October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-Medium Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ljreed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am about as white as snow, and here in the south, all the "pretty girls" are tan. Despite being outside in the sun ALL THE TIME, I still couldn't seem to get a bronze complexion. Ive tries many different spray on tans and tanning lotions, but these often caused streaking or orangeness, and took a long time o build up, but to my surprise, about an hour after applying the foam, I already began to see results. Now 3 days later, I look like I like in the sun! I am EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH THIS PRODUCT!*

*Shave and exfoliate skin before applying. I recommend washing hands, knees and elbows after applying to avoid and orange streaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

This stuff truly is a great drugstore find for summer! I am not a fan of self tanners because I feel like the smell sticks with me wherever I go. I tried this, because I was in dire need of a tan before I left for Florida vacation. Good thing I picked it up! I use it when I get out of the shower and am freshly exfoliated. It goes on smooth and dries really fast! I was actually surprised at the moisture ability of this product. Usually I have to slab on a huge amount of moisturizer for my extremely sensitive legs after I shave. But this stuff didn't irritate razor burn, or irritate my legs in any way! It has a great color, but I do recommend getting the medium-tan version. The fair version didn't show up on me. The tan it gives is natural and not orange at all. For only around $8 its a pretty great find. Check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I absolutely am head over heels in love with this stuff! I used to tan in the tanning bed about 5 times a week so i am used to being pretty tan, until my mom popped up with stage 4 melanoma cancer....all the sudden the tanning bed looked very undesirable! But with fair skin, blue eyes and natural light hair I should have known better. But then I tried this stuff and wow, the color is amazing, it really is the natural tan color I achieve in the tanning bed. Kudos to you Jergens for saving all our skin, I will fake bake with this stuff any day of the week!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by BlondeMama

HOLY FREAKING GRAIL.
This is an amazing self tanner. The foam dries SOOO quick but not too quick so you have time to rub it in. As soon as you've gotten it thouroughly rubbed in then its already dry. You dont have to walk around feeling sticky and smelling that crappy self tanner smell. This has no smell at all! I definitely reccommend this and will repurchase and repurchase !!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by invisiblemonstar

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I'm incredibly fair, and I've always wanted sun kissed skin (minus the possible cancer) This tanner is a godsend. It's not orange, but it is incredibly pigmented-yet it's fairly easy to achieve and maintain the color that you want after you get the hang of it. I love that it has a foam formula- I find that there's less of a chance it'll get spotty or streaky on me and usually looks fairly even! One of the big selling points, though, was the smell. I got the "odor free" formula, and I didn't really think it would live up to this claim. BUT IT DID! There is some smell immediately after I put it on, but once dry, I can't smell it at all! No more fake tanner nastiness!
However, the one downside that I can see is the packaging. Although the foam itself is convenient, the can tends to disperse way more product than I want, and will continue to seep product after I use it. This isn't a huge problem for me, though, because I end up using all of the extra product anyway, but it would definitely annoy me if this was a more expensive tanner.

But with this color and at this price? I've already gone through two bottles of this stuff! HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Karadelaney

LOVE! I'm super fair skinned and this gave me a really healthy brown glow. It's dries so quick and once it is dried the smell is gone. The lotion version of this made me sweat so badly and when I bought the foam my application time was cut in half!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used the Fair to Medium bottle on my legs a week ago and didn't noticed enough tan, so I used the Medium to Tan bottle on my legs a few days ago. Wow what a difference and its a nice even tan without the orange look. I only used it once and so far it has lasted 2 days, without any re-application. No reaction to my skin. I applied the product after a shower without any lotions or powders applied to my clear skin. The foam smells floral, streak free, and dries VERY fast. I would definitely buy this product again, maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by SamBeatriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying this- I am REALLY pale. So seeing any type of tan on me looks strange and fake. But I started using this in the hopes of building up a natural looking tan without scaring myself when I look in the mirror. I am used to high end spray tans since my mom works in a spa and does them for special occasions but it's such a pain and I hated when it wore off. I was looking for something lasting and natural to have a glow all summer long. I'll admit- at first I thought it HAD to look orange and fake and was very paranoid I looked like an orange's cousin but people kept complimenting me. Finally we took pictures on the beach and I wasn't blinding people with my whiteness! I looked beautifully and evenly tanned. Bottom line: the foam is easy to apply and not streaky. The bottle lasts forever and is cheap compared to many tanners. I used it on my face and it's very light and didn't clog my pores. It builds beautifully and evenly. It looks natural. It dries quickly. Pleasant smell(sort of flowery with a hint of tanner) that goes away after about 30 min. I would recommend it to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

This is one of my favorite sunless tanners. I have tried a few in the past, almost exclusively drugstore brands, and this one seems to work the best. It is the most fool proof and natural. It doesn't impart a hugely dark tan, but if you are pale and sort of self-tanner challenged this is a good product to try out. I wear salon gloves when I apply this and a back-wand applicator type device for my back. I apply this to my face with no problems (I have acne prone skin). The foam dries relatively quickly...not instantly, but faster than lotions. It has that stinky self-tanner smell, but I think the company might have reformulated the products so they don't stink...we will see about that.

One can will last forever. Make sure you apply this carefully over your feet, heels and hands. I try to put lotion over those places, but sometimes forget. I don't seem to have terrible issues with staining of my knees or elbows, but if you do apply a lotion before putting this on. Or buy an aerosol self tanner like Banana Boats and use that for the tops of your feet and hands. I shower in the morning so I like to apply my self tanner at night and then let it develop as I sleep. This will stain your bedding so be warned. There is no color guide per say, but as it develops and you get a good tan, as your skin sloughs off it will deposit on your bedding.

As with all self tanners I have used this looks great for like the first week and is really even, but once you start to shed skin cells this will look patchy. I need to be better about exfoliating, but I think there will always be some unevenness involved with self-tanning.

I currently use this product on my body and Sun Lab's Very Dark for my legs and arms. I have been experimenting with a few different sunless tanners. My suggestion is to try a few out and use whichever product works for your body, skin color and particular body part. I think all the different formulas (lotions, gets, sprays, foams, etc.) have a good use for a specific area of your body. I like lotions and gels for my legs and arms....and foams for my back and front torso, chest and face. I like the spray cans for my feet and hands. Sometimes I will use the foam for my hands and wrist. I like to switch it up.

I have also found that wiping my eyebrows with witch hazel prevents them from becoming discolored. I don't want to put lotion on my eyebrows. I will sometimes throw a few drops of witch hazel on the palms of my hands and use it is to wipe off any tanner that might have gotten on there by mistake. This has been pretty successful just be careful you don't splash yourself and apply the witch hazel to your eyebrows with a q-tip and avoid your skin as it will wipe off the product.

Wear light clothes with the knowledge you will probably have transfer on the armpits and anywhere your body rubs. It is just a small price to pay. And depending when you apply self tanner your clothes might pick up the scent. I apply at night and shower in the morning and find this really cuts down on the self-tanner smell.

I wish you the best of luck!!! :) Oh and fellow pale gals/gents please just skip the fair to medium version of this tanner and kindly buy yourself the medium version. You do not need to be afraid.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am a connoisseur of fake tan. Especially after a bout with skin cancer three years ago. I've tried everything on the market. I've been orange. Streaky, blotchy..all in an effort to find the perfect faux tan. Well ladies and gents of MUA, Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisterizer is one of the best on the market. It is well-worth the seven bucks. In fact, I do believe it out-tans and out-performs St. Tropez. It is just as great as TanTowels.
Jergens, has, over the years managed to get it right. They can even take the word "moisterizer" out of the packaging and I *along with others* would still purchase it.
It applies nicely, a moussey foam, which is nice and neat, non greasy, non runny, easy to apply--in a circular motion. It dries in minutes so you can apply after your morning shower or bath, rub the foam in, and get dressed for work.
The color is nice and even and even after a couple of days, doesn't blotch up.
No offensive odor at all. I know the regular creamy version of Natural Glow has a scent that smells kind of sweaty after a while.
This product has received a 5 from me because it really looks great and the application process is quite foolproof.
The price--well, it isn't as expensive as many of the high-end fakers, but it isn't as dirt cheap as Ocean Potion either.
The packaging also gets a nice 5 from me because I'm a sucker for foam--seriously--my foam love started when I was a kid and played for hours in the bathtub with that Crazy Foam soap!
I would absolutely re-purchase..In fact, I have to make a run for this stuff this weekend.
If you try this, I think you will really like it and be pleased. Remember, my young MUA'ers. It is better to fake tan than to go to a tanning bed. Take it from me, you do NOT want to have MOHS surgery on your face from baking in the sun!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No