October 21, 2014 | 1919 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by emilyg98

This is horrible stuff. It's so powdery and cakey. It looks like you have just rubbed chalk all over your face. Once it is on your face the shade changes and goes really pale. I do like how it is compact though. But other than being compact i would definitely NOT recommend this

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MyLuvrs

I keep coming back to this product. It's a little more pink toned than I would like (in the lightest or second to lightest shades) but it does a great job at controlling oil. I have tried countless drugstore oil-control powders and haven't found a better one. The packaging is slim and simple. I generally use a primer, a few dabs of concealer, and then I apply this powder with a big powder brush. I keep a spare in my purse for touch ups and use a little brush that came with some other product, but the sponge is fine too. I sure hope they don't discontinue this, bc it's becoming harder to find. CVS usually stocks it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Bhale4559

This is my first ever review so it means this product is good! Ive tried a lot of foundations and this one I always go back to! It's a light to medium coverage and not very build-able. I have acne prone oily skin and this product just works for me..I only took off one point cause I do get kind of oily thru out the day but other than that I love it. I wouldn't get it if you have a light complexion though..they don't have many shades to choose from and it runs darker. When you first put it on it looks a bit powdery but within minutes when your natural oils mix with it and it looks flawless. I've had many people tell me I have a beautiful complexion when in reality I have acne marks and uneven skin tones. I'd highly suggest trying this out, I've been using it for years :) and it's really cheap and convenient!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Eswan15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the lightest shade (605 Ivory) because the sales lady it matches my skin tone. She tried it on my hand (which, I know, is wrong and it should be on the jawline). When I used it on my face, it made my face look a little darker. The coverage is so light that it didn't even cover the red marks (caused by pimples) on my face. And, as for the oil control thing, I'll just say "Forget about it." I was just so disappointed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. I love powders that have a light-to-medium coverage and this does the job! Even though it doesnt' control oil for more than 2 hours, I like that the color at least stays on my face! I have some redness around the sides of my nose and dark circles and this covers them up perfectly even after my face gets oily. This powder foundation puts the covergirl oil control pressed powder to shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Amyelizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally wear bare minerals but was looking for something to less expensive to swipe on when I was just running around town and didn't want to waste my bare minerals! This product is great for that! I wear the cerave moisturizer which leaves me shiny and I'm already oily as it is and this fixed it right up! It extremely light coverage!! It really just evens the skin tone and keeps the oiliness at bay. I have lots of redness on my cheeks and on my nose and this is masks it with a 2nd layer. It feels great on my skin and goes on very smooth. It is oil free and hypoallergenic. In bare minerals I use fairly light and sometimes even fair and I purchased the compact in classic ivory and it's a perfect match!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great. Oil control is good, Staying power is pretty good, and doesn't oxidize throughout the day! I probably will repurchase if I don't find anything better because its great! I used to use liquid foundation but when I started using this my friends and family said my skin looked the same! Powder foundation that covers like a liquid? Amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by KodyT13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

For a while this has been my go to foundation...mainly because I believed it was perfect for my oily skin. What a disaster! My bathrooms light must be weird. I have the lightest shade, 605, and it's still to dark. I'm quite pale, naturally so. When wearing this with a shirt that shows my neck, the contrast is startling. My face looks orange, and all this time I thought it was my liquid foundation! I think this foundation may oxidize a tiny bit.
    Horrible. I'm going back to liquid for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by briii

I really like this powder :] it's hard for me to find a good powder that looks natural, gives decent coverage and stays on long. This does all of those!! I was using Maybellines superstay powder but I kinda got over it do started looking for a new powder. After trying a few different ones I found this one :) and I'm so happy I did. I got this for around $6 at Walmart in the color 605. [originally got 610 but the color was too yellow for me] the shade matches me perfectly which is really hard to find, especially drugstore brands. So that's a huge plus for me. I love the coverage it gives and it still looks natural :] it covers any redness and discoloration without looking cakey. It obviously doesn't last all day but it does stay on pretty long. After about 6ish hours of wearing this I need to touch up a little. So it's not too bad. I know a lot of people hate the compact it comes in, but I love it. It's slim and easy to carry around in my makeup bag. I hate when powders come in huge compacts!! Anyways, I love this powder. It's cheap, gives nice natural coverage and it lasts a decent amount of time :] ohh and no breakouts for me! This is definitely a keeper!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaCali

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I picked out a tone that matched my skin color, But when I applied it on, It made me look very pale . . .And it wasn't very natural looking. . .