October 25, 2014 | 1053 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Really puzzles me how this product is labeled as a leave in conditioner as it doesn't do much to soften/condition my 3b curls or detangle, I still have to use hair serum in conjunction with it for my 'do to look somewhat presentable! Oh well, it smells great like pineapple-coconut, doesn't build up, and defines curls pretty well. You can do better at the drugstore imo which is why I won't be repurchasing and idk if ill even finish the bottle as the product is just average for me. If you have fine, curly hair with mild frizz issues then this product will suffice, but coarse-textured curly gals like myself should look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by SweeetC

This product is a HG for me! I have big bsl 3a hair and knot today is the best leave in I've ever used. It melts the tangles out of my hair, smells amazing, and is light weight but very moisturizing. My only complaint prior to this review was the price for the amount, BUT I bought another bottle at the target near me today and it was 12oz. Not 8 and still the same price! It's officially perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kaa22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is greeeeeat! I have 3b/c curly hair. And this stuff helps glide and slide thru tangles,knots & a week's old ratsnest. The price is pretty okay for a mostly natural product, the pacaging is fine as well, I wouldn't mind a bigger size with a pump, actually i'd probably purchase it in a heartbeat. If you have wavy,curly, or coily hair, I HIGHLY recommened you try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Mal1910

HG HG HG!!

Let me start off by saying that I have fine, color-treated, 3A/3B hair. It can be curly when using the right product or wavy when using something that weighs it down a bit.

I have tried everything - Pantene, AG Cosmetics, Pureology, It's a 10, Wen, Josie Maran Argan Oil, Joico, Enjoy, etc.

This is the ONLY leave-in that instantly moisturizes and detangles my hair. I am hoping that it continues to work. I am thinking of trying other products by them because my hair has reacted so well to this. My hair was severely damaged by a color that was done by a new stylist, and ever since then I cannot run a brush through my hair (this has been almost a year ago). I was able to run a comb through my hair after putting this in with NO problems, plus my hair felt very moisturized after.

The only downside is the packaging. I wish it was a spray or had a pump on it, but I'm not going to let that deter me from purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Jojode

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good at detangling, moisturizing, comditioning hair. A must-have

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tottie06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A must have for my 2c/3a wavy curly hair (think Taylor Swift and Debra Messing). Sometimes I use it in the shower AFTER I shampoo and use my regular conditioner. Why use it after my reg conditioner? Cause I have the type of hair that instantly mattes and tangles when water hits it (like if I went swimming or got caught in a downpour). I don't have the type of hair that looks sexy when wet. Gah it gets hideous! Also, I shampoo every other day ... by the time I wash it, there are plenty of tangles. So after I condition, I then use Knot Today + a large tooth pick to de-tangle. Works great!

When using it after my shower, I use a nickel size amount on my waist length hair -scrunching it in on the lower half, to the ends. Then I manipulate with my fingers where I want my hair to go. Next, I use Redken Fresh Curls Spring Mousse and let air dry. On day two, I just use a little of Rusk Wired Flexible Styling Creme to refresh and add body (this gives sexy body used this way).

What else do I like to pair with Knot Today? Kinky Curly Curling Custard!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by f4frances

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry naturally kinky curly hair. I have no luck with leave or moisturising styling products of any brand....this one was no different. Then I decided to use Knot Today as a regular wash out conditioner....bingo...great moisturising, good volume and curl definition. Happily on to bottle number 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is nothing to not love about this. It moisturizes, makes you hair shiny, encourages curl, helps reduce frizz, is 100% organic, works well alone and with other products. This is total genious for wavy-curly thicker haired girls. I find the more I use as a leave in, the silkier and curlier my hair is when it dries down. It does not leave build up. Here's what I do. Righ out of the shower I apply on dripping wet hair from the ends then up. I do use quite a bit of it. Then I plop my hair into a silk scarf or long sleeve cotton tshirt and let it dry in that manner for as long as I can ( sometimes overnight if it stays in place) I let it then air dry. I wish I discovered this years ago. It is amazing!!! I struggle with keeping my hair's texture soft, but now that this is part of my daily routine, it is so soft it is hard for me keep myself from caressing my own hair! It has a citrusy grapefruit scent that vanishes as it dries. LOVE this to pieces.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Bela330

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOOVEE THIS, i have mulatto 3c hair and this really loosens my curls and makes it shiny, defined, and perfect! this is a must have.
if you're transitioning, stay away from shea moisture's curl enhancing smoothie & miss jessies pillow soft curls!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Pretty darn good. I half very long naturally straight hair and use about a quarter amount from the tip of my ears to the rest of my length and follow up with macadamia or sweet almond oil to seal it in. It detangles, makes hair shinny, moisturizes (so before you think you need to cut off those ends try this product), works well with other products, made of natural ingredients and herbs, no silicones or parabens (yay!), non greasy, and be mixed with water on second day hair to refresh ends…..this list can go on. This can also be used as a regular conditioner, but I like it as a leave in. :)

I like it!

Updates: After months of using this product I still love it! It lasts so long, so it is well worth the 11 bucks!