August 2, 2014 | 1303 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

It's a beautiful peachy champagne colour with shimmer. It's supposed to prime your lids and help the shadows last longer. I don't like the feel of it because I find it too sticky to be pleasant. Lovely if you don't mind that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

This is my favorite primer to make shimmery and frosty eyeshadows really pop. It amps up the shadows from the Naked palettes so nicely! It gives them that little extra to really shine and look vibrant. A little goes a long way, my last tube lasted me nearly a year! My favorite of all the UD eye primers.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the UD Original Primer Potion. I wanted to try Sin because I am always wearing the UD Naked Palettes.. and since this is a frosty primer, I ASSUMED it'd be a great addition to my collection. I was wrong. First off, when I put it on my lid, I noticed it wasn't easy to blend. It had an excessive amount of shimmer in one application, and felt very sticky on my eyelids. Not to mention, it creased like no other. Worst experience with this primer potion, so disappointed.

To make the shimmer stand out in your eye shadow, I have found this application process to work beautifully. First, prime your eyelids (up to brow bone) with UD Primer Potion in Original. Next, apply a base (NYX jumbo pencil, or Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows, or even MAC paint pots). Then apply your eye shadow, and you will get the extra pop of color, in a beautiful way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Mbhamster

Works great as a eye primer, and also as a facial highlighter! It's beautiful and multi tasking! I suggest trying it out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of UD's original eyeshadow primer potion, it's truly one of the best out there. I received a sample of this one and I very much dislike it -- unless it's being used underneath like-colored shadows. I want my eyeshadow primer to do one thing only and that is to *prime*. I don't need all this glimmer and frost. If that's your thing, you'll love this. It does seem to have the same kind of staying power as the original and for that I was lenient with the lippy rating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first time using eye primer ever- and what a learning curve it was to choose Sin as my first primer! I almost returned it and am glad that I didn't. This is what made it amazing for me:
Only use a teeny tiny bit, and only give the tube a slight squeeze because it is nearly impossible to put the product back in

Make sure it dries- I have read it doesn't matter but I can definitely see it works best when dry

This primer is not for using shadows that are very light, unless you don't mind the primer color seeping through.

This primer absolutely lasts!! I love it for when I use my cheap ELF eyeshadows which do not show up AT ALL unless I use primer. They eventually slide off and the beautiful Sin color is left behind. For my LORAC shadows, the shadow does not budge all day and Sin makes a beautiful backdrop to let the colors shine through.

I find many eyeshadows do not show up or do not last so primer is a must. Sin is outstanding and I have not found any dupes for the beautiful color. I hate paying 20 dollars but you use so little at least it will last. I will update if I find a cheaper dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Megsl21

I have been using the original primer potion for almost a year and a half and decided to give this one a try and I love it! It makes my eyeshadow look even more vibrant and frosty. It just gives an illuminated look! Must have if you like shimmer on your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Michla_1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

bar nonne my favorite primer.....I like this one a lot because it works for my skin tone really well and it has a touch of shimmer which you can wear alone and it a great look or with shadow on top and your shadow color is complemented really great. It's smooth, very easy to apply with the blush...although you do have to work fast to blend it once your apply or it won't be as smooth as you'd like. A little goes along way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I liked this primer potion because it gives a fun shimmery base to work with. Warning: It is very pigmented, so this is by no means a subtle primer. It did a good job of keeping my eyeshadow on but I do need to give a disclaimer. If you use this with eye cream, it is significantly less effective. For that I took off a star. Still a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I've gone through three of the primer potions in full size XL doe foot applicator one bottle. Now I have the squeeze tube version of it. I've been using this primer for about four years or so. It's a beautiful shimmery champagne color. Sometimes when I'm in a rush I wear it alone with the UD liquid liner. Over the years, my eye lids haven't become oilier I think? Because the primer is creasing after four hours or so outdoors. I live in humid FL and it's impossible to not spend time outdoors and not sweat. But this primer is not holding up to the humidity and creases like crazy. It's pricey too but the bottle lasts you forever and I use this daily. Will be on a hunt for a new HG primer that doesn't crease and can withstand my oily lids and humid weather.