November 26, 2014 | 1888 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

This is the only face wash that I regularly purchase. I am a product junkie and have struggled with mild acne for years. I have tried everything from high end products: chanel, clinique, origins to proactive to basic drugstore regimens. I keep purchasing this cleanser because I find that it is really great for treating acne without stripping my skin. I have combination skin, but my T Zone is an oil slick. This cleanser helps to control the oil on my face without drying out other areas of my face. My only recommendation is that you use a separate cleanser or method to remove makeup. This cleanser tends to leave makeup residue behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Izzymakeupx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
Really helped clear up acne
Didn't dry out my skin (i always moisturize after using it, though)
Gentle, didn't irritate my skin
Noticeably reduced the stubborn blackheads on my nose
My skin feels soft after use

CONS:
None specifically that i can think of, although for me personally i haven't noticed that it has reduced the redness in my skin to any great degree.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is very creamy, but kinda waxy. Plus, it's ineffective and drying anyway. I see no purpose in it being green and it smells strong. Meh. There are much better acne face washes out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by alieislove

I bought this product when Neutrogena discontinued the cleanser that I used for years (Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask). During the first week, it felt refreshing and non-drying. My skin felt so smooth! However, during the second week, I began to break out in acne all over my face, not just in the T-zone where I typically had acne problems. I figured that I would keep using it, thinking that I'd just have to give my skin some time to get used to it. During weeks three and four, cystic acne developed on my cheeks, nose, and chin that I'd never experienced before in my life, not even as a teenager. I finally threw it in the trash after about six weeks, and I tried everything to get the cystic acne off my face. The ONLY thing that finally got rid of it? My tried-and-true Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask! I finally found one on the shelf in a less-frequented grocery store. Never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by torijanus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second tube and I love it! It gets rid of existing acne and acne that hasn't formed yet, which is great for freshman year of college. The cream keeps my skin from getting dry like it does with foaming cleansers. It may dry you out if you don't use a moisturizer. Just like with perfumes and cosmetic, use with caution. If you break out more or peel or get red, you may have an allergy so don't jump to it being the cleansers fault. It smells wonderful and leaves my skin tingly and clean feeling. I will use this for as long as it works and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by katyaberk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for 7 days now twice a day. I found this cream wash to be very effective against under-skin acne and blocked pores. It's second ingredient is Glycolic Acid which has noticeably decreased pimples under my skin. I also use Clinique Lotion 3 with Salicylic acid afterwards and let me tell you my skin was never happier since I arrived to humid Australia (18 months ago). I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

This along with Mary Kay's cleanser are the only cleansers that actually work for my skin! I don't have severe acne problems but I can DEFINITELY see a difference in my skin if I stop using this. This helps reduce any redness of an oncoming pimple I may get and it leaves my skin feeling nice and fresh after I wash it off. When putting it on it doesn't feel like much is happening but i can see the improvement of my skin in the morning :) for curiosity's sake I tried out a few other cleansers but none of them did anything for my skin like this one did.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ipo1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those "I've tried everything" people from one end of the spectrum (drugstore "$" brands--Noxema, Biore, Clean & Clear, AcneFree, drugstore knockoff brands, etc--to the more expensive "$$$$" products/product lines you can buy from Macy's, Nordstrom's, Sephora, etc, and even various Rx's--oral meds AND Acutane...) but I've regularly repurchased this Stress Control Cream Wash from Neutrogena for about a year now. I've also tried the Oil-Free Stress Control Scrub but for some reason it wasn't as effective as the Cream Wash.

Immediate results:
+ existing acne = less noticeable
+ less shine throughout the day (partially accredited to Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer, although less shine is also noticeable when I wear no makeup at all)
+ no noticeable redness or irritation
+/- minimal to moderate drying (completely bearable with use of a moisturizer)

Long-term results:
+/- same "tolerable" drying feel; not recommended for those with overly dry skin (mine is rather oily)
+ virtually eliminated acne (treats and prevents!); what remains is far less noticeable than ever before (again, I can actually leave the house on errands without doing my whole makeup routine)
+ has remained effective in the long-term
- not effective for makeup removal... In fact, I avoid the eye area all together and instead use after removing makeup with my other favorite-product-of-all-time: Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser

I'm not saying this product will work the same for everyone, but after a decade of struggling with acne and never seeing results that were half as encouraging as these, this product remains on my HG list.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LandonJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do like this stuff. I has a minty feeling and a great smell. If you use it consistently for a couple of weeks, you will start to see a difference. You can't really go wrong on anything from Neutrogena. Plus, this product is so cheap that it's not too big of a loss if it doesn't work out for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kgallagher12

Love this! Has a tingly feeling on newly erupted breakouts and feels cool and fresh i use it in the shower every night