Yves Rocher Eye Make-up Remover with Camomile [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

on 8/18/2008 4:09:00 PM

I bought this after my friend recommended it and now wish I hadn't. The price is good especially since i bought it on sale but it does not take off my waterproof mascara or eyeliner. All it does is smudge the makeup all over my face and I end up using vaseline to take it off in the end. I've attempted a few times to use this but it does an awful job. The reason I gave this a three is because it does not sting or smell bad and I found a use for it. When I am applying my mascara and it gets on my eyelids I put a bit of this on a q-tip and use it to wipe off the mess which is does a pretty good job of. Probably won't buy again though.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Everything about this product is awful. The consistency is awful, the packaging is awful and the smell....well, let's just say that the smell reminds me of flowers that have been sitting in a vase for a month. The remover is useless for taking off my eye makeup, and I don't even use very much eyeshadow..only a thin layer. Attempting to take off mascara and liner with this remover results in lost eyelashes and smeared liner all over my face. Can those 3 reviewers who praised this product please tell me your secret? is there something that I'm doing wrong? because I don't think that taking off eye makeup should be rocket science.

on 1/28/2008 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this products for years, but I wasn't really satisfied with it because it didn't take away all of the make up. I never give other brands a chance until I took the time to look for another brand. I now use L'oreal and I see the difference now. I still gave this baby 2 lippies because the product is exptremely gentle for the eyes.
Tanja

on 11/1/2007 6:03:00 PM

A truly AWFUL product that doesn't remove anything. Now I know why this remover was on sale the day I purchased it, argh. Save your money and pass this product over... At the same price, there're plenty of better alternatives!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This *is* almost exactly like water, except it stings the eye.

on 8/8/2006 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i agree, it's like it's just bottled water. i wear liquid eyeliner too, which is much easier to get off than pencil. oh well.

on 8/6/2006 11:21:00 AM

This produ has great packaging, great pries and removes all my eye makeup no problem.

on 6/2/2006 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too have not had any problems with this product. It never bothers my eyes and takes my eye makeup off no problem.

on 5/15/2006 1:04:00 PM

At least I have never actually spent money on this waste of a product—Yves Rocher keeps sending me free mini bottles with my orders, so I have a bunch of these lying around the place. Finally tried one when I ran out of my usual remover, and found out why this was being given away for free. It is quite literally like water. That's it. Plain old water will pretty much do as good a job of removing eye makeup as this stuff will. It just wouldn't budge my eyeshadow, and I could forget all about it taking off my waterproof mascara! On the plus side, it doesn't sting...

...because it is like water. continued >>

on 1/27/2006 4:17:00 PM

I bought a few bottles of this on sale, because I love almost all of they Yves Rocher products I have tried. The packaging is great, and for those with sensitive eyes, I imagine it would be lovely as it is quite gentle. Unfortunately, it does take a lot of product to effectively remove eye makeup, and it is virtually impossible to remove waterproof/longwearing makeup with this. This causes you to tear and pull at your eye area whisch is never a good thing. I will not repurchase.