My Beauty Diary Natto Mask

4.3

Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Water Cress Extract, Glycerine, Elder Extract,, Algae Extract, Nanospheres, Aloe Extract, Natto Gum, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Bladder wrack, Grapefruit, Hyaluronic Acid, Arnica Extract, Bio-Active Silanols, Lemon Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Butyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Phenoxyethanol, Tween 20, Lactamide, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried sheet masks before this brand but they all broke me out. These masks, however, are pretty good and I have tried several formulas but this is the BEST. It leaves your skin glowing and very balanced and soothed. There's no comparison to the other formulas (aloe, birds nest, sake), this one truly makes your skin feel amazing. However, with all sheet masks, the results aren't long term. It won't solve all your problems but it is great for getting your skin to calm down for a day or two.

on 4/27/2011 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Awesome company. I can't sue the normal brands like clearasil, neutrogena etc because it makes my skin dry up and break out. But these masks work fantasically.
I can buy them for a box of 10 for $12 au and I use them every 3 days or so. I use them before bed for around 30mins and use the leftover essence to rub onto my chest area. The moistursing lasts for at least 2 days and my skin is clearer after use (pimples go away or start disappaearing). Also whitens a bit and brightens up my complexion. I defintely recommend these wonderful masks but make sure they aren't black market fakes. Sasa.com has most of them:)

on 4/2/2011 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This paper mask is a great bargain. It costs a little less than $1 USD per mask and the moisturizing effect is SUPERB. I put it on for 20 mins, peel the mask off and massage the essence into the skin. My resulting skin was soft, smooth and ready for make up. The foundation and concealer blends well with my skin.

I take off one lippy because the softness won't last more than one night - it's intended for short term use. For a longer lasting moisturizing effect I would use a cream mask. I've used many My Beauty Diary masks, and this is absolutely the best. It goes out of stocks very often at the drugstores in Asia. Last time when I travelled back to North America I got about 50 of these. I would use the mask to give it a quick moisture boost to my skin.

on 11/2/2010 1:27:00 PM

what i can say is, this mask is good! my skin felt supple and smooth.. i can see my face glowing, may be bcoz of the hydrating n healthy effect.. and most importantly i felt relax n beautiful.. once i take off the mask, i dun really like what i see, but after i wash my face with cold water, i can see the difference instantly after the water runs.. the serum makes my face look sticky n yucky but the effect in very nice~

on 10/11/2010 12:01:00 AM

MBD Natto Mask claims: this is highly-effective in moisture retention: offer nourishment and ridiance to skin for use on normal skin, especially recommended for dull skin lacking elasticity and moisture.

My review: It made my skin very smooth and soft right after using it. It is a right size for my face. The mask contains plenty of serum, skin feel very comfortable when the mask is on. However, I found it does not moisturizing enough comparing some other hydration masks. If you have dry skin, make sure you put on good moisturizer after.

on 10/2/2010 1:34:00 AM

Natto was one of the first My Beauty Diary masks that I have tried. It does have a scent, but nothing too overwhelming. The mask is the perfect size, other than being too wide.

This mask is for moisturizing and firming. I find this is a great product for temporary effects, it usually lask for 2 days or so. It does plump and hydrate my skin. I always run my finger along the packaging, after I apply the mask, and use the extra serum for my neck and chest. When my skin is dehydrated, this is the mask that I reach for.

This is a great, simple, cost efficient mask. I definitely recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

*This review contains picture, please click continue to see it*

From www.sunnanz.com.sg:

Anti aging and firming effect with supplementary moisturizing element. Skin elasticity improved and very well hydrated.

My Skin Type:

Ranging from very dry to normal/dry. Generally dehydrated, very sensitive.

Packaging:

A box of MBD Natto Mask contains 10 individually packaged sheet mask.

Texture:

The sheet is nice, not too thin. The cut is too wide, but is still workable. Amount of lotion in each sheet is not stated, but itís quite richly saturated in gel/lotion essence, but itís not drippy. I can wear this while sitting without it being uncomfortable. After I removed the mask, the remaining lotion sinks in easily, leaving skin soft without sticky residue.

My General Review:

I pick this mask because of my friendís rave. Itís supposed to be the most moisturizing out of all MBD sheet masks. I tried this in 4 consecutive days and I began to notice improvement after the 3rd day. I find the texture of my skin is smoother; pores shrinks. Itís not heavily moisturizing though, on my skin itís just lightly hydrating. At least itís still able to make some difference.

I usually use this at night, and at the morning I find my skin soft and glowy. Iím not sure if the glow lasts after I wash my face though :P My face naturally glows anyway, so at least I think this product assists in maintaining that glow.

Itís nicely fragranced. Thankfully it doesnít smell like natto (otherwise I would have thrown up; I hate natto!). But as you may already noticed, I prefer fragrance-free skincare products due to my sensitive skin. This also contain other irritant, Lemon extract, but at least itís further down the ingredient list. I monitor my skin closely and I think although itís perfumed, it doesnít create problem.

There are lots of essence there. I usually massage the remaining fluid into my hands/neck.

Price:

I join a spree in Indonesia and itís quite expensive at IDR16,000 per piece. I think the price in Singapore is much more acceptable. sunnanz.com.sg sold this at SGD1.3.

Ingredients:

Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Water cress Extract, Glycerine, Elder Extract,, Algae Extract, Nanospheres, Aloe Extract, Natto Gum, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Bladder wrack, Grapefruit, Hyaluronic Acid, Arnica Extract, Bio-Active Silanols, Lemon Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Butyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Phenoxyethanol, Tween 20, Lactamide, Fragrance

Overall Rating:

5 out of 5. Would love it better if itís fragrance-free and have more moisturizing properties. Will likely to repurchase though, since the price is quite reasonable and itís able to reduce the size of my pores. Only few products can do that. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Thumbs up for this Natto mask - very hydrating, cool and non-sticky, convenient and CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got this as a pack in d/s and I would surely be repuchasing.

Popular Masks