April 17, 2014 | 1471 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ipo1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those "I've tried everything" people from one end of the spectrum (drugstore "$" brands--Noxema, Biore, Clean & Clear, AcneFree, drugstore knockoff brands, etc--to the more expensive "$$$$" products/product lines you can buy from Macy's, Nordstrom's, Sephora, etc, and even various Rx's--oral meds AND Acutane...) but I've regularly repurchased this Stress Control Cream Wash from Neutrogena for about a year now. I've also tried the Oil-Free Stress Control Scrub but for some reason it wasn't as effective as the Cream Wash.

Immediate results:
+ existing acne = less noticeable
+ less shine throughout the day (partially accredited to Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer, although less shine is also noticeable when I wear no makeup at all)
+ no noticeable redness or irritation
+/- minimal to moderate drying (completely bearable with use of a moisturizer)

Long-term results:
+/- same "tolerable" drying feel; not recommended for those with overly dry skin (mine is rather oily)
+ virtually eliminated acne (treats and prevents!); what remains is far less noticeable than ever before (again, I can actually leave the house on errands without doing my whole makeup routine)
+ has remained effective in the long-term
- not effective for makeup removal... In fact, I avoid the eye area all together and instead use after removing makeup with my other favorite-product-of-all-time: Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser

I'm not saying this product will work the same for everyone, but after a decade of struggling with acne and never seeing results that were half as encouraging as these, this product remains on my HG list.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LandonJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do like this stuff. I has a minty feeling and a great smell. If you use it consistently for a couple of weeks, you will start to see a difference. You can't really go wrong on anything from Neutrogena. Plus, this product is so cheap that it's not too big of a loss if it doesn't work out for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kgallagher12

Love this! Has a tingly feeling on newly erupted breakouts and feels cool and fresh i use it in the shower every night

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years. It feels great on the skin, smells great and really makes my skin feel and look great. Recently repurchased and got my boyfriend addicted to it as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I am recovering from half a year of severe acne (on medication for it now) so I picked up this cleanser and left it in my shower so I could use it every time I washed myself. I lather it all over my face (avoiding my eyes), do something else like wash my hair, then come back and wash off the cleanser. About 15-30 seconds after application, this cleanser will start to feel "cool" and tingling. It's probably a gimmick, but I don't mind because it's a fun feeling. I THINK the acid in this product is working when I feel it burning on newly popped acne, although most of the time, it applies painlessly.

I haven't noticed any vast improvements to my acne, but I do notice that my skin is soft and clean after using this product. Overall, it's a pretty good cleanser. I'm not sure if it does what it claims (prevents acne) but I don't see my acne getting any WORSE while using this product, so I guess I can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by gabbyskywalkerr

this stuff works great i snuck a use of my cousins and it cleared the few zits i had on my face . i then purchased it and now i basically always have a clear clean face c:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by stephyloveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

this is such a good product i really can't say it enough it cleared most of my acne i use it with the 3 in 1 hydrating treatment and the triple action toner and they have work miracles i love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update - always looking for new ways to use the products. Yesterday and today, I put the cream all over, massaged it in and left it for 3 minutes. I was tingly and felt great, then I put a little tea tree oil cleanser on my mia and cleaned my face. Pat dry and applied Aczone. I don't know if that's the trick but I've noticed the shine has not come up and it's been 30 mins. For me, that's a record. The redness of my blemishes is also diminished.

Use time before review - 1 week

I wanted a non foaming cleanser to use with my Mia2. This was on sale for $7 at SDM. Considering the size of the tube, this was a great deal. I also like the 2% SA content.

It's not quite what I expected because it doesn't wash off as cleanly as I'd like. Maybe it's the moisturizing element but I don't really like it. It also leaves traces of makeup behind.

I do like the product though and have amended my original intended use.

What I do now in the PM, is to continue to use the Mia2 with a Dr. B soap (tea tree or pepermint) or Phisoderm, rinse, apply the Power Cream Wash and masssage it in, leave for a minute, rinse, then use my hands for another go round with Dr. B to get rid of the residue.

I'm not ruling it out of my arsenal forever when it's done, but I would try other things before deciding on the re-buy which is why I gave it a "yes" to the re-buy question.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite morning cleanser. It is not drying and has 2% SA which helps to control my oil. The scent is light and I don't mind it.I can't say much on how helpful it is with acne as I use a 2.5% BP gel as my main acne treatment and mainly bought this to help with oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by gnomechomsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite cleanser. I always stray to other neutrogena or clean & clear cleansers (because I love the citrusy scent of some of the others) but I always come back to this. I am 23 and still get the occasional breakout. I am also combo-oily with a lot of my oil concentrated in the t zone. I use this cleanser twice a day, followed by the AcneFree Sensitive line alcohol free toner and a spot treatment.

This cleanser works well to clear my skin and keeps it clear. I'm not sure which ingredient in this cleanser makes it work better than the other neutrogena cleansers I have tried, maybe its nothing special, but I have noticed my face considerably clearer when using this product. I have also noticed that my dark spots from previous acne become a lot less noticeable when using this product. I have tried Proactiv, AcneFree, Vichy, Clean & Clear, etc. with no luck. I have repurchased this several times now and will continue to do so.