L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

I've been using this mascara for a few years now and it's hands-down my favorite mascara I've used. Awhile ago, I switched all my makeup from drug-store brand to designer brands EXCEPT for my mascara because none of the designer brands were as good as the L'Oreal, in my personal opinion. (At least not for the price difference!)

The best part about this mascara is that it WILL NOT MOVE until you tell it to. Seriously. You can sleep in it and wake up the next morning with your mascara still in place. I also love that when you take it off, it just comes off in "tubes" so you don't get dark circles and streaks all over your face. Makes my lashes look full and voluminous :)

The trick with this mascara is to make sure you put the white primer on well--- if you have clumps in the primer, you'll have clumps in the mascara. Also, work sort of quickly since the primer can dry if you wait too long between coats.

on 7/23/2013 3:00:00 PM

I LOOOVVE this mascara, the only thing I don't like is that I kind of get confused about where the brush is. Even though it is water resistant if the "water works" come I won't have to worry about it smudging. SO YAAAA

on 7/12/2013 11:26:00 AM

This is my first ever MUA review!! I am a huuuuge review freak and read reviews on EVERYTHING before I purchase it so I was surprised to have just found out about the website. I had to write a review for this mascara because I don't know what I would do without it!!! I am going into my senior year in college and have probably been using it since sophomore year of high school. I LOVE IT! My lashes are on the shorter side and are naturally curled. This mascara really does DOUBLE EXTEND the length of my lashes! I have had several compliments over the years on how long my lashes are and I always refer the person to this mascara because it takes total credit.

Not only does it do as it says and double extend your lashes, it is awesome as far as removal is concerned as well. Anytime I ever run out and have to borrow one of my roommates' mascaras I prepare myself for raccoon eyes. And usually even with makeup remover there will STILL be some excess smudges under my eyes the following day. Whereas this mascara just slides off in the shower. Kind of strange looking for sure, but absolutely NO appearance of under eye darkness which I LOVE.

If I had to say anything negative about this product it would probably be due to my latest purchase of it. It has been more clumpy than usual and a ton of mascara comes out on the brush. Granted it is new and I know over time and usage that problem will solve itself, but as for the first week or two of use I have had a little trouble with application as far as clumping. That can be easily solved with the Tweezerman eyelash comb (which I have just started using and is also pretty awesome!)

All in all if you are looking for a new mascara and have issues with raccoon eyes from regular mascaras do NOT hesitate to try this product!!!! You will not be disappointed! I have suggested this product to most of my close friends and family and they love it as well!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really loved this mascara! Sadly, I lost it, bought a new one, and completley feel in love with that one! But this mascara was my 'to go' mascara and used it almost everyday! It comes with a white coat that you have to apply first and then apply the black coat which really helps to set them in place and make them look longer and much darker! What I absolutely loved about this product was the fact that it would just slide off with warm water and I didn't have to use any eye makeup removers or anything! Highly reccomend =)

on 7/9/2013 7:38:00 AM

Yes, I would buy it again but only because I still haven't found the better one. It comes with a lot of excess material on the brush, which is a problem with the white part as you don't want your eyelashes glued together. It is very difficult to take off (which is on the plus side).

on 3/18/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THE best mascara I've ever purchased. I've tried my fair share of mascaras from one's that you buy at the drug store to estee lauder to dior to everything. And I always come back to this one. I do have to say I have naturally longer lashes but this just adds to that! It makes them instantly longer. I am not a fan of the clumpy-look that some girls might like, I much prefer a natural look and this works perfectly for that.

Added bonus, when you wash off your mascara it comes out in strands .. no more racoon eyes!

Only drawback, I probably have to buy a new tube every 3-4 weeks because it is smaller then other mascaras. It can be purchased for about $8-9 at Target which is decent.

on 11/26/2012 11:12:00 PM

To anyone who hates using baby oil or makeup remover or looking like a racoon when you jumped in a pool/shower or have been crying this mascara is for YOU!

This mascara is effortless! I jump in the shower when I come home from work and the mascara just washes away in "strands". It doesnt liquify down my face like normal mascara's.
I have been using this product for a few years and I will not try another mascara again.Absolutely love it, especially the price!

on 11/18/2012 10:32:00 AM

I like to try new mascaras but I always go back to this one. It gives my lashes volume and length, stays put throughout the day, and washes off easily. The absolute best.

Ok, this is definitely not my favorite mascara. However, I figured out what the problem is - the wand. The 'primer' coat clumped like crazy and was a BIG mess. Tried the mascara end, it was eh, okay but nothing special. Someone made the comment to try a different wand with the 'primer' product and TA-DA! much much better. I wouldn't buy it again unless they change out the wand but at least I'm able to use the product until it's gone.

on 2/9/2012 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I really like this drugstore mascara because it can compete with high end mascaras. It lifts, lengthens and gives you volume.. Its a real Bi*ch to take off though! You have to use alot of warm water and keep rubbing for a long time. I actually had my bathroom sink get clogged with alot of the tubes after 2 months of use of this mascara and that was annoying to say the least. Be aware of that. Otherwise, its a great mascara and makes your eyelashes look pretty. :)