TheBalm TimeBalm Foundation

Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Talc, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterol, Phospholipids, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 Mica CI 77019. May Contain: Ultramarines CI 77007.

on 12/23/2013 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I would buy again cause I feel like it doesn't bother my skin after 10 hours since applying and its price is good. The color choices are nice. I have dry skin if I don't put any moisturize just right before my foundation, my skin has some flakes in some areas. Its covering is beautifully and naturally, doesn't look cakey.

on 12/22/2013 12:25:00 PM

I keep coming back to this foundation over and over again. When I first tried it 3 years ago it took a little adjusting to use properly but once you have the trick it is amazing! The foundation is quite thick and creamy, almost greasy looking. I use Medium and Medium/Light throughout the year mixing as my skin warms and pales with the seasons. I always apply a primer first. Light application is crucial with blending to desired coverage. I use a Shiseido foundation brush and lightly tap the brush head to apply color. I lightly tap product all over my face and let it warm for a few seconds. Then I blend, blend, blend, blend. If I desire additional coverage I just repeat the previous process. Product covers my hyperpigmentation without additional concealer, leaving me with a dewy complexion. Coverage does not look mask like or feel heavy. I have no time for touch ups during the day (I'm a nurse on the floor). I can apply at 7 am and still look great at 7 pm to go out to dinner!

on 11/12/2013 5:45:00 PM

Love this foundation for the Winter it's amazing on my skin and very easy to apply. I purchased this in lightest light because in the colder months I'm ghostly and I want it to match my neck I'm about an NW20 or N1 so this works very well for me. With this product I do use a makeup refresher like Fix+ to help sheer it out this otherwise it's way to heavy and thick on my skin. I usually don't need medium to full coverage but I wanted something where it multitasked. This does for me it covers my under eyes well and any spot if there is one that needs covering.

What I do it I warm it up in the pan and spray my brush with the Fix+ then I apply some to my areas that need the most coverage. Like my forehead, nose, lip area, and chin. Then I just sheer it out with a 190 foundation brush in short strokes and set with powder. Once set it does not budge till I remove it. Its like it sinks into my skin it's fantastic for the cold weather. I have combo skin and this lasts all day on me without touchups. If I need a touch up it's usually just a dot of concealer and that's it. The packaging could be better I would love a compact where I could purchase refiles but I think because I am oily in the summer this will be better suited for the colder months.
I love this because it works so well and you don't need a lot at all to get a great finish. I would most definitely buy this again.
Recommended!

on 11/2/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

EDIT:Started to find clogs, then cysts. Darn.

Really nice foundation for silicone sensitive gals. And the finish is wonderful! I have combo skin, with occasional dry patches, super prone to clogs and breakouts. This stuff just evens everything out and looks like I have no foundation on.

Super happy.

on 10/13/2013 10:53:00 PM

After being very happy about the balmshelter TM I decided to pick up this foundation for days I need more coverage. Wow, it gives me a flawless finish on my very dry skin. All the other foundation I've used before easily make me look cakey no matter how sheer I apply them, but this foundation actually makes my skin look hydrated and glowing. I just wet the sponge and gently press the product all over my face. I can easily get a flawless finish by using very little product (my bobbi brown foundation stick ran out in 3 month if I use it daily as foundation). I also use it as a concealer, I don't know why the timebalm concealer is so expansive because the ingredients are exactly the same as the foundation (maybe it's more concentrated or something), so if you need a concealer, pick up the foundation instead, it works as well as the concealer and it definitely offers better value for money.

Also I do like the packaging, I know many others don't because of the plastic container, but it doesn't feel like cheap light plastic, more like a glass container to me. I know thebalm never use fancy materials on packaging like HE brands anyway, just like their signature cardboard packagings. The quality of their products are as good as the HE brands (some are even better), so I know the cheaper prices means saving money on packagings.

This is the best foundation I've found for my dry skin so far, and it's harsh chemical free. Definitely will repurchase if this one ever runs out.

on 8/12/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this last week and I must say that I love this product. For daily use, I would normally wear MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NC35 (with highlights using MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC30) and top off with MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark.

I purchased the Time Balm in Mid-Med and my thoughts were:

PROS:
- I liked the ease of use this product had to offer, just swipe the jar with the sponge that came with it and smear it all over my moisturized face
- Blends pretty well over moisturized face
- Healthy, glowy finish
- Doesn't break me out
- No fragrance

CONS:
- Wish the packaging was a little more generous like adding a built-in mirror or something
- Wish it came in more shades so more people could try this

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Let me start by saying that this is made for people with oily skin. It's very thick and has full coverage. It's made with rice to absorb oil. Lasts all day. I recommend using this with a wet sponge, such as the Beauty Blender.

Time balm foundation made by the balm. First of all I love the balm products I was drawn in mostly by the packaging sorta retro vintage cute. With the exception to this foundations package which kinda sucks.
A while ago I checked out the tester in the drugstore and it just seemed like it would be greasy and thick and slippery, I can't pinpoint exactly what it was about it but it seemed like a mess plus there were only four vague colors there so I put it back. After reading the reviews I decided to try it when it was on sale for $19.99 Canadian I got the mid- medium color and it actually matches pretty perfectly. I used my fingers then buffed it out with a foundation brush not sure how I feel about the sponge that comes with it.
It was not as greasy as I though, actually not at all.. I have always used liquid foundations because I felt they had better coverage but this had good coverage. Not greasy. I haven't retouched yet just set it lightly with dream matte powder, I have acne scaring and it covered pretty good it's buildable.
My biggest problem with this is the packaging I found little fuzzies stuck in it after a couple uses and I tried to be carful and not double dip so that was kinda gross.
Overall I like it. My pores don't feel clogged. It dosnt look or feel like I'm wearing a mask or heavy makeup and it hasn't broke me out (cross fingers) if it does ill update. And I hope once the weather gets warmer it dosnt change I would buy again

on 1/19/2013 3:04:00 PM

I'm an "unfoundation" foundation kind of girl. Mostly it scares me and I always fear breaking out since my skin is sensitive. I bought this on a lark and I'm glad I took a chance!! This foundation is amazing and so very worth what I paid. The coverage is amazing and buildable. It blends well, looks natural and stays put. I haven't broken out yet. I purchased the light/med and it is perfect for my winter skin. I foresee getting the med. color as summer nears. The packaging is not that big of deal as some reviewers have complained. If you want fancy packaging then go pay the big $$$, but it doesn't mean the product is worth it!! Again, this stuff is amazing.

on 1/19/2013 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this stuff covers so well and doesn't look cakey at all. Vey matte finish, very pretty. I will repurchase