Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I bought this online at sephora. I was so excited about this and I was really disappointed. It doesnt cover anything!! Some pros are that it doesnt crease and it is very light. I didnt like the consistency it was definitely not my product

Hello is there a shade for us pale gals!?!? No there isn't. And the coverage is garbage

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I use this on occasion if I need to cover up my tattoos it stays put and hides them great! No one can ever tell :) must have!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I believe this is now called Lock-It Concealer instead of Tattoo Concealer. This is excellent. I would describe the coverage as medium unless you build it in layers. I was dubious that it covers tattoos as the original name implies but a tattooed person claims it works. Maybe if you apply several coats and use a brush. I think of full coverage as MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 or Cle de Peau's stick concealer, and both are thicker than this. I like Cle De Peau the most.

KVD Concealer still provides good coverage and looks natural when blended as long as you have chosen a good color match for your skin. It doesn't completely wipe out my dark circles unless I use another product (such as a peach undertone corrector or yellow-toned powder) over it, but at least it never seems to look heavy or obvious.

It's creamy but more like a lotion than the concentrated MAC Studio Finish. Convenient to tote around in its tube packaging, easy to use. I can apply this with fingertips whereas MAC's is best applied with a brush. It is less prone to creasing than the stick concealers tend to be and is safe to use in the undereye area. I've had no irritation from this at all.

If you have dry skin, you may prefer this texture to a stick. It works for oily skin as well. You're supposed to set it with powder but when I forget, it doesn't look bad.

I bought the color Light 16, which is a very neutral light beige. However I could easily be using Light 18 which is a little more yellow and brighter, and doesn't seem to be darker than 16. The formula doesn't irritate my skin and is fragrance free. Lasts well. I don't have to keep touching it up. Also, it looks more like skin than many of the other concealers I've tried, so it doesn't look like I've caked on a lot of makeup.

Priced at $25, it isn't the cheapest but it does last a long time. It's a lot less than Cle de Peau. I love the coverage I get from Cle de Peau, but if you use too much or use it over emolllient eye cream, it can crease. So can Studio Finish - my solution with all 3 of these is not to use eye cream in the morning and I don't have problems.

Kat Von D does not do animal testing. If you want to restrict your buying to cruelty free brands, this concealer is a great alternative to MAC or Cle de Peau. I gave this 4 out of 5 and would definitely buy again. I'd actually like to have both 16 and 18.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This concealer provides full coverage. It worked well for my acne prone skin. The only thing is the product is thick and tend to make my skin look oily I kept having to powder my face through out the day. All blemishes are very well concealed when I used this. When I break out and want to cover my blemishes for a important event this always comes to my rescue. I recommend this if your going to big event or party that isn't a all day thing I use it for emergencies.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does need 2 layers to get rid of my more stubborn red spots, but this stuff lasts on my skin all day.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried this out for blemishes, and it was very similar to the foundation I found. Super thick and felt heavy on the skin. Also made the texture of my skin look different/cakey. The colour was a pretty good match however, I wore Light #18.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Love this concealer as well! This concealer is a bit thinner than others that I've tried, but it covers very well! Creases very minimally (VERY minimally), but nothing that can't be easily fixed with a quick pat of the finger. I wish there were more shades though. I had to purchase 2 - in Light 16 & Medium 24 to get my perfect match. I mix a drop of each on the back of my hand, and it covers my dark under eye circles nicely. This concealer will definitely cover whatever you need it to! I have a couple of brown spots due to sun damage, and they are completely undetectable when using this over a corrector!!! It dries and sets like a dream, and it has awesome lasting power! This concealer is completely matte on me. IMO, this isn't drying on my skin, although I do tend to lean dry with oiliness only in my t-zone. Love the price of this-$25! I have found that this applies better when allowed to warm up some on the back of my hand first. I use my fluffly concealer brush to lightly blend and buff it into my skin with light circular motions. I set lightly with minimal powder. I have noticed that after I wash my hands, water just beads up on the back of my hand where I have mixed the concealer. I don't know if it suppose to be waterproof, but I do imagine that it would hold up very well if you live in a very humid climate. Overall, a really great concealer that's worth the price! Give it a go, and I would repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I loved this in the shop, but I thought it was thicker than it is!

It's so strange, because in the shop the formula is thick and really covered well. But after I got it home, opened it up, and squirted some out I realized how oily and watery it is! OH no... I thought maybe I should just shake it up a lot, so I did that, but still it was very thin. I don't get it. maybe my tube was bad. I ended up taking it back, and went back to Bobbie Brown concealer.

Also with the Lock it foundation I found this stuff wasn't even needed! The foundation is already thick, shoot, it's thicker than this concealer. I really don't know how this would ever cover a tattoo. I didn't try to cover a tattoo, because I wanted to not use a bunch, so I could return mine. It might cover a tattoo well for all I know.

I love the cute packaging for this though, and it does conceal a bit, also it's very smooth and didn't highlight my crows feet, so it's not a terrible concealer, but I need another one for when I don't use the matching foundation. I guess it's a good match, but only for it's foundation! And I think it's more for spots, because it didn't help with my dark circles without the foundation. It would be great for spot treatment concealment, and then brushed with a bit of powder I bet. I hope this review makes sense.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a let-down. Not full coverage at all. Very oily. Overpriced when considering the quality of the product.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products