Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I loved this in the shop, but I thought it was thicker than it is!

It's so strange, because in the shop the formula is thick and really covered well. But after I got it home, opened it up, and squirted some out I realized how oily and watery it is! OH no... I thought maybe I should just shake it up a lot, so I did that, but still it was very thin. I don't get it. maybe my tube was bad. I ended up taking it back, and went back to Bobbie Brown concealer.

Also with the Lock it foundation I found this stuff wasn't even needed! The foundation is already thick, shoot, it's thicker than this concealer. I really don't know how this would ever cover a tattoo. I didn't try to cover a tattoo, because I wanted to not use a bunch, so I could return mine. It might cover a tattoo well for all I know.

I love the cute packaging for this though, and it does conceal a bit, also it's very smooth and didn't highlight my crows feet, so it's not a terrible concealer, but I need another one for when I don't use the matching foundation. I guess it's a good match, but only for it's foundation! And I think it's more for spots, because it didn't help with my dark circles without the foundation. It would be great for spot treatment concealment, and then brushed with a bit of powder I bet. I hope this review makes sense.

on 3/30/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a let-down. Not full coverage at all. Very oily. Overpriced when considering the quality of the product.

on 2/22/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very picky about concealers. I started out using Lancome for years and switched over to Makeup Forever. I tried Amazing Cosmetics and hated it (too cakey). I also tried MAC with the same issues. I wanted to love Dermablend but it melts off. THIS concealer is the holy grail. I tried it at sephora and was like wow. Still I did not want to commit so I asked for a sample. I will be purchasing this from now on and it's not as expensive as the others. The guy at sephora said be careful it can be cakey but I have found it to be not so. This stuff covers and LASTS even the next day. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin lately thst it looks flawless. I think I'm gonna give the tattoo foundation a whirl next.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! This is my favorite concealer and I use it every morning for my dark circles. I have the worst dark circles and this one makes me look less crazy than usual

on 1/25/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Settles in lines within an hour of wear. Coverage is average.

on 12/24/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to like this. I tested it out in Sephora, and it matched my skin well and did a great job of covering my hyperpigmentation. I bought it on the spot. Mistake. I wore it for two days before it broke me the fuck out. I traded it in for store credit and went back to my LA Girl Pro Concealer.

on 11/20/2014 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This concealer is very watery and thin. I was hoping it would be a little bit thicker thus providing more coverage, but no. Every time I use some, a bunch of water comes out too, even though I've tried to mix it up by kneading the tube. The coverage is pretty light but slightly buildable; I can't possible imagine that this would be able to cover up tattoos as it doesn't even cover blemishes very well. I don't reach for this very often and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 11/20/2014 8:31:00 PM

Terrible! I got three colors of this at Sephora (samples) and I absolutely hate it. It is highly pigmented but it just sits on top of your face, it doesn't blend. I tried it under make up, I tried it over make up. I tried it alone. I tried it with moisturizer, I tried it without moisturizer. It is awful. It absolutely will not blend, it's cakey and streaky

Not sure if I would repurchase this product. Even the lightest shade dries orange on my skin. If i want to wear it, it has to be applied before my foundation goes on - and must be blended very, very well around the outer part of my face or I end up with a BIG ORANGE line around my hairline and/or jaw. It's really quite sad, because I absolutely love the coverage this concealer gives. Even my "tan" summer skin is too light for this product. I'm not sure how I will even be able to pull it off during the winter months. I would love to see a larger shade range from this line, because the coverage from the Kat Von D lock-it products are truly unbeatable.

on 8/22/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would buy this again, but I don't think I will ever run out of it! I put a teensy weensy little bit on my right hand ring finger, tap some on my opposite hand finger, then pat below my eyes. No creases, no settling into lines, no dryness. And since I'm older, I think that's really saying something. I would only get a tattoo if I were dead, so I can't speak to that. But for under eye concealing, it's really great.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products