December 19, 2014 | 1046 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Lavendork

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've been looking for a good concealer for minimal spots of coverage. I don't need much, just a bit under my eyes, around the alars of my nose and to contour my lips. A friend let me use this concealer once while getting ready to attend a fashion show, and I was a bit hesitant after using the Lock-It foundation and seeing how cakey it went on my skin. Nevertheless, I was DAZZLED by this stuff. My skin has NEVER looked so luminous and clear. It was like Barbie skin, minus the shine. And over time, it stayed exactly as fresh and clean as the moment I applied it, which is a godsend in any makeup; after all, the last thing you want is for your skin to start cracking down and pilling up the ingredients on your skin. I would definitely buy this product again. It's thick, but not as thick as, say, Amazing Cosmetics Concealer, and CERTAINLY not as expensive (HUGE +). All in all, a good deal for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by bybare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why the bad reviews on this product, it is the BEST concealer on the market! This is my holy grail concealer going on 2 years. It is creamy and thats what you need to have time to blend and melt into your skin. What other concealer does that? 1 tube lasted me for a year and a half as I dont have much to cover but then you use a tiny bit. I dont use a regular concealer brush either, that may be why its creasing in wrinkles for others. I use a buff brush MAC 224 or ELF concealer blend brush buffs the cream out. My shade is Caramel!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a concealer for months. I tried a lot of high end concealers & this just didn't work for me. I have oily skin and this felt like it had such an oily base so it just slipped & slided all over my skin. I did like that a little went a long way but the consistency felt more like a foundation. It wasn't thick and creamy like I feel a concealer should be. Although I do think this product would be great for contouring. Love her products but this just didn't do it for me. :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Ashram1189

Very thick consistency. Easy to blend. covers great. my only complain is that it creases under my eye. not matter how much or little i put it creases. With moisturizer and primer it creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by woahhitsmariaa

it is my favorite, it doesnt look cakey, it doesnt last all day but it looks natural, and not patchy. you get a lot of product for 25$ i use it on my blumishes & also under my eyes, and i love it !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by bryony6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is HG status for me. It covers acne and PIH with a tiny amount of product. There are a few things to note, though. I would not recommend this for under eyes. It is much to thick and it will crease. Also, all the shades available lean rather yellow. But there is nothing that can compare in acne covering.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by taraconnely

I would not purchase this concealer ever again. I was so excited about the concealer when I first heard about it because I have a light freckled birthmark around my eye that the person at Sephora aid this concealer would definitely cover. When I tried it it did cover the light freckles but at the se time it made me look about 10 years older because the concealer just trapped itself in every little line under my eyes. I have used plenty of other concealers including some waterproof ones and this was, by far the worst, for settling into any wrinkles and making me look older. I would not repurchase or recommend this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by bethanydb

absolutely LOVE the lock it foundation so I assumed this would be a great product. I was wrong -- watery consistency, hard to get out if the tube...nothing special. I prefer my $5 maybelline fit me concealer to this. such a disappointment. thought it would give me similar full coverage as the foundation did if I did not feel like wearing a heavy foundation, but it was not enough

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by rch117570

There's NOTHING special about this concealer. I bought it cause I thought man if it can cover tattoos it can cover my horrible dark circles! Nope. I have a $10 dollar concealer from Mary Kay and it lasts and covers better than this expensive tube of concealer. It doesn't conceal much I can still see my horrible circles! :( And it doesn't last long on my skin either. Wouldn't buy again it's a waste of money. For the price I expected better than this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the consistency of this concealer. it applies so nicely and smoothly! Unfortunately, I just couldn't get it to provide the amount of coverage I need, which, in all fairness, isn't an overly huge amount. I don't have breakouts to cover or anything; only moderate under eye circles and redness around my nose. When I would first apply it, it looked pretty nice, but the coverage didn't last long. And if I tried to add more later in the day, it would look dry and cakey and accentuate fine lines. I used it many times before returning it but I just couldn't get it to work for me. It didn't give enough coverage and didn't last long enough on my normal/dry skin. I really, really can't see how this could ever cover a tattoo. The Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation, however, could do it with no problem. I was really hoping for a concealer more of that caliber.