have had really. really dry scaly feet and lower legs. And little white bumps on the top of my feet that resemble barnacles...nice right? Never able to wear sandals in summer. Have spent loads on prescriptions from dermatologists that had no effect. Used once per week on exfoliated feet and legs the difference is truly amazing.......flakes that could be peeled off before are gone along with nasty white bumps. New normal skin. Summer is here and I'm shopping for sandals. Amazing product. At this price will be stocking up.

Don't know that this product was intended for this type of use, but it really works.
Thanks

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by squirrelyolk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I loved this stuff for a while--it's a nice moisturizer, but it did end up breaking me out. Strange, considering my acne is purely hormonal. Every time I'd use it some sort of blemish would pop up, so eventually I got wise. I say try it--it might work better for you. Just be aware that this stuff stinks. Like somebody just dumped a bottle of perfume in it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can't believe how great this stuff is, especially for the price - how do Aldi manage to keep it so cheap?! I'm 21 and although I'm a long way from getting proper wrinkles, this is the perfect night moisturiser for me and I'm so glad I don't have to keep trying out pricy alternatives.

Costing £1.99 per jar from Aldi, it's impossible not to buy it for this price, especially after reading so many positive reviews like I had. It comes packaged in a heavy glass jar which looks pretty and expensive on your makeup table but isn't great when travelling, though it's easy to decant it into small plastic pots when you need to pack light.

The smell is pleasant and refreshing, a light floral smell which I actually like, which is unusual for someone like me who generally hates perfumed skin products. I had tried the same product a few years ago and I barely used it as the perfume was so strong (it has gone through several packaging and minor formula changes since, I believe) so I'm glad that issue was sorted out! It's very light and refreshing to apply and not the least bit oily, even for someone with sensitive oily/combination skin like mine where even many of the 'oil-free' night moisturisers make me greasy all over. It absorbs into the skin incredibly fast which is amazing, and still doesn't get even slightly greasy when more is applied.

When I wake up the next day my skin is soft, full, hydrated and feels fantastic - still no greasiness or any residue at all, it's like my skin drinks all of it in and can't get enough of it. I've been using it generously for 2 months and have only recently hit the bottom of the jar.

I still can't believe this product is so cheap and so effective and how much better my skin is for it. I've given my 64-year-old auntie a jar to try who was previously a devout Oil of Olay fan and she loves it too. I stockpile this so I can give jars to friends and family to try - everyone needs to know about it & stop wasting their money on expensive 'miracle' creams!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG night cream! Best one I've ever used! I always hated Olay and Garnier and thought all night creams were thick, heavy, and pointless. Not this one. I have combination skin and this feels light yet still very moisturizing. I love how soft and silky it makes my skin feel. It has never irritated nor broken out my skin, on the contrary, the Retinol has a subtle acne clearing, wrinkle tightening effect (it's supposed to do that, but I'm surprised I can actually notice the difference in my skin). This little gem was only $4 at Aldi, what a steal! It comes in a fancy glass jar, which is nice, but a tube or pump would make it easier for travel. But, I guess women are impressed w/ fancy packaging. I've been using this for about 6 months and I will definitely repurchase. The smell is light and pleasant. I feel I should mention, I do not like the day cream (same packaging but green instead of blue). It's too thick and heavy, but it might work for people w/ dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by MaryD85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In short I love this product. I was pleasantly surprised when I read how good it was and I was blown away. This product is amazingly moisturizing. I normally have oily skin (which gets oilier and acne-prone as the weather gets warmer). Though this cream goes on as if it is quite a oil-clogging cream, it is actually not. I found it to be extremely moisturizing without causing me acne! I have also noticed other reviewers comment on it causing them red bumps, drying skin, etc. I believe that this is because of the retinol-based ingredients - I found it too initially, but by slowly introducing it to my skin (i.e. building it up from once a week to every third day, to ever other day, etc)... the benefits have paid off.

I have previously spend $100s on expensive creams and 'state-of-the-art' skincare and nothing compares to this. I have seen a definite improvement in my laugh lines... I have a much brighter complexion and definitely no flakiness! My skin looks and feel well-rested.

The only downside to this product is the packaging - I wish it was in a pump ... retinol looses effectiveness as it becomes exposed to sunlight, air, etc. So I question how much effect the retinol really has on my skin. Needless to say I still rate this product very highly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SuburbanSue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I shop at Aldi about once a week, and I've seen the Lacura line there, but I had no idea it was a decent quality German skincare line. I thought it was just some weird "off" brand unique to Aldi. Then I happened across the reviews for this product. I thought to myself, "What can I possibly lose by giving it a try?" So I bought a jar for $4. I have been using this cream every night for a week, and I am amazed at how much it has improved my skin. I have a skin type that is hard to work with -- dry, but tending toward breakouts, and I have mild to moderate rosacea on my cheeks and forehead. This is the first cream that has ever done anything for my rosacea. After one application, my skin was literally half as red/inflamed as it normally is. After a week of usage, the redness has been toned down by about 75%, and I actually need to use blush again so I don't look pale as a ghost (in the past, my rosacea has eliminated the need for blush). My skin tone is even, my skin feels smooth and well-hydrated, I'm not breaking out -- in fact, the breakouts I had are going away. I don't have a lot of wrinkles, but this cream seems to be increasing cell turnover -- about as well as Green Cream or Avene Eluage (which both contain retinol), without the accompanying rosacea flareup I get with those products. Who would have ever thought a night cream as inexpensive as this would work better than products that cost 10 or 15 times as much? The *only* negative is the somewhat strong fragrance of this cream -- it kind of smells like herbal/floral shampoo -- but the scent dissipates soon after application. In short, this cream is a real find. If your Aldi has it, buy it and give it a try -- I can see this product working for a multitude of skin types.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on a tight budget at the moment and you can't get any more economical than a pot of moisturiser for 1.99. It's nice for my sensitive/dry skin in the winter. I think they have toned down the fragrance since I first used it which is good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The night cream is actually better than the day cream - at least for my skin, which is super-sensitive and irritable. This cream is not too greasy. I only use it on dry areas like the cheeks and neck. I usually do not put oil-based creams on the forehead and nose areas.

The fragrance of this cream is pleasant, though slightly strong. Other than keeping the skin hydrated, I wasn't expecting any magic from the cream. So I must say that with low expectations, I am quite pleased with the night cream.
The price is also good. I had bought Boots night cream which cost four times the Lacura cream, and ended with many spots and breakouts on my face.
So far, Lacura has been safe. Keeping my fingers crossed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by kellomtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really want to love this product! At first my skin felt so smooth and started looking great. But after a month I started getting these little white bumps all over my face and neck.