TheBalm TimeBalm Foundation

Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Talc, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterol, Phospholipids, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 Mica CI 77019. May Contain: Ultramarines CI 77007.

on 10/13/2013 10:53:00 PM

After being very happy about the balmshelter TM I decided to pick up this foundation for days I need more coverage. Wow, it gives me a flawless finish on my very dry skin. All the other foundation I've used before easily make me look cakey no matter how sheer I apply them, but this foundation actually makes my skin look hydrated and glowing. I just wet the sponge and gently press the product all over my face. I can easily get a flawless finish by using very little product (my bobbi brown foundation stick ran out in 3 month if I use it daily as foundation). I also use it as a concealer, I don't know why the timebalm concealer is so expansive because the ingredients are exactly the same as the foundation (maybe it's more concentrated or something), so if you need a concealer, pick up the foundation instead, it works as well as the concealer and it definitely offers better value for money.

Also I do like the packaging, I know many others don't because of the plastic container, but it doesn't feel like cheap light plastic, more like a glass container to me. I know thebalm never use fancy materials on packaging like HE brands anyway, just like their signature cardboard packagings. The quality of their products are as good as the HE brands (some are even better), so I know the cheaper prices means saving money on packagings.

This is the best foundation I've found for my dry skin so far, and it's harsh chemical free. Definitely will repurchase if this one ever runs out.

on 8/12/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this last week and I must say that I love this product. For daily use, I would normally wear MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NC35 (with highlights using MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC30) and top off with MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark.

I purchased the Time Balm in Mid-Med and my thoughts were:

PROS:
- I liked the ease of use this product had to offer, just swipe the jar with the sponge that came with it and smear it all over my moisturized face
- Blends pretty well over moisturized face
- Healthy, glowy finish
- Doesn't break me out
- No fragrance

CONS:
- Wish the packaging was a little more generous like adding a built-in mirror or something
- Wish it came in more shades so more people could try this

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Let me start by saying that this is made for people with oily skin. It's very thick and has full coverage. It's made with rice to absorb oil. Lasts all day. I recommend using this with a wet sponge, such as the Beauty Blender.

Time balm foundation made by the balm. First of all I love the balm products I was drawn in mostly by the packaging sorta retro vintage cute. With the exception to this foundations package which kinda sucks.
A while ago I checked out the tester in the drugstore and it just seemed like it would be greasy and thick and slippery, I can't pinpoint exactly what it was about it but it seemed like a mess plus there were only four vague colors there so I put it back. After reading the reviews I decided to try it when it was on sale for $19.99 Canadian I got the mid- medium color and it actually matches pretty perfectly. I used my fingers then buffed it out with a foundation brush not sure how I feel about the sponge that comes with it.
It was not as greasy as I though, actually not at all.. I have always used liquid foundations because I felt they had better coverage but this had good coverage. Not greasy. I haven't retouched yet just set it lightly with dream matte powder, I have acne scaring and it covered pretty good it's buildable.
My biggest problem with this is the packaging I found little fuzzies stuck in it after a couple uses and I tried to be carful and not double dip so that was kinda gross.
Overall I like it. My pores don't feel clogged. It dosnt look or feel like I'm wearing a mask or heavy makeup and it hasn't broke me out (cross fingers) if it does ill update. And I hope once the weather gets warmer it dosnt change I would buy again

on 1/19/2013 3:04:00 PM

I'm an "unfoundation" foundation kind of girl. Mostly it scares me and I always fear breaking out since my skin is sensitive. I bought this on a lark and I'm glad I took a chance!! This foundation is amazing and so very worth what I paid. The coverage is amazing and buildable. It blends well, looks natural and stays put. I haven't broken out yet. I purchased the light/med and it is perfect for my winter skin. I foresee getting the med. color as summer nears. The packaging is not that big of deal as some reviewers have complained. If you want fancy packaging then go pay the big $$$, but it doesn't mean the product is worth it!! Again, this stuff is amazing.

on 1/19/2013 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this stuff covers so well and doesn't look cakey at all. Vey matte finish, very pretty. I will repurchase

on 1/2/2013 5:22:00 PM

I would not recommend this foundation to anyone. It is over-priced, hard to apply, has poor staying power and terrible packaging.

For an amazing creme foundation may I suggest those by Graftobian and Ben Nye. They are so beautiful and much better priced than the Time Balm.

on 12/19/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this dirt cheap from Hautelook when I was looking for something with a little more coverage than my usual TM routine for an upcoming Christmas party. This definitely can give more coverage than I need if I'm not careful but appled with a light hand and blended well looks great. I ordered this in Medium and find the shade a tad light but wearable and the staying power is fantastic. I like this best blended over my TM only in the areas that need the extra coverage like under my eyes and around my nose and mouth. This way looks really natural, covers any redness and holds up better than any concealer I've ever used. This can feel a little dry at first in the container, similar to their concealer, but I just scrape a tiny bit off the top with a q-tip onto the back of my hand, rub it in a bit to warm it up and dot on with my fingertips. I then blend it out with a damp sponge or a brush. This pan should last me forever but when I run out I'd buy it again for those days that I need the extra coverage. I took one lippie off for lack of shade choices which could be an issue for me in the summer months.

on 12/18/2012 8:59:00 AM

I am now onto my third one! I don't use the sponge that it comes with but rather a better quality one. Coverage is good for me as I have hyper-pigmentation from contraception pill. The colour I prefer is Mid-Medium. Although you'll have to master your technique of application whether you wipe across or press the product on. Firstly, I slightly dampen the sponge with water or setting spray from Urban Decay. The product is also fabulous if you prefer to use a Foundation Brush, perfect consistency for it. I also use Thebalm concealer in medium under my eyes and mid-medium on pigmentation applied AFTER foundation with fingertip (I know, naughty) or concealer brush. I then finish off with a light dust of mineral powder.

on 12/16/2012 3:11:00 AM

Despite cheap looking package, this foundation delivers. I bought it for 28$ with some other products and got 15% discount on beautybridge.com
The first impression wasn't that great. It wasn't easy to smooth on to my skin and I had to work really hard to blend it. But as soon as I blended it in I enjoyed the result. It gives medium to full coverage, no need for concealer. My red cheeks, blemishes and sports were gone, plus - natural look. I started to experiment mixing this foundation with tinted moisterizers and it blended better. Now I just use my Elf mineral infused primer and glides and blends perfectly, no need for mixing it with moisterizers.
I would say its very important to use a primers with it or it may look cakey.
I would also recommend moisterizing you skin before, otherwise it will accentuate dry patches, if you have. I also used a rosy hip oil as a primer and it worked perfectly.
The finish is not matte, a little bit glowy.
Girls with very oily skin may need to use setting powder too.
I was afraid that creamy foundations may look heavy, but it doesn't. It looks quite natural, plus it hides my imperfections.
I didn't wear it for a long day, but it seemed to me that I may need some touch up, depending on the weather.
I don't use Timebalm every single day, only when I need more coverage. I am sure I'm not going to use it sIummer time as well - too heavy for hot summers and my oily skin.
I have it in light shade, which seems dark in the jar, but gives light finish.
I am happy I have this cream foundation in my make up collection. Some days I need more coverage and this is excellent for hiding flaws!
The package is not the best one, but I can overlook it as far as the product delivers.
I would definitely recommend it to a friend.