July 28, 2014 | 1591 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by missartsy

Perfect Topping is so pretty! It's not really frosty, just glowy. I use this on the highest part of my cheekbones + down my nose. It doesn't look oily at all. It looks really awesome in the pan, so i reach for this a lot. I like it better than high beam since i can just put this on without blending. Its expensive, but it will last me years. Its limited edition, but im sure some stores still have it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by dearambellina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best highlight in the world - seriously. It's a beautiful peachy color with a hint of violet. It goes on incredibly sheer but you can build up to the glow you desire. I like to use this with a peachy pink blush, then I put my setting powder on overtop for a subtle glow. I have already repurchased this because I love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by LavenderDaisy

This looks so pretty in the pan, and really pretty on. I use this to highlight the highest part of my cheekbones, and on the tip of my nose to add a really nice glow, without looking oily. I do wish mine had more lavender in it, but I still love this product. It's sort of like Benefit High Beam, but less dramatic. Of course like all good MAC products, this is LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by flchick75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVEEEEE this MSF. It is so different than all the other highlighters and MSFs that MAC has. It really just gives a glowy look on the skin and it's not glittery. It just makes you luminous. I REALLY hope it becomes part of the permanent line. I am going to stock up at the Cosmetic Company Outlets!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by spacedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I own a few MSFs, but Perfect Topping remains one of my favourites. First, and perhaps most importantly, the texture is excellent. It's one of the least gritty MSFs I think MAC have produced, so you can rest easy in the knowledge that you won't end up covered in glitter!

Of course, I also adore the colour. Mine has a bit more lavender veining than most, which I'm really happy with. It gives me a golden apricot, sun-kissed glow and people often comment on my skin looking really healthy and radiant when I wear it. I'm pretty pale, roughly an NC15 (I currently wear MUFE HD 115 for reference), and I can apply this without worrying about it looking over the top. I tend to only use it on my cheeks or cheekbones, and I usually layer it over a blush like Cubic, which is a muted, dusty pink. I have a fairly oily t-zone, so I don't tend to apply any type of shimmer to chin or nose. I've used it on people with darker and warmer skintones than mine and it looks fabulous on them, too, although the effect is a little more subtle. If you can't tell, I love this stuff!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by peach2u

Most beautiful MSF to use and to look at! Haha.
    I got two of them. One has a lot lavender tone, and the other has more creamy pinky tone. Both gorgeous. Before I bought them, I was thinking about using them as a highlighter. But when MA tried it on myself at the counter, she put it (I mean a lot!) all over my face. I got a bit scared when she did it, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the result. The fine shimmer of Perfect Topping added my NC20 skin a healthy glow. Very lovely. Since then, I'm a fan! I highly recommend. =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first MAC product. I have to say I really like it! I wanted to buy "Refined" but it was out of stock when I purchased this, and anyway the sa told me it would be a better shade for my coloring. She was right. It's a really nice goldish-pinkish-peachy shade and the texture of it is really soft. I am really glad that I bought this MSF, because I was testing a few other MSFs and they were full of chunky glitters wich I don't really like on my cheeks...
    Overall this is a great product, perfect for highlighting, but I only use it when my skin is clear(er than the usual) since it can accentuate big pores and blemishes.
    And I have to add that for its price MAC should include a mirror in MSF's packiging...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MSF. I bought it for $19 at CCO. It is a light pale pink. It works fantastic as a highlighter. I also layer this over a blush to give it some dimension by adding a sheen.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this MSF. I started with Revlon Brighten Mineral Finishing Powder and really liked it but wanted a more intense highlighter (while still being neutral/pinkish).

Perfect Topping is a great pink-champagne toned highlight. The bismuth kinda hurts my pores but if I wear it over liquid foundation thats no big deal. It can look cakey imo if layered over liquid though. I wish the bismuth did not make my face so hot. I wanted to try a msfn too but probably won't.

I think that Revlon Brighten is comparable to this, although it is a more silvery/yellow toned product when swatched (although it looks pink in the pan).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by lauralately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"Perfect", indeed! This is the first and only MSF I've bought, and I'm so happy with this that I doubt I'll need another - this one is absolutely my HG highlighter. Perfect Topping has a very pretty, finely-milled peachy-champagne shimmer that looks great on my pale skin dusted over cheekbones, browbones, tear ducts, bow of lips...yeah, I use this stuff everywhere. The shimmer is subtle - previous reviews have used the term "candlelit glow" to describe Perfect Topping's effect, and that's pretty accurate.