October 26, 2014 | 1411 users online

Highlighters - Make Up For Ever - Sculpting Kit

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently I've started contouring and I got excited when I saw a highlighter and contour powder that wasn't shimmery for once in one palette. I wish it had one more color though, a medium shade between the dark and highlighting shades. Anyways, the contour color was too coppery and had too much red in it for my yellow undertones even when used sparingly on my face. It comes out more on my skin like a bronzer than a shadower. The light color barely shows up on my already light skin. I decided to mix the contour color with a light colored face powder to reduce the harshness of the red and it works a bit better. This kit is super expensive at $45, way overpriced for what it is really. Even with my friend's make-up artist's discount it was still really pricey. Next time I'm just going to buy a regular face powder a few shades darker than my own to use for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by mstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing. This is the ONLY contour powder I've found that's dark enough for my skin (I'm an NW45). The color is perfect, and the satin-textured highlight powder is perfect as well. The lighter shade is matte, and it blends flawlessly into my skin.

The powders in the Sculpting Kit are so finely milled it's ridiculous! They're silky and smooth, and blending them is effortless. (I really like MUFE's double-ended Sculpting Brush for application). Really an awesome pair of products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great quality, but still a bit overpriced. Choosing the right kit can be a little tricky. My skin tone is light-medium, golden olive and I've been told it's neutral. Kit #1 is best if I want to contour and not use blush. A little under the cheek bone is enough, as too much makes me look older and unnaturally tanned. (I don't tan pink) Kit #3 is darker. The red tones make it super flattering for all skin tones, and it looks good even with a heavy hand, unlike Kit #1. Kit #2 seems to be most popular, as it is neutral and goes with all blush colors, but I don't like that it's a flatter brown, since I skip blush when I contour. I kept Kit #1, as it goes with my mood now, but may switch to #3.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit is the perfect sculpting and highlighting kit! I've been looking for a product like this for a long time and I've finally found it.
My Skintone:
MUFE Face & Body Liquid Makeup #20 Ivory, MUFE HD Foundation #117 Marble, MUFE HD Concealer #325 Natural Beige, MUFE Full Cover #4 Flesh, MUFE Lift Concealer #1 Pink Beige or #3 Neutral Beige, Guerlain Issima Precious Light Smoothing Illuminator #10 Beige Clair, Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen #2 Candle Light, YSL Radiant Touch #2 Luminous Ivory, MAC NC20, and use Sculpting Kit 2 Neutral Light (medium neutral brown-cream). The darker color works perfectly to sculpt features that I want to minimize--just be careful not to use too much (I prefer skunk brush for this purpose). The lighter color works great for illuminating the features that I want to highlight without being shimmery. ♥ HG! USD 45/IDR 395,000 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so when MUFE first had this product or something similar by the time I discovered it, it was being discontinued by MUFE/Sephora. So needless to say I was distraught!!
And then to my surprise while searching Sephora for a contouring/highlighting powder I happened upon this gem. Its packaged in a sturdy plastic compact and it has your two shades. I'm fair/light complexion and I use #2 (medium neutral brown-cream) and it does a absolutely amazing job. Its lasting power is great and it can give you the most insane cheek bones. Its expensive but I feel for the price you get your money's worth.

I had the MAC sculpting duo when that was out but it was LE and once that's gone you have to buy the 2 powders separately from the MAC pro site. Or if you're luck enough to have a MAC store, you can get it there. I just dont want to have to deal with having two separate compacts. Granted I'm sure the powder would last longer being in those compacts. But of well. So yea!! Go and try it! Sephora has an awesome return policy if you dont like it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No