St. Ives Apricot Scrub Sensitive Skin

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Urea, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 778891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, DI 77492, CI 77499), Red 30 Lake (CI 77360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) 6/1/09

on 6/8/2012 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm using the "Bright skin" formula that contains Salicylic Acid and doesn't not contain mineral oil or petrolum. Into the second tube, just love it for my body only. Its perfect as a body scrub, just the right amount of exfoliation and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft.

This product does contain parabens so if anyone is trying to avoid that, do not buy this. Personally I try to avoid parabens in products that are left on the skin ie. moisturizer. For products that washes off I'm less adverse.

on 10/2/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I had this scrub for a while because I love St Ives's range of body scrubs and found they were working well for me, so I had high expectations for the apricot scrub. However, for me, this product did not live up to the hype. I have sensitive skin, like crazily sensitive and dry, I'm not prone to any sort of breakouts but I like facial scrubs because they feel very invigorating. So I tried this one. My verdict was that it was okay, nothing special and didn't really give me the results I was expecting. The beads felt too coarse and took forever to wash off, I felt that I was actually damaging my skin because I had to scrub and splash and rub off with a towel before I could shift them! I thought that maybe after the troublesome application and removal that the results would be worth the pain. But yet again, the scrub failed to deliver for me. It made my skin feel soft, as you would expect with a scrub, but I've definitely tried better. I have a big tub of the apricot body scrub which is deep cleansing which when used on dry patches on my legs left them looking radiant and lovely, this face scrub didn't have the same dramatic results I was so used to seeing from a St Ives product. I wouldn't really recommend nor buy again, but that was just my own experience.

on 10/1/2011 5:14:00 AM

I was surprise at how well this worked for my skin since it is prone to break outs with most cream based products. Fortunately I did and have not broken out since starting to use this product and that was over 6 months ago! And I use it every day! I love it! The ground up walnuts are just enough to leave my face feeling refreshed without making it feel like I had just used an electric sander on it lol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have crazy sensitive skin. Pretty much 95% of products can leave my skin irritated and sometimes dry, even though I do not even have dry skin. This scrub is basic for everyday use and does not contain a crap load of ingredients (The formula has changed from the list on this site, however, I cannot find my bottle at the moment as I need to get a new one). A little squirt is just enough for the entire face and I find the grounded up walnut shells do not irritate my skin at all, as long as I don't literally scrub! (The harder you scrub your face with anything, the more you are prone to break-outs and irritation! You might wanna correct yourself instead of the product!) After washing it off my skin feels refreshed and soft, but NOT OILY (yaaay!) the apricot scent smells great! Will be repurchasing, it is cheap and affordable but most of all it works at keeping my slightly oily forehead and break-outs in check!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After noticing my skin becoming flaky, I decided to purchase a scrub. I used one of the other scrubs some years ago and remembered it didn't have any negative effect on my skin. But my skin has since changed and due to my skin routine, I needed something less harsh.
I would say that the exfoliating beads could be a little smaller and smoother but overall, I really do like this. when I first used it, my face was a bit raw. Then again, I haven't used anything like this in a very long time. Even upon the first use my skin was completely smooth and a little softer.
After using for a little over a week, my skin has become more use to it and I can honestly say that it is helping to improve my complexion. Nothing life changing but my skins clarity has improved a little and the texture is much much better.
Obviously, this has caused no bad reaction and works almost together with my doctor prescribed routine.
I use about a nickel size amount and that's more than enough for my entire face. This is not for makeup removal or a deep clean but it does cleanse well. I would never solely use this product for cleansing and I do not recommend anyone else try. In conjunction with other products, this is a fantastic addition.

Even if I skip a day or so using this, my skin remains smooth. I typically use it as a morning cleanser and Cetaphil at night. Using it days in a row has not irritated my skin either. I also use a harsh cream on my face for controlling my skin everyday and I'm so happy that my skin approves of this scrub!

I will repurchase for sure and even purchase other products.

on 8/18/2011 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is very sensitive and is prone to bad breakouts. I thought that a scrub would be a better idea than the other sensitive skin cream cleansers. This product, however, didn't do much for me. It worked better than the creams, but it still didn't help.
I also looked up phenethyl alchohol (one of the newerr ingredients) and discoeverd it is "harmful if absorbed through skin"... Then why is it in a FACE wash?? I called up the st ives people and was told they'd get back to me, but it has been weeks with no response.
Oh, and the beads are a pain to get off.
Will not repurchase.

on 6/25/2011 12:19:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne prone skin and eventhough the product says sensitive skin, it still managed to brake me out in tiny white bumps all over my face. If you have really senstive skin, look for something else but if your skin is a bit more tolerant , give this product a try ; it is cheap and does not suck the moisture out of your face.

I love this scrub. Have been using it for years. I use it all over my body, including my face.

It does smell, yes. It's apricot scrub. It smells like apricots. I love it! The texture is what you would expect, it's like rubbing creamy sand all over yourself. =)

I use an aspirin mask now for my face so i don't use this on my face anymore, but only because two exfoliates would be too much for my skin. I do, however, still use this on my body.

HG.

****update****
I no longer use this on my face, even though I did for YEARS, but I still use it on my body. I've been using it for years and will probably continue to! I just don't use it on my face anymore because really, it's a bit too harsh. I've since switched to a liquid exfoliator for my face. But I will use this on my body forever!

on 4/7/2011 8:34:00 PM

First of all, I would like to start by saying that this product is heavily perfumed. I can smell it through the packaging on my bathroom counter whenever I use the sink. It's not a particularly heavy scent so I don't mind it too much.
The granules are quite small and does not aggravate my skin. I would say that they are around the size of sand granules. It comes out of the tube quite creamy looking so I was very surprised to find that it foams very well. With that said, it does take a little longer to rinse off than my other cleansers/scrubs.
It does not leave my skin feeling dry but it does not leave my skin with that fresh clean feeling either.
I would recommend this scrub if you are looking for an inexpensive but decent scrub.

on 3/30/2011 10:32:00 PM

My husband uses the "invigorating" version of this cleaner for his normal skin, but for my sensitive, often inflamed and reactive skin, the sensitive version is perfect. I have mild to sometimes moderate rosacea, and the gentle exfoliation that this cleanser provides is perfect to keep the flakes and bumps at bay. The formula is gentle enough to keep my skin from reacting badly, and the "scrubbies" in the cleaners aren't too hard and irritating. It's recommended for daily use, but sometimes even that is a littl emuch for me. However, I think this is a really great product, and if you are looking for a good, gentle exfoliator, give it a shot! The price is absolutely right!