April 20, 2014 | 1023 users online

Crème - TheBalm - Time Balm Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Timeformakeup

Time balm foundation made by the balm. First of all I love the balm products I was drawn in mostly by the packaging sorta retro vintage cute. With the exception to this foundations package which kinda sucks.
A while ago I checked out the tester in the drugstore and it just seemed like it would be greasy and thick and slippery, I can't pinpoint exactly what it was about it but it seemed like a mess plus there were only four vague colors there so I put it back. After reading the reviews I decided to try it when it was on sale for $19.99 Canadian I got the mid- medium color and it actually matches pretty perfectly. I used my fingers then buffed it out with a foundation brush not sure how I feel about the sponge that comes with it.
It was not as greasy as I though, actually not at all.. I have always used liquid foundations because I felt they had better coverage but this had good coverage. Not greasy. I haven't retouched yet just set it lightly with dream matte powder, I have acne scaring and it covered pretty good it's buildable.
My biggest problem with this is the packaging I found little fuzzies stuck in it after a couple uses and I tried to be carful and not double dip so that was kinda gross.
Overall I like it. My pores don't feel clogged. It dosnt look or feel like I'm wearing a mask or heavy makeup and it hasn't broke me out (cross fingers) if it does ill update. And I hope once the weather gets warmer it dosnt change I would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by shell1215

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an "unfoundation" foundation kind of girl. Mostly it scares me and I always fear breaking out since my skin is sensitive. I bought this on a lark and I'm glad I took a chance!! This foundation is amazing and so very worth what I paid. The coverage is amazing and buildable. It blends well, looks natural and stays put. I haven't broken out yet. I purchased the light/med and it is perfect for my winter skin. I foresee getting the med. color as summer nears. The packaging is not that big of deal as some reviewers have complained. If you want fancy packaging then go pay the big $$$, but it doesn't mean the product is worth it!! Again, this stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by AJOHN020

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

this stuff covers so well and doesn't look cakey at all. Vey matte finish, very pretty. I will repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

I would not recommend this foundation to anyone. It is over-priced, hard to apply, has poor staying power and terrible packaging.

For an amazing creme foundation may I suggest those by Graftobian and Ben Nye. They are so beautiful and much better priced than the Time Balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this dirt cheap from Hautelook when I was looking for something with a little more coverage than my usual TM routine for an upcoming Christmas party. This definitely can give more coverage than I need if I'm not careful but appled with a light hand and blended well looks great. I ordered this in Medium and find the shade a tad light but wearable and the staying power is fantastic. I like this best blended over my TM only in the areas that need the extra coverage like under my eyes and around my nose and mouth. This way looks really natural, covers any redness and holds up better than any concealer I've ever used. This can feel a little dry at first in the container, similar to their concealer, but I just scrape a tiny bit off the top with a q-tip onto the back of my hand, rub it in a bit to warm it up and dot on with my fingertips. I then blend it out with a damp sponge or a brush. This pan should last me forever but when I run out I'd buy it again for those days that I need the extra coverage. I took one lippie off for lack of shade choices which could be an issue for me in the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Mazilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am now onto my third one! I don't use the sponge that it comes with but rather a better quality one. Coverage is good for me as I have hyper-pigmentation from contraception pill. The colour I prefer is Mid-Medium. Although you'll have to master your technique of application whether you wipe across or press the product on. Firstly, I slightly dampen the sponge with water or setting spray from Urban Decay. The product is also fabulous if you prefer to use a Foundation Brush, perfect consistency for it. I also use Thebalm concealer in medium under my eyes and mid-medium on pigmentation applied AFTER foundation with fingertip (I know, naughty) or concealer brush. I then finish off with a light dust of mineral powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Despite cheap looking package, this foundation delivers. I bought it for 28$ with some other products and got 15% discount on beautybridge.com
The first impression wasn't that great. It wasn't easy to smooth on to my skin and I had to work really hard to blend it. But as soon as I blended it in I enjoyed the result. It gives medium to full coverage, no need for concealer. My red cheeks, blemishes and sports were gone, plus - natural look. I started to experiment mixing this foundation with tinted moisterizers and it blended better. Now I just use my Elf mineral infused primer and glides and blends perfectly, no need for mixing it with moisterizers.
I would say its very important to use a primers with it or it may look cakey.
I would also recommend moisterizing you skin before, otherwise it will accentuate dry patches, if you have. I also used a rosy hip oil as a primer and it worked perfectly.
The finish is not matte, a little bit glowy.
Girls with very oily skin may need to use setting powder too.
I was afraid that creamy foundations may look heavy, but it doesn't. It looks quite natural, plus it hides my imperfections.
I didn't wear it for a long day, but it seemed to me that I may need some touch up, depending on the weather.
I don't use Timebalm every single day, only when I need more coverage. I am sure I'm not going to use it sIummer time as well - too heavy for hot summers and my oily skin.
I have it in light shade, which seems dark in the jar, but gives light finish.
I am happy I have this cream foundation in my make up collection. Some days I need more coverage and this is excellent for hiding flaws!
The package is not the best one, but I can overlook it as far as the product delivers.
I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is way less greasy than benefit SKAG and Revlon photo ready liquid compact with the screen/ sponge. Applied very lightly, this gave me great coverage without looking heavy. Light medium is a perfect match for my winter pallor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Auughh!! So I went a lil crazy last week and bought this, Sexy Mama, Bahama Mama, and the Time Balm Spot Concealer w Tea Tree Oil. I have reviewed all the others (lurvedd them). This was the last one I tried because I wasn't so sure about it. It looked dark in the pan and also dry. I've had bad experiences with cream fdtns before and usually stick with liquid. The creams are either too thick and cake, have a wonky finish, or are way too emollient and melt off mid-day. But I'd heard the coverage of this one was excellent as well as the finish so I decided to give it a go. I got Light-medium because Light looked slightly more pink/neutral and LM slightly more yellow but otherwise it was a tough call and I was nervous. Turned out I was spot on, the color is perfect, but being as I saw only 4 colors when I bought it I'd imagine most people wouldn't be a lucky as me with their match. Now the application- start slow and if it doesn't seem to working try another way. It's difficult, but I got a method down. Some people use a damp beauty blender, I just use my fingers on mositurized skin. I apply the mositurizer, wait 10 minutes, thouroughly was my hands with antibacterial soap, and then swirl my ring finger around the product til I get a warmed up patch. Then I dot and pat the fdtn out very lightly and go back over anything that shows through. I add the concealer on raised spots if I have any then powder with Sexy Mama. The finish this way looks totally natural, like I'm not wearing anything at all. It's amazing. And no imperfections show thru, and no flakes jump out at you like "heyy look me!" And hours later im dewey-looking but no oil slick. I may blot at the end of an 8 hour day, only my forehead and sides of my nose. If I touch my face, the weird thing is it feels as though I'm wearing the makeup- but then I pull my hand or phone away and there's nothing on it. Maybe it's locking in the mositure on my normally dry cheeks, and that's what I'm feeling? It's kind of strange because it feels like it will transfer but it doesn't. Maybe it's just me hmm. Also it last pretty long, I fell asleep in it (gross I know) and when I used a wipe to take it off it was almost all there (and no resulting break-out from that dumb move either). So I'd say it's a keeper. Only the package is crummy and the sponge is useless..however you get an amazing amount of makeup for the price in that crappy case so I'll let it go. I'm just paranoid it will crack. And I don't like dipping my fingers in product, or a dirty sponge over and over but I wash my hands and that's another problem solved. Just the thought of a fuzzy or piece of hair flying in there and getting stuck bleehh..but that's what you get with creams, so I'll deal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I am honestly so glad I gave this a try! I used to use the Avene compact foundation and was very loyal but I work at a drugstore and get discounts on products so I was tempted to see if this was any better. Initially I was turned off because I had a breakout but it turns out it was unrelated. This stuff applies beautifully, maybe a bit easier to spread over a moisturizer. It gives an absolutely flawless finish but doesn't look like a ton of makeup, and it lasts! I also really like that it doesn't have an SPF, as I find that makes me look like a ghost in photos, but I do apply a moisturizer with and SPF in it on first.
I still like the Avene but I go through it like every month. This stuff might last me a year +. Update: I recently have discovered that this makes me look shiny and oily in pics. Too bad, I liked it in person but don't like the finish when I see it in pictures.