Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.8

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am really disappointed with this foundation considering how much it costs. I have combination skin, with my nose being the oiliest- and this foundation starts to slide off within two hours, and that is with primer and powdering. I am sure it will be much worse in the upcoming summer months. I tried the Wayne Goss method of powdering first, and that does help a little.

The texture is nice, and it blends really nicely. I have a very freckled complexion, and one pump gives me nice coverage. It does not hide my freckles completely- but it does blur them nicely, covers my redness, and hides some of my dark circles. Looks natural and healthy.

I do really love the color. I am a hard woman to match as I am fair and neutral toned, yet leaning more towards warm. I got matched to Beige (3) and it is perfect. I will try the foundation stick next, hopefully that works out better for me.

Pro's:
- A very lightweight formula that looks like nothing on the skin.
- There is more then one light color to choose from.
- For me it covers old acne scarring beautifully, and I feel like I don't need as much concealer as i normally would with this kind of formula.
- Doesn't cling to dry pacthes.
- Doesn't break me out.

Cons:
- I really had to learn how to apply this product properly. You really need to take your time with it.
- It is quite expensive, and i do need two pumps to cover my entire face.

Application:
I use a stippling brush to apply and a buffing brush to blend it out. To set this foundation, I use a sponge covered with a tissue, and dab gently over my entire face. This absorbs the excess oil perfectly, and I don't need a setting powder. (see Wayne Goss' beauty channel for a tutorial on this technique)

All in all, I like this foundation a lot, but i'd love to find a similar product that applies a little quicker. I would however, repurchase.

on 2/11/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received this product only as a sample gift, and so I can't comment on the packaging, as mine was just in a little packet. Also, the color wasn't right, because the sample they sent out was a generic "natural." However, that being said, the sample did not inspire me to even try a color that might suit me. The texture was very similar to MAC's foundations, in that it was very oily, and thick. The greasiness covered everything and evened out my skin, but not in a natural way. It was VERY heavy. It felt like wearing a mask made out of cooking spray.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13.

This is a fantastic formula if you have balanced skin. It does not grow oily on me until the end of the day. Looks very realistic, but has buildable coverage. I like the shade "Porcelain" although it is slightly yellow on me. This is was HG for a year or so. I now prefer shades that are pinker - Cinema Secrets 511, Make Up For Ever Face & Body 38.

This is a great "real skin" foundation, but it will still give coverage addicts what they want, about the same as MAC F&B and MUFE F&B. I just can't wear it much anymore since I notice the shade difference.

Edit - I have the shade 3.0 Beige which I wear when I self tan in the summer.

on 2/1/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, as I have heard such great things about BB foundation and the reviews were good- but this just wasn't a win for me. After about 2 hours of wear on a normal day - my face was shiny in a few areas. I also felt the coverage was pretty light (I have pigmentation, uneven skin tone, freckles) and by the time I got medium coverage it felt a little thick to me. Disappointed. I may try the foundation stick next since it has more coverage and use it on only certain areas. This will be going back to Sephora.

on 12/27/2014 5:59:00 PM

I liked this foundation. I tried a lot before I got married and this was one of my favourites. It has a light consistency which can be built up to suit the coverage you require. A little goes a long way. I can't remember the exact shade I had but it was quite yellowy. It is a high end foundation and you definitely get what you pay for. Xx

This is the best foundation I've ever tried. It's so light weight and doesn't cake up on the skin. I normally don't wear foundation because I don't need it. However, I find that this will come in handy when I go out to day events and such.

on 12/3/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is a good coverage foundation, lasts the day, evens out skin tone and leaves a glowing and comfortable finish. However, I wear it in Warm Honey, and I find it leaves a very obvious white cast. Because of the SPF? That's too bad. Would've been a perfect foundation otherwise.

I have a hard time finding foundation I like. I've tried everything from drugstore brand to expensive department store brands. I hate how most of them look on my skin. I like the Bobbi Brown one a lot. It's watery but so what as long as it works for me.

on 10/29/2014 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have always *wanted* to like Bobbi Brown foundations. The colour (Sand) matches my skin perfectly. I have very pale Irish skin, but I have yellow undertones, which is quite rare. So it's wonderful to find a foundation that matches my skin.

However, this foundation just melts off my skin in a few hours! And I don't even have very oily skin, it's quite normal. It would be great if it stayed put. Not worth it for the high price.