August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the revlon is so much better(:

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the lightest shade--ivory and it was too dark. I'm fair, but not that fair! It gave me an orange cast and did not make my skin look flawless. I thought the compact itself was poor construction. Cheap plastic geared toward preteens? I would be afraid to put this in my purse, it looks like it might open if not lying flat. Also the amount of product was skimpy too. I'm glad I got this at a reduced price in a bundle from the Benefit site. I'd be upset if I paid full retail. Stick to the blushes, Benefit does these best.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by erinxrussell

I think this is a good product but I hit pan on it so quickly! If you look at how much product your getting it's not worth it, for example it's the same price as mac studio fix powder but with the mac one your getting about 15g and with the benefit one your getting 7g, just something to think about before purchasing x

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by redskittles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with Benefit. I love a lot of their products and they seem to work really well on me. The hate part comes into play when it's time to repurchase. They run out so quickly! I don't know if it's because Benefit doesn't provide a lot per package or what...things can get pretty pricey when you have to replace it every two months. The powder itself is very nice. I have a yellow undertone to my complexion and the shade "petal" it perfect. My pores vanish instantly and the longevity of the product is decent. I do have to spot check myself at times since my skin gets oily. I don't blame the product for this because I have pretty oily skin. So far, I'm in love with this powder...I just wish I wouldn't hit the bottom of the pan so quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to try a long time ago and I remember absolutely LOVING the way it looked, but never bought it again for a few reasons.

PROS:
- Great color selection; my undertone is neutral-leaning-towards-olive and things that are too pink tend to turn ashy grey on me and I can deal much easier with a slightly yellow base.
- Makes your skin look FLAWLESS. I remember it looked so silky smooth and made my pores vanish. Beautiful finish, more satin-matte than dewy. Sheer to medium coverage, I just built it a little heavier in places I needed extra coverage.
- Did not break me out.
- CUTE packaging, but then again it is Benefit so that's a given. Love the compact with the mirror. Use the accompanying sponge or a really soft synthetic brush (like e.l.f.) Disregard the brush that it comes with, it's terrible.

CONS:
- Pricey. I'm a little cheap and I went through it quicker than I'd like.
- Became shiny very quickly on me. I've always had very oily skin and it seems like I constantly had to touch this up when I wore it. No staying power for oily people.

Currently on Accutane and my skin is more dry than it has been. I am tempted to give this another shot now that I am not so oily. If I do, I will update with its performance on my current complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by MeenaKumari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I bought this about 3-4 years ago and still use it every now and then. I'm a shade NC30-35 in Mac was use shade ‘hazelnut’ in this ‘Hello Flawless!’ powder, which is slightly darker than my usual shade. I use this shade because it looks great when my skin is tanned, and it gives a really nice glowy look when I’m not tanned. I also use this for contouring sometimes when my skin is not tanned – gives a subtle but nice look too. I don’t use powders a lot when it comes to foundation (I prefer liquids) but this powder is really an exception – the only thing I would say is that most of these powders have a very yellow undertone which more suits people with yellow-toned skin. The brush and sponge for this are really easy to use – I mainly stick to the brush, all I need to do is sweep it across my face and it really does the trick (sometimes I’ll use primer and a light base underneath for a nice even look).
Would defo recommend and will be re-buying for definite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I am meh on this. Most Benefit products tend to be so-so for me for whatever reason sadly. It was an okay powder but caked on me and settled into every line. I had to keep freshening it during the day by rubbing it back in and it would creep back out again.

I was just not impressed by this at all and would not buy it. I think I have just about given up on the whole company except for Posietint and Highbeam. I really want to try the blush Hervana but am just worried now after all the misses I have had.

I have had better luck with lower end powders than with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by complicatedANT

I absolutely love this powder. Ive been using it for two years now, and it has proven to be a very reliable and safe for my oily/combination/acne-prone skin. It has a brush and a sponge inside depending on what you're going for.
Use the brush for light coverage, and the sponge for heavy coverage. It stays on for most of the day and covers my acne scars. The colours available from benefit are diverse, among my favourites are: toasted beige and amber and walnut . Depending on how tanned I am =P

what can I say, I love benefit

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG powder. I stumbled onto it at Ulta last year and one swipe across my nose was all it took. It's the only powder I tried that gives me that perfect look we all want. So little does so much! I've got aging, damaged skin but it never enhances wrinkles and lines. Love it.
My sister also uses it now and loves it just as much.
I feel like it 'softens' my skin. Not in actual texture, but in the way it looks. Good stuff!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by madameovary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder! I've been using this in Petal for years now and have been very happy with performance. I prefer heavier coverage powders, as I don't wear any type of liquid or cream foundation. I'm Korean American, my skin is on the dry side and I have just a few fine lines, red patches and some sun damage on cheekbones.

I really like the packaging. Pan on top, a separate vented compartment on the bottom for the sponge and magnetic closure. I rarely use included sponges/brushes, so I leave the sponge for touch ups and apply with a big fluffy brush. As long as you don't swirl the brush too much, there isn't too much product dust that gets kicked up. Which leads me to its appearance and texture. One swipe of my finger and I could tell the powder is very finely milled and densely pigmented. One swipe of my kubuki brush picked up enough product to cover my forehead and nose.

Once applied, the finish is extremely even with no trace of chalkiness. On days when I'm feeling drier, the finish can look a bit powdery but I just lightly press my face with clean hands to temper it. Finishing mists have also helped me in this regard. Throughout the day, the powder stays in place, doesn't get patchy or fade out in 2 hours. At the end of a normal "class and errands" day, my skin looks almost as good as when I applied it that morning. As for coverage, it evens my skin tone, covers my red patches and most of my lighter brown spots. I can still see the larger darker spots through the powder. Idk about others but for me, this powder doesn't fully mattify, which I prefer. I'm pretty matte the first hour or so after applying but by midday, a tiny bit of shine begins to peek through, giving me a slight glow but with ZERO compromise of the product's performance. This could just be me, YMMV.

My usual routine: sunscreen, concealer around eyes and corners of mouth, Hello Flawless applied all over face with kubuki brush. Of course, everyone's skin, needs and expectations are different. For me, this powder has made me a happy lady! With daily use, applying once a day, a compact will last me about 4 mos.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No