July 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Jojode

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good at detangling, moisturizing, comditioning hair. A must-have

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tottie06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A must have for my 2c/3a wavy curly hair (think Taylor Swift and Debra Messing). Sometimes I use it in the shower AFTER I shampoo and use my regular conditioner. Why use it after my reg conditioner? Cause I have the type of hair that instantly mattes and tangles when water hits it (like if I went swimming or got caught in a downpour). I don't have the type of hair that looks sexy when wet. Gah it gets hideous! Also, I shampoo every other day ... by the time I wash it, there are plenty of tangles. So after I condition, I then use Knot Today + a large tooth pick to de-tangle. Works great!

When using it after my shower, I use a nickel size amount on my waist length hair -scrunching it in on the lower half, to the ends. Then I manipulate with my fingers where I want my hair to go. Next, I use Redken Fresh Curls Spring Mousse and let air dry. On day two, I just use a little of Rusk Wired Flexible Styling Creme to refresh and add body (this gives sexy body used this way).

What else do I like to pair with Knot Today? Kinky Curly Curling Custard!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by f4frances

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry naturally kinky curly hair. I have no luck with leave or moisturising styling products of any brand....this one was no different. Then I decided to use Knot Today as a regular wash out conditioner....bingo...great moisturising, good volume and curl definition. Happily on to bottle number 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is nothing to not love about this. It moisturizes, makes you hair shiny, encourages curl, helps reduce frizz, is 100% organic, works well alone and with other products. This is total genious for wavy-curly thicker haired girls. I find the more I use as a leave in, the silkier and curlier my hair is when it dries down. It does not leave build up. Here's what I do. Righ out of the shower I apply on dripping wet hair from the ends then up. I do use quite a bit of it. Then I plop my hair into a silk scarf or long sleeve cotton tshirt and let it dry in that manner for as long as I can ( sometimes overnight if it stays in place) I let it then air dry. I wish I discovered this years ago. It is amazing!!! I struggle with keeping my hair's texture soft, but now that this is part of my daily routine, it is so soft it is hard for me keep myself from caressing my own hair! It has a citrusy grapefruit scent that vanishes as it dries. LOVE this to pieces.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Bela330

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOOVEE THIS, i have mulatto 3c hair and this really loosens my curls and makes it shiny, defined, and perfect! this is a must have.
if you're transitioning, stay away from shea moisture's curl enhancing smoothie & miss jessies pillow soft curls!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Pretty darn good. I half very long naturally straight hair and use about a quarter amount from the tip of my ears to the rest of my length and follow up with macadamia or sweet almond oil to seal it in. It detangles, makes hair shinny, moisturizes (so before you think you need to cut off those ends try this product), works well with other products, made of natural ingredients and herbs, no silicones or parabens (yay!), non greasy, and be mixed with water on second day hair to refresh ends…..this list can go on. This can also be used as a regular conditioner, but I like it as a leave in. :)

I like it!

Updates: After months of using this product I still love it! It lasts so long, so it is well worth the 11 bucks!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mafia_mistress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This isn't simply a Knot Today, this is not ever again. I don't understand...so many people on many hair boards and forums love this product and swear by it. I have thick curly hair that can tangle if I turn my head side to side. Yes, I've had a trim, yes, I've co-washed, yes, I have detangled in the shower, I've done the things recommended, but this stuff, dare I say, made my hair worse. It felt like it was not a leave in conditioner because it left a residue. Sort of an unattractive residue, like fluids, worse than snot...yeah that stuff. It was white and just sat on the curls like cheap gel. I normally don't wear my hair down, but I was attending a function and wanted attention. I wanted the "I love your hair it's so curly" for a change. I normally hate when people with straight hair say that, because of the lack of work their hair needs and the amount of products to ensure the curls are not too frizzy, a huge afro, very dry and matted.
Back to knot today. This is not a cheap product. I can't find it in most stores, and the ones who do have it are in the part of town where you go to buy and leave. Target has it now, but they didn't when I bought it. I think this is one of those situations where you have to follow what works for your hair. I tend to bandwagon on products. If enough people rave (3) I'll go buy it or hunt for it without giving a toss.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did not work for me. I tried it over several months and I just felt that it didn't provide moisture, it didn't detangle at all and it was difficult to distribute through my hair. I was going to give the rest away, or even throw it out, but I found a useful purpose for the remaining, I add a bit in a spray bottle filled with water, and now use it to help revitalize curls. I would not repurchase this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had straight hair much of my life, then after my daughter was born it got wavy, and now that i'm getting up there in age, my hair has even more curl.

So i started looking for products to encourage the curl, moisturize a bit, and reduce frizz. I am very happy with Knot Today. I squeeze a little into my palm, rub my fingers together, then comb and gently rub my fingers through the lower half of my hair (i have more or less butt length hair). It helps my curls and keeps my hair from looking like i spent the day in a wind tunnel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells fantastic, and makes it easy to brush hair straight out of the shower. I've been buying it for about 3 years now. I always use it in conjunction with other styling products so it's hard to say how much it does on its own, but I'd definitely recommend it. I have super frizzy/curly medium-length hair.